Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
messynessie

Neutrogena Acne Stress Control

i love neutrogena :dance: i use one of their cleansing soap bars to clean my skin twice a day,works well.does just what it should,cleans your skin,nothing more,nothing less.

I was going to buy this today and for some reason I decided against it. Not because I didn't want it but because well I just didn't know what it is supposed to do. Is it like Neutrogena on the Spot? Though I did buy the Power Foam Wash and Power Clear Scrub. Maybe I might have to add this with the others :dance:

I was going to buy this today and for some reason I decided against it. Not because I didn't want it but because well I just didn't know what it is supposed to do. Is it like Neutrogena on the Spot? Though I did buy the Power Foam Wash and Power Clear Scrub. Maybe I might have to add this with the others :dance:

It's an all over application. Kinda of like a runny version of Dans BP.

So it might not be of no use for me then..seeing how I have Dans BP..my acne isn't out of control.. the only areas I am having trouble with is my forehead and the temples on my head can't seem to get those areas under control..also if it's like a runny version of Dans BP then there's no reason for me to buy this right? :think:

So it might not be of no use for me then..seeing how I have Dans BP..my acne isn't out of control.. the only areas I am having trouble with is my forehead and the temples on my head can't seem to get those areas under control..also if it's like a runny version of Dans BP then there's no reason for me to buy this right? :think:

I think you are misunderstanding me. the 3-in-1 Stress Control is an SA medication. It is NOT BP. Therefore it can be as runny as it likes, since SA comes in many forms.

I honestly don't know what to recommend for you. Everyone's skin is different (unfortunately). Before I tried this stuff I had been using Dans BP, and before that BP for several years. My face was flaking no matter what moisturizer I used, and I had varying forms of acne all over my face. Light to moderate, and sometimes severe (cysts).

After switching to this stuff (been on it a week) my skin has returned to a healthy glow, the pores are shrinking, blackheads decreasing, and NO MORE FLAKING. I have had only ONE new zit and a couple tiny ones, and they came to a head and are disappearing fast. I like to think my skin is purging. It also seems to be helping my cyst scars.

Now I don't want to believe this is my miracle drug yet. It's only been about a week since i've been on it, and I quit BP cold turkey so i'm prepared for a breakout. But so far I couldn't be happier.

After reading all of these rave reviews, I'll most likely stop by Rite Aid tomorrow and pick up this product. My only question is this: how well does it prevent your face from becoming a complete oil slick? No matter how often I wash my face, or what products I use, I can never seem to prevent my face from becoming one huge oil slick within an hour of taking a shower/applying zit cream or moisturizer. So, does this product hold up pretty well throughout the day?

I'll most likely give it a go, regardless, since my acne is starting to flare up again, and I am in a desperate search for some sort of solution. The cabinet under my sink is full of products that don't work. Hopefully I won't add this one to the graveyard.

By the way, has anyone tried the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub or Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Foam Wash? If this product is that great, maybe I should try out one of their cleansers also?

After reading all of these rave reviews, I'll most likely stop by Rite Aid tomorrow and pick up this product. My only question is this: how well does it prevent your face from becoming a complete oil slick? No matter how often I wash my face, or what products I use, I can never seem to prevent my face from becoming one huge oil slick within an hour of taking a shower/applying zit cream or moisturizer. So, does this product hold up pretty well throughout the day?

I'll most likely give it a go, regardless, since my acne is starting to flare up again, and I am in a desperate search for some sort of solution. The cabinet under my sink is full of products that don't work. Hopefully I won't add this one to the graveyard.

Not sure to be honest with you. My face doesn't get real shiny until the end of the day, though a few years ago it was pretty bad. A little oil is natural for your face, as long as it doesn't look like you took crisco and rubbed it all over.

It does seem to help my face.

It may be hard, but try using this product only in the evening for a few days or a week. Moisturize with a light moisturizer (I mentioned my favorite earlier in the thread, but it's expensive) in the morning. I am using Dan's Cleanser.

I didn't buy any of the others, because I wasn't sure how my skin would react to this one and I didn't want to overdo the SA. If I were you I would start off with this.

I apply this on top of another product, Prosacea, which is intended for rosacea but actually is just a clear aloe-based sulfur creme that has done wonders for my acne in addition to the Neutrogena Acne Stress control. If you haven't tried this product yet, some CVS stores are giving out free samples (usually near the front of the store) so check it out.

By the way, has anyone tried the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub or Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Foam Wash? If this product is that great, maybe I should try out one of their cleansers also?

I have both of those products. They work quite well actually. Also the products smell really good. I can't say I've had any problems so far. Seeing how I've only had the items for a few days now. The foam wash is a cleanser isn't it? Unless you're talking about getting the cream cleanser. I'll have to check it out. But other then that the Power Clear Scrub and the Power Foam Wash are really great! :dance:

I don't really know if this caused my acne to get worse...but when I was beginning to use it my cheeks & nose broke out in a whole bunch of pimples. I have never seen my acne get this bad in my life. But I was using the 3 in 1 hydrating acne treatment. I got off of it and kept using BP until the acne was gone. I'm still having trouble with my left cheek though. But maybe if I'm completely clear one day I'll go back to using it because I spent my money on it. But I agree it did make my face feel wonderful and it soothed my skin also.

I don't really know if this caused my acne to get worse...but when I was beginning to use it my cheeks & nose broke out in a whole bunch of pimples. I have never seen my acne get this bad in my life. But I was using the 3 in 1 hydrating acne treatment. I got off of it and kept using BP until the acne was gone. I'm still having trouble with my left cheek though. But maybe if I'm completely clear one day I'll go back to using it because I spent my money on it. But I agree it did make my face feel wonderful and it soothed my skin also.

I'm still having good success with this + my moisturizer.

I've stopped cleansing/moisturizing in the morning and have noticed my skin is actually less irritated.

I'm about 93% clear right now. I get a few tiny zits here and there, and the occasional medium sized one. However, they disappear rather quickly.

I must say that in all the years I had used BP, my skin quality has never been this good. I still am having a bit of an issue with blackheads on my nose, but other than that I have found my product.

Now it's just a matter of waiting for all my scars to fade and disappear, which they are slowly but surely doing.

Okay I definately need to try this stuff along w/ the foam cleanser. I've heard from a lot of places that this MicroClear Technology is genius. I hope results are quick, quick, quick, though because school starts in like 2 weeks for me, and my skin could look a lot better.

Okay...so here is the deal. I've been using the Stress Control Power scrub for a couple months now. It did a decent job, but because of my non-inflammatory acne, it was irritating. Anyways, I just switched to the foam and bought the 3 in 1 hyrdrating acne treatment. I think it's making me break out worse...or at least drying my skin out. Then again, I just started on anti-biotics as well.

I've started on an unconventional method though. Using urine instead of the hydrating thing...and I have to say, my face is even softer. If you want to know about it, just go to the thread.

Just bought this today (Aug 17 Friday) and going to give it a try.

Current Regime

Morning

- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

- Neutrogena Acne Stress Control

Evening

- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

- Neutrogena Acne Stress Control

Hoping for the best.

BTW.. what regimes are other people on that have been successful with Acne Stress Control?

Wanted to post a little update. It has been about 8 days since I started using the treatment and have been seeing satisfying results. The breakouts I had from the last two weeks have all gone away and there have been no new breakouts since then. All that is left is the red marks from the past.

Hopefully these results keep up, but I would definitely suggest others try this out. My regime as described in the previous post is all I do.

Wanted to post a little update. It has been about 8 days since I started using the treatment and have been seeing satisfying results. The breakouts I had from the last two weeks have all gone away and there have been no new breakouts since then. All that is left is the red marks from the past.

Hopefully these results keep up, but I would definitely suggest others try this out. My regime as described in the previous post is all I do.

Yep, I love the stuff. Do me a favor though and stay away from the other two products in the line until you are SURE you want to try them. I got cocky and decided to buy the other two and my skin flared right back up.

I just bought the full system and will try them today.

FYI, the Stress Control Products are the second generation of Microclear Technology products.

The first generation products include The Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub, the Spot Gel, and the pads. They don't have added green tea, etc., like the newer products, but who cares, they still have that bacteria-killing technology.

I bought them all! Starting on the program today. I truly dislike Benzoyl Peroxide; used it for years - no more.

Well, I've tried the stress control foam cleanser this morning, and I'm not impressed. I have sensitive facial skin and this made me itch. So I'll be using it up in the shower on my backne only.

Tonight I will try the 3 in 1 hydrator after I use my tried and trusted cleanser Dove cleansing bar for sensitive skin.

i bought this stuff 3 days ago and used it about 5 times... i wish i never did! it made me break out in big pimples... and they dont even form into a whitehead! .. they just take forever to go away and leave me with a red mark. so i now have 5 more red marks to be depressed about.. this stuff sucks!! i knew i shouldn't of wasted my money on it but i figured why not? give it a shot! ... the only thing that works ok for me is the ponds towelletes and baking soda w/ lemon juice!!

I've been using the 3-in-1 one for a few weeks now. I don't notice a huge difference in my skin. It is smoother. I'm undecided on if I'll purchase this again. I've also been using the scrub in this line. Again, I'm not too sure how much this is helping. I'm still getting pimples, but they aren't too bad right now. I have one trying to come up (a lovely under the skin pimple :cry: ) and three almost healed ones and one that is just starting to heal. Not too bad. But my period is coming next week, so we'll see how my face gets through that! I've started taking Aleve twice a day so maybe that'll help. :pray:

I just bought the full system and will try them today.

FYI, the Stress Control Products are the second generation of Microclear Technology products.

The first generation products include The Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub, the Spot Gel, and the pads. They don't have added green tea, etc., like the newer products, but who cares, they still have that bacteria-killing technology.

I bought them all! Starting on the program today. I truly dislike Benzoyl Peroxide; used it for years - no more.

Yea i hate bp too been using that for years but quit to try the whole acne stress control system... at first i broke out kinda bad but now its much better... im glad to be off bp

Well I tried the Stress Control cleanser for a second time to give it a fair shot - it is far too irritating. I'm only using it on my body from now on, BUT...

The 3 in 1 Hydrating Gel is something else! It is totally amazing and I see why everyone loves it. It took away the redness and irritation that the cleanser caused. My skin was smooth and soft and I believe it controls the oil a little. Plus it dissolved a budding whitehead. It's a definite keeper.

My next product to try will be the Stress Control scrub, used with my Dove Sensitive Skin cleansing bar.