Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheProphecy

Post your encounters with ignorant people

I only got two mean comments about my acne. I remember my cheeks burning up and feeling so bad about myself thinking its true. All I did was act like it didn't bother me when I really wanted to evaporate or something

I had a bad one jumping off a bus one night after town. I was with a group of mates and we were all drunk and rowdy. She heard one of my mates say something, I imagine, because as we were hopping off she yelled out, "Hey, Brown Shirt!". All my mates and I checked our shirts and I, unfortunately, had the 'brown shirt' on, haha. I looked up at her and she was... a 'big' girl, to put it nicely. She yelled out, "You're fucking ugly, you rude c**t". The whole bus stopped and looked at me, waiting for a reaction, I gues. I was in a drunk, hyper and quick-witted mood so I yelled back, "We can't all have ripped abs like you, you fat bitch!"

I know, it was bad to drop to her level, but the whole bus laughed and she shut up.

Other than that, I've never really been involved in any incidents.

This thread is for you to post true stories in which someone insulted you because of your acne.

I've had a few encounters in the past. I will share one where I really had nothing to do but ignore the person. One day in school I was walking down the hallway when one person from a loitering group yelled out "proactive ass face!" That person felt very secure being surrounded by a lot of friends and so I had no choice but to ignore that individual. Had the person been alone, I would have clearly knocked out their teeth.

just hearing alot of ewwws and looks of disgust on a daily basis.

i had this one guy sitting next to me while i was in front of a girl i liked and the side of my face was facing him and he said proactive face not even proactive can clear that up i was like will you stfu already damn that totally ruined the chances with the girl infront of me i liked :doubt:

First day at my new job, I got a 'you're ugly", from a 2be-colleague. Didn't knew where to look.

My acne was pretty bad at the time, it was a crappy, crappy day. All that confidence that I build up

for months, then I finally went and got that job, and all those months of preparation got smashed in a single moment.

And all my new colleagues were sitting there when he said it, laughing. Surprised I survived that day.

Wow, what a fucking asshole. I am really sorry that happened to you. It never ceases to amaze me how some people can be so insensitive, and have no regard for other people's feelings. I might be wrong, but if they felt they had to announce that, especially in front of everyone else, they are probably really insecure. :think:

i had this one guy sitting next to me while i was in front of a girl i liked and the side of my face was facing him and he said proactive face not even proactive can clear that up i was like will you stfu already damn that totally ruined the chances with the girl infront of me i liked :doubt:

Wow, what an asshole.

I had a bad one jumping off a bus one night after town. I was with a group of mates and we were all drunk and rowdy. She heard one of my mates say something, I imagine, because as we were hopping off she yelled out, "Hey, Brown Shirt!". All my mates and I checked our shirts and I, unfortunately, had the 'brown shirt' on, haha. I looked up at her and she was... a 'big' girl, to put it nicely. She yelled out, "You're fucking ugly, you rude c**t". The whole bus stopped and looked at me, waiting for a reaction, I gues. I was in a drunk, hyper and quick-witted mood so I yelled back, "We can't all have ripped abs like you, you fat bitch!"

I know, it was bad to drop to her level, but the whole bus laughed and she shut up.

Other than that, I've never really been involved in any incidents.

Holy crap! As if someone actually had the nerve to say that to you!!! I'm so sorry you had to exprerience that, I hope that dude loses all his hair or something. I agree with Solemnity, that guy probably has major issues.

I was walking through Big Lots which for what ever reason has the worst lighting. Well, a Spanish lady was staring at me, so I decided to approach her. Why the hell not?? I walked up to her and said can you see better now? Should I take a few pictures and send them to you. She was mortified and walked off. Yeah bitch.

People can be sooo nasty sometimes!

I've had 1 or 2 instances where ive had ignorant strangers comment about my skin! About 5 months ago, i had finished college and was waiting outside the train station minding m own business. And out of nowhere some lad comes up to me and says "sort your fac eout love, get some oxy". I was pretty shocked, but people like that arent worth the time of day!

my friend said this to me in class one day:

"I dont get why you cant just wash your face. Yeah yeah, you tell me you do, morning and night, but will people seriously believe that if your face is as oily as it is?"

:rolleyes:

I was walking through Big Lots which for what ever reason has the worst lighting. Well, a Spanish lady was staring at me, so I decided to approach her. Why the hell not?? I walked up to her and said can you see better now? Should I take a few pictures and send them to you. She was mortified and walked off. Yeah bitch.

"You know, you have a lot of pimples."

I asked her why she was making personal remarks and then she went on about how she was just expressing her opinion.

"When I saw you with my glasses on I was shocked."

And then a lot of random "What's that on your face/you're ugly" remarks.

Were these people raised by hyper-critical wolves?

i get idiots who walk into me all the time, and trust me, i'm looking where i'm going. it's annoying as all hell. usually it's 2 people walking side by side down a hallway, you can tell neither of them have any clue you're coming towards them, but they seem to move for other people. when you get to them they stay 2 wide and you have to friggin' flatten yourself on the wall to let them by... am i really that small and worthless looking that nobody notices me??

the worst comments that I ever got was from my family members (usually strangers are pretty polite), and the worst thing is they never say things directly to me, to try and help me. One day I walked into the room where my dad and sister were sitting and my dad says to my little sister as I walk in, "go get me that encyclopedia so I can look up cures for acne", I was so hurt, and just walked to my room and cried all night without anyone knowing.

Its something that I really dont understand because if I was a parent I would really understand how emotionaly difficult it is for someone to go through this and I would be supportive and DO ANYTHING I could to help my daughter out instead of making rude passive agressive comments. erghhhhhhh

Them: let me tell you about this great product for your skin

Me: let me tell you about this great diet for your ass

:lol:

I remember that moment like it was yesterday. I felt so good after telling her she had a fat ass for commenting on my cysts. :D

Them: let me tell you about this great product for your skin

Me: let me tell you about this great diet for your ass

:lol:

I remember that moment like it was yesterday. I felt so good after telling her she had a fat ass for commenting on my cysts. :D

last year everytime i went to get lunch when i would go to sit at my table these kids were whipering proactiv at me. at first i didnt notice but a friend of mine brought it to my attention. i still ignored it because it was dumb but they just started to get louder and also began to make fun of my 'nappy ass' hair and saying damn that girl needs to get a perm! that set me off and i cursed them out and they acted all innocent saying we never said anything like that. they other people sitting at the table were like why did you go off like that? and saying i never heard them say anything like that and that guy looked like he was telling the truth. so i thought after our little talk it would stop but then next day it started. then i was like screw it and i stopped eating lunch in the cafeteria. i hate the cafeteria.

i have another bad one

it was in 8th grade and this girl was sitting behind me and was shaking my desk.so i politely asked her could you please stop shaking my desk? shes like youre not the boss of me and started doing it more. i said could you please stop its distracting me. then she started shaking my desk really hard so then i asked the teacher to tell her to stop the teacher said stop and the girl was like ok but she still persisted. so then i ask for a seat change and that girl was friend with the guy siting behind me and she told him to shake my desk and he did. and so i said why dont you shut your face up and since she was popular they began to make fun of me for that phrase because according to them it didnt make sense and this girl went off on me she began to curse and make fun of my skin badly calling me ugly bitch and they all were joining in and none of my supposed friends said anything but watched. eventually she had to be removed it got so bad and they removed her from all my classes.

i have more but i think this is enough

i dont wanna sounds sappy at all.....or overly emotion because i am a 22 yr old guy who goes to the gym and does boxing lol but when i read these comments i swear a tear came to my eye honestly.....i started gettin acne this yr...i went from a really popular guy who went out clubbin or whatever to someone who stays at home like i am tonight and watches tv and hope for better days....i never made fun of anyone with acne but was around people who did and always said shut the fuk up why would u say that stupid shit..and people would be like because its funny....and i would freak and be like to who...which dumbass thinks thats funny.....all i can say is i dont know any of u guys but i would bet all the money i have that all of you are probably nicer then most people out there....why u ask?...because people who suffer from self esteem issues rarely will judge someone because of there appearence....all i can say is im not a religious person by any means...but i do pray.....and i honestly pray that myself and all of you will one day find all the peace in the world that u deserve and that stupid fuckers will get what they deserve:)

Ty

Its not really an encounter.But my mom likes to pick on me for a variety of things.She means no harm but sometimes she will just stare at my skin, on purpose, and i have to tell her to stop. I dont really know what to think of it =/

Oh, my best friends mom likes to comment on my skin.Once she asked "Do you pick at your face?!" also i slept over at her house before and to my horror she came in the room where me&my friend were and gave me proactive to wash my face with

I work at the customer service at an albertsons [neighborhood grocery store]

and this woman walks up to me and is like "omg you're so pretty, but you would look better if you didn't have acne..."

i was horrified...

then this one other time, a guy came up to me and was like..."i thought they only let 'pretty' people work at the customer service desk...guess they're making exceptions now" omg i was HORRIFIED...i cried and just left for the day because i started messing up and they were just like hey you can just go home...

well, for me, thankfully i havent had any rude comments lately, mostly because i just go straight to school and back home. but there was this one time back in high school when my acne was horrible and i was at the mall with my aunt and as i was walking by the verizon miny store thingy (u know the type where they are just in the middle of the hall to try and lure more customers in, i dont know what they are called) and anyway i just heard a loud manly yell saying: "proactive face" as soon as i heard it, i knew he was directing the comment to me and i just started to walk alot faster towards the exit and at the same time i just felt like balling/crying telling myself never to go out in public again, only when it was necessary like school. :boohoo: