Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DakinemonCU

Retin-A-Micro / Moisturizer

I am currently on the Retin-A-Micro, and my skin is a bit dry. Usually, after I shower, I use a toner and then my daily sunscreen. But, is there any other moisturizer any of y'all know of that might help he out? My skin doesn't necessarily flake/peel or anything, it just feels kinda tight and dry until I use those other products... Since it is not summer , where I live is not very humid anymore, so the dryness is starting to affect me..

yeah i definately agree with leah... Oil of Olay is light and won't clog your pores. I just started on Retin-A Micro again which was the only thing that cleared my skin a few years ago so I have been dry as well. Oil of olay is what I'm using and so far so good.

Hey, I'm new to this board and have been looking at all the posts when yours jumped out at me because I had just gone to the dermatoligist and was prescribed Retin-A .025% and 100mg. of Minocycline. Below is the EXACT regimen that the deramatologist told me to follow, exact products and time:

Morning: 1. Moderate temperature, quick shower (She told me longer and hotter showers is a big contribution to dry skin sad.gif ) and use NO face products in the shower because there effectiveness willl not be very high. 2. Shave with Neutrogena for Men Skin Protection Shave Gel and Mach 3 razor (Although I think that the Sensor Excel is much better for people with acne.)

3. Proactiv 3-Step System

4. Cetaphil Moisturizer ( smile.gif Works great and you only need and EXTREMELY small amount for your whole face.)

Night: 1. Cetaphil cleanser (just the regular skin formula, NOT OILY SKIN)

2. Wait 30 minutes then apply pea-sized amount of Retin-A (every other night, she said it has the same effectiveness and less irritation)

3. Wait 5 minutes and apply a smaller amount of Cetaphil than in the morning.

I take the minocycline at night on an empty stomach. I am only 3 days in so I have no idea if it is working and it seems like a TON of stuff, but wish me luck! 8-[