Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am a 16 year old girl looking for a better life.

I have the same story as most people here, I have had trouble with my skins for a few years now, and I am finally doing something to end it....forever :)

The one product that gave me back the majority of my life was ProActive. It is a lifesaver. One problem I still have is very oily skin, and a rare cystic pimple on my face...maybe a few bumps? But nothing unmanageable, and a handful of pimples on my face and a couple of bumps on my chest. A tip I learned on this website is to not use dryer sheets, to avoid bacne, and this worked amazingly well. Please try it if you need too. My best friend took Accutane 2 years ago and says she is so thankful for it, and wishes she had done it earlier etc etc, and her success story help convince me to go for it myself. So, today I took my first Accutane (Claravis 20mg) pill. Wish me luck!

DAY 1 (2/10/07)

I took my first Accutane pill today with dinner and my stomach felt weird for about 10 minutes, but then i was fine and didnt feel any different. I already noticed drying around my chin and mouth, but this might not be from Accutane. Currently I have two healing pimples on my forehead and a new (under the skin) one under my nose and another on my chin, hopefully they will go away soon :)

Hey!

I'm 17 and just started taking Accutane too, I want to get rid of this thing forever! I feel the same about Proactiv...It really did give me some of my life back too, in terms of feeling a little bit better. But the problem is still very much there, and I hope to get rid of it once and for all. Hope it happens for you too.

Congrats on starting the journey, and I will be keeping up with your progress. GOOD LUCK!!!!

-Chris

Day 3 (2/12/07)

Today I noticed some red marks on my forehead, red bumps on my neck and 2 or 3 pimples on my back / shoulder...eek! I also had slightly dry lips & skin today, but that might just be from the cold. I didn't think I would be seeing the effects of this pill already...hopefully I won't have too bad of an initial breakout!

DAY 5 (2/14/07)

I took my fifth pill today. I have noticed drier skin in patches on my cheeks and nose, and i got a few pimples on my chin. They are those red bumps that dont have anything in them, but they dont go away for a while ugghhhh. Everytime im watching TV and i see someone with clear skin, or someone in a bathing suit or whatever I say "I'm going to look like that soon." or "I'll be able to wear that in 4 months." I can't wait. Just thinking about what I'll be able to do when this is over, and thinking about how I wont have to determine what Im wearing based on my body acne makes this worth it. Sure, it will suck having gross skin over spring break and for prom and whatever else happens, but next year, my SENIOR YEAR, ill be able to do those things with beautiful, clear skin. omg. i love this. haha im a dork. :)

ya good thing you are doing it your junior year.. i'm doing it now in my senior year and hopefully this shit is gone or at least better by prom and break

DAY 6 (2/15/07)

Dry skin again, no new pimples, but still healing old ones. Overall, my skin doesnt look that bad. I'm praying to not get a bad IB, but if I do, it will be over February Break (no school for a week) so Im good there. I was glad my skin looked pretty good today because i got my picture taken for the Fashion Section in the yearbook! haha and pimples are definetly not in. (please dont listen to me, i say the weirdest things). hahaha :D

Eric: im sure your skin will be better by then! and its kinda ironic that you posted on my log talking about prom today, i just asked this guy named Eric to prom today :wub: haha

DAY 13 (2/23/07)

Dry skin is mostly gone. Just a few little spots on/around my nose & mouth. Whiteheads on my forehead are fading and my chin is getting a little worse. ew. I am almost OIL FREE! I wake up in the morning and i only have the slightest bit of oil on my face, and it isnt noticable! Chin feels grain-y like blackheads are surfacing? Same feeling on back. Hopefully they just go away and dont make me break out.

Side affects are pretty much none. My nose is dry, and bleeds when i blow it, and thats about it. My hands are actually NOT dry, and are pretty smooth. My lips are occasionally dry, but not cracked or bumpy or anything. Just smooth but dry.

:) I think things are going pretty well.

that is really weird.. your name isn't caity is it? and ya my oil was completely gone in around a month i think.. i could find out from my log but i don't feel like searching.

that is really weird.. your name isn't caity is it? and ya my oil was completely gone in around a month i think.. i could find out from my log but i don't feel like searching.

Day 17 (2/26/07)

chest almost completely free of red marks! new bumps in corner of my lip that hurts really bad, and my chin is a little red but my cheeks look amazing -- not that they ever really had a problem. :) no back pain today and barely any dry skin. yay

Day 19 (2/28/07)

sorry i missed the midnight mark, but this post was meant to be for the 28th.

back pain is gone, which is such a relief, but my forehead broke out pretty badly. :( my back had like 3 or 4 more bumps than usual, and my chin is a little gross. it looks like every pore on my face has a blackhead that is coming to the surface. ew. again, ew. chest is looking better, and rarely dry skin anywhere, except my lips which i keep constantly Aquaphor-ized. haah.

yes it is! well my name is Katie..but same thing. Did something ironic happen with a girl named Caity?

Day 31 (3/12/2007)

sorry i havent posted in a while! I have been reaallllly caught up in school and extra activities lately.

i dont think i could describe how happy i am when i wake up each morning and my skin isnt greasy, and i go to school and my skin isnt greasy and then i come home and it still is perfect! i know i havent been on Accutane for too long now, but the results are amazing! my chest is almost 100% clear (with some healing old scars) and my back is getting there! my main goal is to be completely clear for prom. today i went to get my prescription filled again at the dermo and had this huge lab screw up so i might be off my pills for a day or so :/ eek. no!

side effects are slim to none...a dry nose that bleeds when i blow it...but that is also attributed to the cold. and THATS IT!

eric: haha thats great, well is your date a lot shorter than you or are you taller than her?

my date is 6'3'' and im 5'5''....so...wow...thats going to be slightly awkward dancing. how would you feel about going to prom with a girl almost a foot shorter than you? ahh im nervous. :)

good luck everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted in months! MY SKIN IS AMAZING AND CLEAR AND I LOVE IT! My skin isn't oily or shiny....yippie! I don't even have the slightest bit of breakout anywhere on my body. I am so grateful for taking accutane and I am so happy.

Eric: how was your prom? mine was a lot of fun...kinda hard to dance because of the height difference, but I had a wonderful time. :)

thats awesome you have so much improvement.. my prom was kinda lame, i spent more time with my friends than with my date cause she had a boyfriend :P