Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

I Cannot Take Another Minute of This Crap!

I cannot take another minute of this crap! I started using alovera and jojoba oil and they were really starting to make my pimples less red and they were fading. I wasnt breaking out for a few days. Just when I think my acne is getting better things have gotten worse. Now (for the first time ever in my life) I am getting cystic pimples under my chin! This is so frustrating. I have breakouts practically everyday, whether Im on my period or not. I am so tired of this. Ive been on every prescription medication I can think of (Accutane twice, Solodyn, Evoclin, all the retinoids,every prescription out there)! None of them work for me. I dont know what to do anymore. Are there any good home remedies or any other prescription topicals that work that maybe I havent tried? I want to avoid taking pills. Ive come to the conclusion that I hate taking medicine.

I cannot take another minute of this crap! I started using alovera and jojoba oil and they were really starting to make my pimples less red and they were fading. I wasnt breaking out for a few days. Just when I think my acne is getting better things have gotten worse. Now (for the first time ever in my life) I am getting cystic pimples under my chin! This is so frustrating. I have breakouts practically everyday, whether Im on my period or not. I am so tired of this. Ive been on every prescription medication I can think of (Accutane twice, Solodyn, Evoclin, all the retinoids,every prescription out there)! None of them work for me. I dont know what to do anymore. Are there any good home remedies or any other prescription topicals that work that maybe I havent tried? I want to avoid taking pills. Ive come to the conclusion that I hate taking medicine.

Guest Mankind

You should definitely take a look at the home/natural section of the ratings page and judge for yourself what might be helpful.

Personally, I think apple cider vinegar worked well for overall skin tone and acne when I used it for like a month last year but I gave up on it too easily and didn't see full effects.

Lemons definitely brightened my skin tone and drinking fresh lemon juice with water really makes me feel healthy if that makes any sense, lol.

The egg white and lemon mask is very popular but I think somewhere in the redmark section there is a thread that talks about baking soda and steaming face with cloth or something that dries out cysts without leaving scar/mark. I think it was mentioned in the 'Delna's method' topic somewhere in there if that's any help.

Thats true retrospectable but do you know how I can prevent these breakouts from occurring in the first place. Its very aggrevating. Im losing hope!

Guest Mankind
How do I use the eggwhite on my face. I dont understand =/

Have you tried drinking ACV three times a day? That has completely cleared my face. I only have about 4 pimples that are dying down very fast as to where at one point I counted around 60 active sum-a-bishes. Ain't that a trip. I apply ACV topically (not diluted) once a day at night or every other day, doesn't matter too much I've found, it helps even out my skin tone. Don't get all angry and emo and crap because I never thought I'd see the day when my face is actually 100% clear and it's almost that time. I keep waiting for the clock to strike midnight and things to revert back to their big bad nasty blemishy self but it's not happening. Try it.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I drink like 4oz of Apple Juice mixed in with maybe 1oz of ACV (around 2 or 3 table spoons worth of ACV, I don't know the exact measurements I just eyeball it). It tastes like a sour bitter version of Apple juice but it's a MILLION times better than with plain water. Oh jeez I dreaded those days. I still throw away the cup with much contempt after every time but I realize the benefits now that I stuck with it. Some people just use it topically and that was my fatal error for about 2 months. Drinking the stuff is what does the magic, I'm convinced it evens out some part of your system. In my mind I tell myself it coats my stomach and kills off yucky bacteria until my next meal and evens out my pH. I don't know what it really does but I like to make up my own explantion.

You should definitely take a look at the home/natural section of the ratings page and judge for yourself what might be helpful.

Personally, I think apple cider vinegar worked well for overall skin tone and acne when I used it for like a month last year but I gave up on it too easily and didn't see full effects.

Lemons definitely brightened my skin tone and drinking fresh lemon juice with water really makes me feel healthy if that makes any sense, lol.

The egg white and lemon mask is very popular but I think somewhere in the redmark section there is a thread that talks about baking soda and steaming face with cloth or something that dries out cysts without leaving scar/mark. I think it was mentioned in the 'Delna's method' topic somewhere in there if that's any help.

King of Instant Wonton, do you know if they sell ACV in stores already made?

Im gonna lie down for a couple of hours and I will check back here later

STEAMING! Works awesome! It may take a few weeks but it totally cleans your poors out. Here's what I do take a clean wash cloth soak in hot water and hold on your face til it cools down and just repeat a few times spend atleast 10 minutes a night, longer if you want. Also soaking in hot water did wonders for my skin. My acne was moderate with lots of red marks after 5 months of steaming soaking and also apple cidar vinegar my face is 95% clear.

Did you guys use these tricks while on the regimen or separately? I really don't have any acne, I just have redness like all over my face so if this evens out skin tone like you people say it does this could really help me!

I agree with the steaming..it opens and purges. I have a great routine I'll post if you're interested.

Not all natural but not prescriptions either. I also have terribly sensitive/dry skin and this routine works well for me.

I went for having several cysts at a time to not having one in over 3 months! I have 1 tiny pimple now but I'm ovulating..always happens then.

AM

-wash with alpha hydrox hydrating cleanser (I'm switching to Paula's Choice because they do NO animal testing

-apply Paula's Choice 2% BHA lotion

- take an Aleve if I'm ovulating within a week

During the Day

-drink 7 cups of tea. Green tea/Honeybush tea/Yogi Hormonal Balance tea

PM

-wash with Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub - it's very gentle so I use it daily (i'm also wanting to stop because of the animal testing so i'm looking at other products)

- apply Paula's Choice 2% BHA wait 30 minutes then apply Mandalic Acid (MaMa) or Green Cream (alternating nights)

- take an Aleve if I'm ovulating within a week

- take 1/2 teaspoon Borage oil

- 3,600mg of letichin

The moisturizer I swear by is Complex 15 found at www.drugstore.com

My friend Michelle swears by Paulas Choice. Maybe I should try some samples. I have been taking Aleve but thats for my knee pain. Thats cool that it works for a number of things including breakouts. Im really desperate at this point. My moderate acne really is tragic. I have very deep scars all over my chin and some on my cheeks. The thing that really sucks is I had no acne for ten months, not even mild acne. All of a sudden I had this horrible breakout and have been breaking out everyday since. I have had acne on and off for going on thirteen years :boohoo:

I'm in the same boat as you! I've been on accutane, antibiotics, retinoids, birth control pills......you name it, and nothing has given me long term results. I had to stop taking spiro about a month ago because of ridiculous side effects, and now my skin won't stop breaking out. I'm at the end of my rope. Today I actually started crying when I looked at myself. It seems that after one breakout clears, two days later I'm breaking out again. Oh, and my newest breakout area is my neck. So how gross is that. The entire lower half of my face is full of zits and tons of red marks that I can't even cover with make-up properly. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE!!!!! Right now I'm off all prescription meds and just taking flax oil, evening primrose oil, probiotics and a multi vitamin. I need support right now.