Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, I have suffered with acne since I was around 12 years old, I am now 15, but I have never ever used anything on my face. No creams, Benzoyl Peroxide, medications, nothing. I've never been to a dermatologist.

What I am saying is I have natural skin that looks like crap, which I've had for 3 years.

As a person who has never done anything to their skin out of the ordinary, what should I do?

I have mild acne, about 2 active zits on my face with 3,000 red marks.

I just started washing my face with the "Dip regime" Morning and night 2 weeks ago. It has helped a tiny bit.

suggestions....?

Okay, I have suffered with acne since I was around 12 years old, I am now 15, but I have never ever used anything on my face. No creams, Benzoyl Peroxide, medications, nothing. I've never been to a dermatologist.

What I am saying is I have natural skin that looks like crap, which I've had for 3 years.

As a person who has never done anything to their skin out of the ordinary, what should I do?

I have mild acne, about 2 active zits on my face with 3,000 red marks.

I just started washing my face with the "Dip regime" Morning and night 2 weeks ago. It has helped a tiny bit.

suggestions....?

I would definitely recommend getting a dermatologist appointment. I have had mild to moderate acne since I was 14 and am now 23. The derm can prescribe you an antibiotic as well as a topical cream. I highly recommend Duac topical gel. Its a combination of Benzoyl Peroxide and clindamycin. It works really well for me. Also, I have had really good results with Proactiv. Dont get discourages if you do get on any of these medications because you probably will flare up even worse than you are. But after a few weeks you will see great results.

If you want to avoid a dermatologist appointment and save your folks some money and yourself perhaps a lot of grief, give the regimen a try. Buy a gentle liquid face or body wash, some 2.5% benzoyl peroxide like Neutrogena On The Spot or order some from this site, and a moisturizing cream or lotion and start a twice-a-day program. Wash, medicate with BP, and moisturize (because the BP will dry your skin). You can treat your whole face, to prevent future breakouts, or try spot treating. Good luck!