Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matheus

Irritable Bowel Syndrome, the pain

Does anyone have IBS? I go to another message board but it's for people with IBS. What kinds of things have you done to help improve the painful symptoms? I drink metamucil everyday, avoid fatty foods, take probiotics, and eat very clean foods. Though for the past week my stomach has hurt really badly. I upped the amount of fiber just a little and the probiotics. They seem to have helped settle the pain down but I really want this to last. Do you think megadosing probiotics would get rid of my IBS? What foods do you think I should be eating? Thank you.

vegmom02 thanks so much! I once had a problem with hemorrhoids from the stools being too hard when I was 18. Being consistent with fiber has stopped that from coming back. I usually have regular bowel movements but some weeks I stop having them for 3-4 days and it worries me. Thanks for telling what you have in your diet. The soy milk is something I'll want for sure incorporating everything else.

I thought I had IBS at first, but I don't have abdominal pain really. I'm on a low-fiber diet right now, though, which really sucks, because I normally eat healthy, high-fiber foods.

Have you heard of the Specific Carbohydrate Diet? You might want to look into it if not. It's proven very successful for people with digestive disorders.

Have you heard of the Specific Carbohydrate Diet? You might want to look into it if not. It's proven very successful for people with digestive disorders.

I was diagnosed with IBS during my freshman year in college. It was a stressfull time in my life, and I have since found that my IBS is both stress and food related. I have found yoga to be an immense help in managing my stress and subsequently my IBS. I also avoid foods containing wheat. I find that if I eat wheat and I have a particularly stressful day (I am in grad school so stress tends to be the norm in my life right now) I will have abdominal pain and gas--all around fun.

So I really recommend yoga as part of your solution, especially if you have stress in your life.

No one has mentioned probiotics/candida issues, I'm surprised. I've heard that an anti-candida diet along with good probiotics can be a very effective treatment for IBS. Candida is the culprit in many of the gut dysbiosis-type of diseases that are running rampant these days...these diseases were exceptionally rare 40-50 years ago, now 1 out of 10 seem to have them.

I recently started having IBS, actually it was during the winter holidays. My problem has been bloating, constipation, and mucus in stool. Well, I am working on a new regimen for acne. One part of the regimen is my diet (of course). I am convinced that sesame seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds have extreme beneficial properties and decided to combine them in a smoothie. Well one day I bought flax seeds and combined them with the other seeds plus about 1 + 1/2 cups of water. In the morning for breakfast, on an empty stomach, I drank the smoothie and less than 45 minutes later I had a bulk stool. That was the first bulk stool since my IBS started (they had been narrow). I wasn't even focused so much on IBS when I made the smoothie recipe. I was more focused on acne and planned to drink herbal tea later to help cleanse my body.

By the way, essiac herbal tea is great for natural body cleansing (hundreds or possibly thousands have used it to heal cancer). The only thing is that essiac tea should be used when the bowels are working properly otherwise it is not as effective. This is due to the bowels expelling all of the body's toxins. So anyways, essiac tea is the second part of my regimen. I know that this seed smoothie helps with IBS. It is also very inexpensive. If you drink it, I recommend that you drink it at least an hour after your previous meal. I also don't drink cups of milk like I used to. I have learned that milk causes mucus. I am sorry for you that you are experiencing pain. Please consult with your physician before trying this smoothie since I don't know exactly how extreme your IBS condition is.

I drank that smoothie only that one day earlier this week, and plan to drink it regularly. The smoothie was somewhat bitter, not because the seeds combined are sour. It was because the sesame, sunflower, and pumpkin seeds had gone rancid. The flax seeds were fresh though. Oh, make sure you grind the flax seeds before you use them and store them in the refrigerator. Actually you should probably grind all of the seeds before you make the smoothie, because it was too thick to drink with a straw. Next time I will grind all of the seeds dry first. You can use a blender to grind them dry. Here is the exact recipe: 1 tablespoon of flax seeds, 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds, 1 tablesppoon sunflower seeds, 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds, 1 tbsp of oil (olive oil or coconut oil) and 1+1/2 cups water. I wish you the best.

**Oh, I forgot to mention that for best results it is good to let the seeds soak in the water for a few hours (not in the blender - but in a seperate container). For each smoothie, I will be soaking the 4 tablespoons of dry ground up seeds in the 1 + 1/2 cups of water and then blending the mixture in the blender.

xotiq

I didn't read the whole thread, so I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but it may also be a good idea to get a food intolerance test done if you suffer from IBS. I understand that avoiding foods that are causing you issues can really help this condition. Good luck.