Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whorrified

My Minocycline and Tazorac Log

Today is DAY2 of my new regiment involvoling minocycline 2x a day and Tazorac 0.1% cream at night.

The tazorac applied last night seemed to make old zits a little more red and surfaced about 3 pre-existing zits.

#of zits:36 cry.gif

dryness level: 0/10 O:)

redness level: 1/10 O:)

Today is DAY7 of my minocycline 2x a day and Tazorac 0.1% cream at night regiment.

Overall, i'm seeing my face change a little and i'm liking the results i'm getting. smile.gif

#of zits:31biggrin.gif/ the number of zits decreased by about 5 overall. I have 3 main patches of acne; each cheek and chin. All areas saw a great reduction in pimple size. I think by next week my number of zits should go down to 25 maybe [-o<

dryness level:4/10 over this week, the dryness increased. It was not typical dryness though; it was kind of like the surface layer of skin coming off each day, which washed away when i washed my face.

redness level:1/10 redness remained the same

DAY13

This week, i had several (5 or 6) pre-existing zits come to the surface. I'm hoping that this is the "breakout period" that i've heard other people get from tazorac, cuz 5 or 6 new isn't too bad.

#of zits:31 8-[ the number of zits remained roughly the same, but other ones went away.

dryness level: 6/10 more dryness was noticed around my mouth, nose and chin areas.

redness level: 1/10 redness remained the same

DAY 21

This week, i think the "breakout period" continued. I'm noticing that my face recovers from a pimple way faster than before. Before starting the tazorac and minocycline, i would get a zit and it would last for a couple weeks (usually 2-3 weeks); now, i can get a new pimple and it is on its way to full recovery around 9 days or so.

This is the third week I have been on this program. Since new pimples form 2-3 weeks before they show up on your face, i'm hoping that pretty much most of the pimples have come up and I can finally start seeing the red marks fade.

The two patches of acne on my cheeks have 90% cleared up and I can tell that the red marks have been diminishing. Now its just my chin area that i'm worrying about...2 bad acne areas down...1 to go.

#of zits:29 the number of zits remained about the same. those 5 or 6 new ones that appeared last week are on their way to clearing up. I've noticed that the redmarks are fading, too. biggrin.gif/

dryness level: 7.5/10 This week got QUITE dry..I had to skip an application of tazorac to let my face recover for a day.

redness level: 5/10 redness also increased as the dryness increased.

"Stop the acne, end the insanity, and have peace of mind that you can go outdoors once again."

Hi! I'm on almost the exact same plan as you except my minocycline is 135 mg. I was wondering how often you apply tazorac and how you apply it? I'm starting my plan tomorrow and I'm very nervous :(