Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
summer2006

1st post - need advice - adult acne

hi all,

I've been dealing with acne for years (I'm female, 29 yrs.). I've been on a lotttt of stuff over the years and now like many of you, i'm trying to figure out what the next step is.

I went on accutane about 6 1/2 years ago (for about 6-8 months), then the acne came back 3 years later. did another stint of accutane for 6 months. then this summer my acne was so much worse than I can ever remember.

I went to a new derm...she said that since I did 2 courses of accutane, she did not want to do a 3rd. So she put me on Solodyn...retin A...and a Benzoyl peroxide wash and Benzoyl peroxide spot treatment.

After 6 months on the solodyn, my skin is definitely better than over the summer, but it has hit this plateau and it is still not looking so hot to me. The dr. has now put me on the Minocin PAC..which I really doubt will do much.

After all of this time, now the Dr. says that a 3rd course of Accutane might be the only next step.

I just dont have much hope that a 3rd try at Accutane is going produce different results than the first 2 times.

Has anyone else been in this position. Did a 3rd course of Accutane work for you!!?

Thanks in advance!