Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
klvoe

Anyone else feel like they take a gazillion pills?

So I take 2-3 omega-3s, 3 (teeny-tiny) Boscia Clear Complexion multivitamins, 5 (also teeny-tiny) Bosica Antioxident Vegtable Therapy pills, 3 pantethine pills, 4 packets of Threelac... I mean, I guess that isn't so much. I really shouldn't complain... but does anyone see anything I can drop or perhaps should substitute???

i used to, not so much anymore. i was taking a multi oil, vit e, cephalexin, accutane, and then i was on 2 moe antibiotics and some pain relievers when i got a sinus infection. now i just take the accutane.

So I take 2-3 omega-3s, 3 (teeny-tiny) Boscia Clear Complexion multivitamins, 5 (also teeny-tiny) Bosica Antioxident Vegtable Therapy pills, 3 pantethine pills, 4 packets of Threelac... I mean, I guess that isn't so much. I really shouldn't complain... but does anyone see anything I can drop or perhaps should substitute???

I take:

6 Flaxseed Oil

2 Vitamin E

1 Super B-Complex

2 Concentrated Milk Thistle

4 Concentrated Green Tea extract

2 Accutane

klvoe,

i know exactly what you mean! here's what i take on a daily basis:

3 essential fatty acid capsules

6 evening primrose capsules

2 tablets of zinc

2 tablets of saw palmetto

1 B-Complex

2 Skin Eternal multivitamins

3 spironolactone pills

Yikes! I've never listed them all out before! If I remember them all (which isn't always the case) I take 19 pills/day + 3 tsp on B5 powder.

All because i desperately want clear skin...

aye, yeah, I used to take a ton of pills too when I was experimenting with what worked and what didn't.

Taking 10 pills a day seemed scary and slightly unhealthy.

Now, I don't take any pills, and if i do, its Vitamin C and I'm healthier than before. That's because I get all the good stuff from the foods I eat instead of through pills.

eat a varied diet, small servings of many different types of fruits and vegetables every day

i do this every day and the only supplements i use are a omega 3 + vitamin E pill and some generic liquid multivitamin

I take 20 B5 vitamins, 1 chromium picolate pill, 1 b-complex pill, 6 spiralina, 1 calcium pill, 1 vitamin C pill, 1 Niacinamide, 8 Inositol, 1 very nice multi-vitamin.

That's 40 pills a day. Ahhh! :P

I thought I was the only one taking so many pills. I get tired of it ... but I certainly cant complain because the b5 has kept my skin clear for 2 years now and I have had no side effects.

But yes, I feel like a pill popper :P.

I take 20 B5 vitamins, 1 chromium picolate pill, 1 b-complex pill, 6 spiralina, 1 calcium pill, 1 vitamin C pill, 1 Niacinamide, 8 Inositol, 1 very nice multi-vitamin.

That's 40 pills a day. Ahhh! :P

I thought I was the only one taking so many pills. I get tired of it ... but I certainly cant complain because the b5 has kept my skin clear for 2 years now and I have had no side effects.

But yes, I feel like a pill popper :P.

[/quhac

have you been taking 20 B5 a day for 2 yrs????

Yes I have. It holds my acne at bay and I am very thankful for it.

My dermatologist put me on some strong medication - which stopped my acne -- but made me vomit every day for 2 hours.

The b5 stopped my acne in 3 days and there are no side effects. I'm very thankful for it.

I don't take any pills regularly. I think most of them are a waste. I take fish oil or emergen-c occassionally, which aren't pills, I guess. I keep triphala around to take before bed if I feel like I need it, but I rarely take it. That's about it.

i also used to take a handful of pills from the time i started accutane bec. i found it necessary to balance the possible side effects of the drug such as slow healing. but since last week i started limiting it to just the Total EFA and my skin's still improving. I've been drinking 1 or more cups of green tea a day and 4 cups of green smoothies with flax seeds about every other day and have been getting 8 or more hours of sleep, and been staying positive. ;)