Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lily26

Update on Dan's Moisturizer?

Hi Dan,

First I would like to thank you for helping sort out my skin. Before finding this website I was basically following the regimen, but using only a tiny bit of benzoyl peroxide, because any more would make my skin dry out. I had no idea that my skin would eventually adjust (it took several months and I still only use 1/3 of the full amount but it works pretty well), so I hadn't tried to use more.

Anyway, I have been waiting with bated breath for the moisturizer, and was wondering how you are doing. Did the mods like the sample that you gave them near the end of last year?

Thanks so much,

Lily

PS. At the moment I use an 8% glycolic acid solution from Paula's Choice, which is pretty good, and a simple moisturizer from the same company, but would love to drop a step!

I haven't been updating about it much because I don't want to keep crying wolf. But, I keep working on it at a mad pace. I am up to sample number 46 or 47 now, I've lost track. But the latest samples I am loving and so are Brandy and Joel. I designed this formulation myself more or less, and it has:

water

sodium lactate

urea

jojoba oil

efficacious anti-inflammatories

non-paraben preservatives

It looks slightly yellowish due to the jojoba, and has pretty much no scent. It goes on very clear and very quickly. It also moisturizes like nothing I have ever tried in my life. It's an insanely amazing moisturizer if I do say so myself. Now, the challenges that lie ahead:

1. It makes my skin feel warm after applying it. Neither Brandy nor Joel noticed this, but I did, so they're trying to fix that.

2. It leaves an ever-so-faint feeling on my skin after I apply it. I want something that absorbs entirely and doesn't feel like you've put anything on your skin. Again, this is mostly me being super picky as Brandy and Joel don't seem to mind. But I have the formulator also working on this.

I will be sure to let you know how things go. Once we nail this one, I'm going to have them add in an avobenzone based full-spectrum spf so we can have 2 options, one with spf and one without.

Sodium lactate is the salt base of lactic acid, right? What percent lactic acid are you aiming for in the finished product?

The formula sounds fabu, though my guess is that if you are feeling warm it might be because there's too much urea in the current sample. Urea apparently acts as an inflammatory if you have too much of it on, though it's great for moisturizers in small quantities.

This latest sample has been by far my favorite. It is thin (not thick), spreads on nicely and doesn't leave a shine. I really like it alot.

So it still has to go through the three months of FDA testing? Or will the non-spf version be available sooner? I am dying for this moisturizer. I really wish it didnt have to go through all the regulations and testing, but of course that makes it safer and a higher-quality product. Keep up the good work Dan.. thanks!

This one won't have to go through stability testing because it has no spf. So I'll probably put this one out first, but again, not until it's perf.

Great news, maybe even update your website Dan. The last update was on July 20th.

After some clicking I found this topic, but most of the time I just check the main

site for moisturizer ratings etc.

Or just put a link to this thread, might be reassuring for other folks as well,

hoping for an even better moisturizer. The die-hard forum junies won't miss this thread,

others might... I just want them to feel somewhat assured as well.

'Assuring' that something better is being brewed, because i think some of us have

been thrown back to the testing/experimenting fase, since eucerin-skin-renewal

has been discontinued. Although Lac-Hydrin is once again a moisturizer

that does the job well, it isn't perfect due to the thickness imo.

PS The ingredients almost sound too logical. Urea 5% kept me non-flaki,

but the product I used had also tons of alcohol in it. Jojoba is great too, combi-

ned with the AHA. Keeps you wondering why other companies (with big budgets,

and large crews) didn't come up with something decent...

Sounds good. I'm hoping it will enable me to do the regimen twice a day, as I have sensitive skin. Keep on the good work.

Really looking forward to dans moisturiser. I just know it will be miles better than anything out there at the moment!

Guest ~Wolfy~
2. It leaves an ever-so-faint feeling on my skin after I apply it. I want something that absorbs entirely and doesn't feel like you've put anything on your skin. Again, this is mostly me being super picky as Brandy and Joel don't seem to mind. But I have the formulator also working on this.

I will be sure to let you know how things go. Once we nail this one, I'm going to have them add in an avobenzone based full-spectrum spf so we can have 2 options, one with spf and one without.

You doubtless know this, but you can't have it soaking in completely if it's also supposed to be a sunblock; sunblock doesn't work if it's all been sucked into the pores; so you may have to tweak it back again for the SPF version.

i cant wait until the lotion comes out. Im going to be doing backflips becuz i know it will be nice and better quality than most products at the store. Please make it ready by summer so i can relax with my new lotion on my face

I haven't been updating about it much because I don't want to keep crying wolf. But, I keep working on it at a mad pace. I am up to sample number 46 or 47 now, I've lost track. But the latest samples I am loving and so are Brandy and Joel. I designed this formulation myself more or less, and it has:

water

sodium lactate

urea

jojoba oil

efficacious anti-inflammatories

non-paraben preservatives

It looks slightly yellowish due to the jojoba, and has pretty much no scent. It goes on very clear and very quickly. It also moisturizes like nothing I have ever tried in my life. It's an insanely amazing moisturizer if I do say so myself. Now, the challenges that lie ahead:

1. It makes my skin feel warm after applying it. Neither Brandy nor Joel noticed this, but I did, so they're trying to fix that.

LOL

I think i agree hehe.

I know want to produce the perfect moisteriser but the above sounds pretty cool.

So, still no approximate date yet?? I swear....other than the final Harry Potter book, the DKR Moisturizer is the most anticipated item to be released! lol :D

man i hope that it comes out soon

im really having hard time finding THE perfect moisturizer so...

keep up the good work Dan!

I just got the latest sample today. Many of the other mods should be getting theirs too, so we'll be trying it out.