Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shenanigans

best moisturizers while on accutane

hey everybody. i have been prescribed accutane to begin taking dec. 12th. i'm trying to get prepared by getting the right products. have any of you found a really great face and/or body moisturizer that has helped with the dryness. my skin is already so dry and sensitive, i can't imagine how much worse it's going to get. oh well. thanks for any advice. plus, has anybody taken any vitamins or used a humidifier to help with accutane dryness?

thanks!

the cetaphil face wash and lotions are the best - walmart makes a generic brand of it too...medicated chapstick worked wonders for me. Don't take vitamins with vitamin A in them (Accutane is a derivative of vitamin A and can be toxic) Drink tons of water to help with the dryness! Hope this helps!

princess said it all. I'm on accutane and use cetaphil products. Make sure you get the moisturizer in the big green bottle (that looks like the cleanser), not that other new one.

I've been taking accutane for about 1 day now and I'm not experiencing any dryness. Would it be possible for me not to wash my face while on accutane? Before I use to wash my face because it was oily. If my face is dry I won't need to wash right?

I think you will still need to wash your face. Do you wear makeup or anything? At least use a moisturizer though, cause you will get very dry!

Before Accutane I used BP and sunscreen without any make up. Now on accutane I don't put anything on my face cause I'm expecting it to be dry. If it gets really dry then I'll probably wash and moisturize again

The cetaphil face wash will help to moisturize your skin also, b/c your skin will be getting very dry (belive me... Im only on my 13th day of accutane, and my skin is sooo dry, it hurts!), if you use that first, then follow with the cetaphil moisturizer, you should be doing great! Also, your lips will be getting very dry, I am using aquaphor on my lips, and it has helped me so much, and I like the look it has, it looks kinda like you are wearing clear lip gloss!