Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
katie.hill

Prescribed Today - terrified of initial break out? + side effects how bad is it

Hey , Ive suffered from acne since I was about 13 , I am now 21 and tried everything going, and was prescribed roaccutane today by my Derm. I cannot imagine what it must be like to look in the mirror and have no spots! I really hope this works for me, but I am terrified of the initial break out? Can it be really bad? I have a type of acne in which it is now just all under the skin horrible bumps all over but dont really get the cystic type ( I did when I was younger but Diannette pill seems to have got rid of that finally) I am just worried about that coming back. Also worried about the depression side of the tablet?

Any help and advice appreciated :-)

Katie :-) xxx

go for it. The IB is gonna suck but look at it this way, there is a good chance you will be acne free for the rest of your life. 4-6 months is not a big deal. oh yea, im on day 25 of 40 mg / day and i gotta say im happier then usual because of my chances with accutane. i have started to get a kinda rash on my arms though. gonna have to ask the doc about it on my next visit.

depends, ive been on tane for a month now and for me my skin has been pushing everything out. what its really doing is raising all the acne that could have been attained in the future years. for me its gotten kinda bad but i just see all the blackheads comming up. plus i do get the big ones. so for you, i wouldnt worry. the areas of small pimples seem to be coming out and drying up pretty well. considering youre situation i feel like you wont have too many breakouts to start with but there will come some pimps because youre skin needs to clear out. whatever you chose, im sure itll be great, good luck! dont worry about the depression side of it, the more likely you worry about it, the more likely youre to feel upset. so relax.all the side effects ive gotten is dry skin(hands legs, face), chapped lips, and a brain pressure headache(that was only because i went to mexico and couldnt help but have 2 sex on the beaches). youll do fine, if youre skim gets bad just remember its all worth it

depends, ive been on tane for a month now and for me my skin has been pushing everything out. what its really doing is raising all the acne that could have been attained in the future years. for me its gotten kinda bad but i just see all the blackheads comming up. plus i do get the big ones. so for you, i wouldnt worry. the areas of small pimples seem to be coming out and drying up pretty well. considering youre situation i feel like you wont have too many breakouts to start with but there will come some pimps because youre skin needs to clear out. whatever you chose, im sure itll be great, good luck! dont worry about the depression side of it, the more likely you worry about it, the more likely youre to feel upset. so relax.all the side effects ive gotten is dry skin(hands legs, face), chapped lips, and a brain pressure headache(that was only because i went to mexico and couldnt help but have 2 sex on the beaches). youll do fine, if youre skim gets bad just remember its all worth it

Hi.

I'm on day 25 of Accutane as well. Yeah, my skin is doing the same thing as EMSTEFF90.. I have 2 huge cysts (one on my jawline :wacko: and one one my cheek!. Not to mention lots of little bumps and blackheads. I am still using BP products. Derm said OK for as long as skin tolerates. I am on 40mg a day as well. Derm upped me to 60mg for month 2. Don't worry about the depression aspect, if anything.. you might feel a little bit weepy at times... But that's OK. Good luck to you.. It's gonna BE SOOOO WORTH IT. Keep in touch!

Hey , Ive suffered from acne since I was about 13 , I am now 21 and tried everything going, and was prescribed roaccutane today by my Derm. I cannot imagine what it must be like to look in the mirror and have no spots! I really hope this works for me, but I am terrified of the initial break out? Can it be really bad? I have a type of acne in which it is now just all under the skin horrible bumps all over but dont really get the cystic type ( I did when I was younger but Diannette pill seems to have got rid of that finally) I am just worried about that coming back. Also worried about the depression side of the tablet?

Any help and advice appreciated :-)

Katie :-) xxx

I didnt experience a intial breakout. Acne was terrible to begin with so couldnt get any worse. Side effects are over hyped. Dont sweat it. You'll have dry lips,hands,arms & dry eyes at times. Just lotion up and put eye drops in as needed. Thats it nothing to worry about. Yes, other side effects do exist but majority of ppl. don't get them. And higher your dose of course more side effects.

I just started Accutane again yesterday. I haven't been on it for 4-5 years, and initial breakout did suck as far I could remember. It was worth it in the end, but just avoid the mirror for now haha!

I'm nervous for my IB too... I haven't started accutane yet but I am dreading the IB...

Anyways kind of off topic but oh well....

If I am getting my bloodwork done tomorrow how long will it take until I can get my prescription? They'll have to send the results from a Lab in Utah to Washington since I am out of state at school. I just want to get started already.

Not everyone experiences an initial breakout. It may get a little worse before it gets better though. As long as you're not taking a huge dose you shouldn't have any real terrible flare ups. Some break outs are likely but don't expect results right away. I think only 25% only experience real initial breakouts.

I'm nervous for my IB too... I haven't started accutane yet but I am dreading the IB...

If I am getting my bloodwork done tomorrow how long will it take until I can get my prescription? They'll have to send the results from a Lab in Utah to Washington since I am out of state at school. I just want to get started already.

I have to wait till next monday for my blood test grrr :-( im the same , I JUST want to get started aswell sick of waiting around, and just looking at some of the before and after pics on here and hearing how good this drug is at clearing it all up is getting exciting lol!! i just wanna get rid of this awful problem for good!!

Good luck with it all!!

xx

I think I had an IB for the first 4 months of my course. :lol: But you will get through it and things will be much better afterwards. The pain is most definitely worth the gain.

I have to wait till next monday for my blood test grrr :-( im the same , I JUST want to get started aswell sick of waiting around, and just looking at some of the before and after pics on here and hearing how good this drug is at clearing it all up is getting exciting lol!! i just wanna get rid of this awful problem for good!!

Good luck with it all!!

xx

Took my first accutane pill today. My derm said that my current acne will become mroe obvious and red, and i might get a few more. He gave me some anti biotics (first tiem ive ever had them) to control that. I hope to god it works, im starting at a n ew school in just over a week.