Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mikaela1214

Depressed scars after 100% TCA cross method

I just applied 100% TCA cross on my face last Jan. 2 and i only used toothpick dipped in the solution and filled large pores and some scars... but after the scabs fell off, the areas treated were more indent and bigger than they were originally...up to now, they are still red and still indent...It's almost one month and I could not even apply concealer because they are more noticeable..I could not go out just because of this....if the areas are still red, does this mean that the collagen are still building up and scar still in the process of healing? what can i do to speed up healing a little bit (help raise scars as well while healing) and get rid of redness? I feel so frustrated..I just feel that i damaged my skin...I have been applying moisturizers, mederma and ice compress...been drinking tomato juice, vitamin c, e and multivitamins thinking they might help heal it....I thought tca was supposed to help raise scars...and i did not expect healing would take this long.....Hope you can help me...what do you think about snail cream and emu oil?

just chill out. the redness means your body is still laying down collagen. 100% is strong stuff and it takes time, sometimes months for the redness to diminish. it also takes MULTIPLE treatments, not ONE to see results. you shouldnt do another treatment for atleast 6 weeks. and i dont like to have it done again until all of the redness has resolved. i also dont recommend anyone do this themselves.

I just applied 100% TCA cross on my face last Jan. 2 and i only used toothpick dipped in the solution and filled large pores and some scars... but after the scabs fell off, the areas treated were more indent and bigger than they were originally...up to now, they are still red and still indent...It's almost one month and I could not even apply concealer because they are more noticeable..I could not go out just because of this....if the areas are still red, does this mean that the collagen are still building up and scar still in the process of healing? what can i do to speed up healing a little bit (help raise scars as well while healing) and get rid of redness? I feel so frustrated..I just feel that i damaged my skin...I have been applying moisturizers, mederma and ice compress...been drinking tomato juice, vitamin c, e and multivitamins thinking they might help heal it....I thought tca was supposed to help raise scars...and i did not expect healing would take this long.....Hope you can help me...what do you think about snail cream and emu oil?

If it's still red, it's still healing. I don't recommend doing it every 6 weeks. I say, wait 3 months.

Also, it really helps if you put cp's serum daily after the scabs fall and Emu on top.

there are people on here who have had good success doing it THEMSELVES.

however if u feel u dont have skills or the bottle to do it yourself then u should get it done professionally like me lol

O and i think u should just wait till redness goes down cos i was like that but got some good advice frm on here it takes time for the skin to build up the collagen

i m using super copper serum for after the scabs falling off.

Hi Mikaela,

First, you must try and calm down. This stress will only serve as a detrimental setback on your healing ability. Yes, your skin is still healing and it will be in that stage for few months actually as it is recovering from this treatment. I know it's difficult, but please try to force yourself to think about other things in your life.

You may purchase CP serum here: http://www.skinbio.com/quickacnescars.html

It claims to help with healing and improve some scars. Please, keep in mind that while a lot of people seem to have positive results with the CP, these claims are not totally scientifically supported.

As far as fading the redness, you may want to look into the red marks section of the forum. They have a lot of good advice. For me personally, applying a toner mixture composed of vinegar, lemon and water once or twice a day seems to help out a lot when it comes to my redmarks fading quickly.

Hi Mikaela,

First, you must try and calm down. This stress will only serve as a detrimental setback on your healing ability. Yes, your skin is still healing and it will be in that stage for few months actually as it is recovering from this treatment. I know it's difficult, but please try to force yourself to think about other things in your life.

You may purchase CP serum here: http://www.skinbio.com/quickacnescars.html

It claims to help with healing and improve some scars. Please, keep in mind that while a lot of people seem to have positive results with the CP, these claims are not totally scientifically supported.

As far as fading the redness, you may want to look into the red marks section of the forum. They have a lot of good advice. For me personally, applying a toner mixture composed of vinegar, lemon and water once or twice a day seems to help out a lot when it comes to my redmarks fading quickly.

I've heard more bad stories than good stories with 100% TCA. Some have had success, but most haven't. You should maybe try 50% or 65% next time and compare the results (but wait at least three months, if not more). An Essential Fatty Acid supplement (fish oil or flax seed oil) is another good thing to use for skin repair--take two or three capsules with each meal.

Retin-A is elevating my shallow scars. I use the .05% cream but will move to the .1% in a few months. Too many people dismiss it because they use it for a few months and give up. You have to stay on it for a year or two to really see what it can do. It won't work miracles on deep scars, but it will help with collagen formation and should, at minimum, soften the damage.

I've heard more bad stories than good stories with 100% TCA. Some have had success, but most haven't. You should maybe try 50% or 65% next time and compare the results (but wait at least three months, if not more). An Essential Fatty Acid supplement (fish oil or flax seed oil) is another good thing to use for skin repair--take two or three capsules with each meal.

Retin-A is elevating my shallow scars. I use the .05% cream but will move to the .1% in a few months. Too many people dismiss it because they use it for a few months and give up. You have to stay on it for a year or two to really see what it can do. It won't work miracles on deep scars, but it will help with collagen formation and should, at minimum, soften the damage.

You can use an Essential Fatty Acid (EFA) supplement topically, but it's better if you ingest it. Its benefits are numerous.

If it's been a month since your TCA CROSS, and there are no remaining scabs or sore spots, it might be safe to begin Retin-A treatment. But please speak with a physician. I can't see your skin, and I'm not an expert.

Vitamin A cream isn't as effective as Retin-A.

Thanks Robert,

Can I start using retin a---or I have a vitamin A cream here---at hsi point or should I let the redness go away? for the fish or flax seed oil, can i use it topically? other have advised cutting the Vitamin E capsule and applying it topically... Yes, I realized I should have used at least 50% TCA peel first..but I did some research and most of them stated that for deep cross method , it has to be 100% to be effective for deep scars or large pores..

Don't get too worried or upset. I've used 100% TCA on large pits and when it burns down the pit the pit appears larger at first. Think about it. The circumverance of the pit is larger as it goes down. You've burned off a few layers an now it's a little larger. The good news is the collegen will continue building up filling in the pit. I crossed one set of pits 5 times (2 to 3 months apart). Each time the pist got more and more shallow. Hang in there and realized you may have to do 2 or 3 more applications. It takes time.

Please Don't panic about the depressed scars after 100% tca. This happened to me also. What you want to do is to put hydrogen peroxide on the scars at least two times a day. This will make the scar tissue heal. It will get a scab but try to keep the scab on as long as possible, when the scab falls off, hit it again with the hydrogen peroxide until healed. It worked for me and I had a huge depressed hole in my chin after 100 % tca treatment, now it is hardly noticeable.

Please Don't panic about the depressed scars after 100% tca. This happened to me also. What you want to do is to put hydrogen peroxide on the scars at least two times a day. This will make the scar tissue heal. It will get a scab but try to keep the scab on as long as possible, when the scab falls off, hit it again with the hydrogen peroxide until healed. It worked for me and I had a huge depressed hole in my chin after 100 % tca treatment, now it is hardly noticeable.

Don't panic, it will take some time but I had the same experience. In my case, I did not follow the directions exactly, used a toothpick wrapped with cotton on it, and left it on longer than I should have. My provider of products uses milder products so I figured this a mild product also. Boy I was sadly wrong. I had an indent that was approximately 75% the size of a dime!!! I thought, Oh man, what have I done. I had an icepick scar and now have a huge indent. Others may disagree with me but this is what helped me with the healing: Neo. After completely healing, it has taken more TCA cross treatments to try to undo the damage I caused. That was approximately 6 months months and now it is almost gone. Please don't let that depress you but it is going to take time as anything does in scar revision.

My method for healing my scar was hydrogen peroxide and plenty of it. I would dab it on the scars two to three times a day. try to make the scar obtain a scab by drying it out. keep the scab on as long as possible without picking at it. Just regular hydrogen peroxide will do from a local drug store. If you put moisturizer or emu oil on the scab you are defeating the purpose of drying out the scar and forming a scab. No oil or neosporin for me. I tried that and it did not work. some people have great sucess with oils and moisturizer but I never did. I also use hydrogen peroxide on my tca scar treatment right after treatment. It helps with building the scab. If the scars are real old you might have to go back into it with a very fine pin, something to cause it to bleed just a little, then hit it with the hydrogen P. so a scab will form. you can experiment on some small scars that are not as noticable or in discreet places to see what works for you. good luck.

My method for healing my scar was hydrogen peroxide and plenty of it. I would dab it on the scars two to three times a day. try to make the scar obtain a scab by drying it out. keep the scab on as long as possible without picking at it. Just regular hydrogen peroxide will do from a local drug store. If you put moisturizer or emu oil on the scab you are defeating the purpose of drying out the scar and forming a scab. No oil or neosporin for me. I tried that and it did not work. some people have great sucess with oils and moisturizer but I never did. I also use hydrogen peroxide on my tca scar treatment right after treatment. It helps with building the scab. If the scars are real old you might have to go back into it with a very fine pin, something to cause it to bleed just a little, then hit it with the hydrogen P. so a scab will form. you can experiment on some small scars that are not as noticable or in discreet places to see what works for you. good luck.

Take a Q-tip and dab the scars with hydrogen P. Try to get the scar to form a scab by using the hp. If the scar forms a scab then healing will begin. If no scab will form you might have to go back into the scar with a very fine needle or pin to break up the tissue and casue it to bleed. Make sure the blood comes right up to the surface of the skin filling the scar. Wait a couple of minutes then dab the scars with hydogen P. Then dry out the scar and add no oils or moisture. keep the scab on as long as possible when the scab falls off hit it again with hp to form another scab, keep the scab on as long as possible, when the scab falls off again try to form another scab. Do this over and over until the scar is gone. The skin in the scar will have a reddish pink color to it because of it being new skin. The reddness will subside in time and your scar should be gone.

EH I think after using 100% TCA that a scab should form over the scars anyway both times i have had it done this has occured then u just leave it for as long as possible!!

wow..ppl recommending hydrogen peroxide on open wounds? if this was 20 years ago, i'd say go for it. it does clean and disinfect(no doubt about that), but recent studies have shown that it harms and destroys healthy skin cells--not what you'd want to be doing in this case. there may be conflicting reports but i'd do a thorough search b4 taking someone's advice wholeheartedly.