Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey , i noticed that there's about 3 stages to poppin a whitehead pimple . First theres the white stuff known as puss (which my whitehads have ALOT of) then theres this yellowish color kinda transparent fluid and if you keep squezing you get blood. My question is when do you stop squeezing and whats the yellow stuff? is it bacteria?

Finally... a good before-dinner topic!

Before any blood or lymph (as I think that yellowish fluid is called) comes out, there is also usually a solid mass of dead cells and stuff that gets expelled. I usually don't stop squeezing until that thing comes out. Not that anyone wanted to know...

A solid mass of dead cells? by this do you mean the "puss"? which comes out almost right away with a standard pimple.

Finally some gore! You don't have to squeeze until it bleeds. The way I pop mine is to sterilize a pin and carefully prick the top of the whitehead. This releases the pressure so when you squeeze you don't damage the skin too much. If you do it this way, you will actually see what Son of Ham is talking about because the pus on the surface will come out first, then if you softly just push down on either side of the pimple (don't squeeze inwards) the plug of dead skin cells/dead white blood cells will come out.

Ah ok i see that dead cell stuff , and thats what causes the blocked pore? becus alot came out of mine . I have a question though , is it odd to have 2 whiteheads on 1 zit? or maybe its 2 veyr closely positioned zits i dunno..

Yeah I'd say its more likely two pimples close together but its hard to say without seeing it. What do you use for your acne at the moment?

Um well , one thing about my acne is my whole face is basically clear except my nose , thats where i get all my acne for the mosty part . And at the moment im washing with a Clean&Clear salacylic acid cleanser but im going to see a derm soon so that may change ive also tried pear bar soap and a cleanser with BP .

Try lancets (box of 100 costs about $4-5 at any drugstore) to lightly prick the whitehead. They are sterile and you can just throw them away afterwards.

Try lancets (box of 100 costs about $4-5 at any drugstore) to lightly prick the whitehead. They are sterile and you can just throw them away afterwards.

I've heard that once you pop and blood comes out, it's actually better to squeeze until all that blood has come out. Supposedly, that blood is dirty blood (you'll notice it's usually dark red, this is because of the bacteria and contaminents). Once you've squeezed out most of that dirty blood, gently dab the extracted area with rubbing alcohol to sterilyze. My mom's ben doing this for me and my breakouts have been clearing quick.

When I USED to pop i'd squeeze until blood came out, then I could be sure there's no puss left in the pore. Which causes re-inflamation.

I've heard that once you pop and blood comes out, it's actually better to squeeze until all that blood has come out. Supposedly, that blood is dirty blood (you'll notice it's usually dark red, this is because of the bacteria and contaminents). Once you've squeezed out most of that dirty blood, gently dab the extracted area with rubbing alcohol to sterilyze. My mom's ben doing this for me and my breakouts have been clearing quick.

why the hell would u let ur mom pop ur pimples yucky.. seek help quickly