Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm quite frankly scared of my first derm visit . I REALLY REALLY want to rid my face of acne and stop having fucking assholes stare at my god damned face because they're perfect and don't have to worry about anything. But i've heard so many people say derms are useless and all they do is prescribe stupid useless medications and suck your money , i really want my derm visit to be useful especially since its my first one . Are there any good derm stories out there?

Hey your from TO? , im just north of you in thornhill. All i can say is im really anxious..i cant wait to talk to him or her.

I really wish i knew what type of acne i have , the best i can describe it as is red bumps with no white heads that last for quite a while , they're not really painful though.

if the derm is willing to prescribe you accutane, then theyre a "good" derm. if they try to tell you its outlawed and that they should perform procedures on your face every month (like mine did) then run like youve never run before

I was scared too. They ask you how your acne is on a scale from 1-10 (1 being the worst; 10 being the best).

Then, they will prescribe topicals: Retin-A Micro; Benzaclin; etc. Then, they may prescribe oral medication: doxycycline (sp?); etc. If your acne is moderate to severe, they may consider Accutane.

It won't be so bad once you form a relationship with your Dermatologist. I had been seeing my Dermatologist for over 3 years. She was so great and helpful. But, in December of 2006 she had to transfer to another state.

Best of luck.