Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aeth3

Help! Cactus Pores!

I've read about Cactus Pores in other people's logs, and now I've got 'em!

Every pore has half-purged its gunk, but won't let go, so the stuff is sticking out all over. My nose and chin together look like a teeny tiny cactus.

Makeup makes it look worse. Even my 6-year-old said, "Hold still, Mama, you've got...gunk...on your nose." She couldn't get it off.

So, as everyone's pores seem to go through this stage, please tell me about your experience:

• How long do Cactus Pores last before they finally purge and I move on to the Gaping Pore problem?
  • Any way I can hasten the process? Coax the pores to let go of their junk? Besides sanding them down with 80-grit, I mean.
Thanks much!

Amy

I knowwwww! I HATE putting on makeup with all this crap poking out of my face! Go away already! I'm actually eagerly awaiting gaping pores!

-Emi

(haha, even our names are similar)

Ok, I know this takes a lot of time, but well, I like to pick, and I am impatient as well, when it come to this.

I took tweezers and pulled them all out. From all over my nose, chin and some cheek/forehead stuff. I did over about 2-3 nights and spent probably 30 minute each time. Man, it was so satisfying. Good luck!

Hi Amy!

How long are you on Accutane? I am 39yo and just started my 4th week. I have very oily skin. I'm waiting for it to dry up. Derm is upping my meds to 60mg. Good Luck on the Accutane. Keep in touch

Trish

I've read about Cactus Pores in other people's logs, and now I've got 'em!

Every pore has half-purged its gunk, but won't let go, so the stuff is sticking out all over. My nose and chin together look like a teeny tiny cactus.

Makeup makes it look worse. Even my 6-year-old said, "Hold still, Mama, you've got...gunk...on your nose." She couldn't get it off.

So, as everyone's pores seem to go through this stage, please tell me about your experience:

• How long do Cactus Pores last before they finally purge and I move on to the Gaping Pore problem?
  • Any way I can hasten the process? Coax the pores to let go of their junk? Besides sanding them down with 80-grit, I mean.
Thanks much!

Amy

Foomph, I BET that was satisfying! My...spines?... are too small to grab with tweezers. I wonder if this is because my skin was so dry to begin with? I wonder if I need better tweezers? ;)

Trish, I'm in my third week, but it FEELS like forever! I've definitely seen a lot of change in my skin and a little improvement...and then this!

Been13years, gosh I hope you haven't had cactus pores for 13 years! ;) I've heard that the pores do eventually just purge, but do you remember how long that took for you? I'm wondering what to do in the meantime, as I have to put on the "client face" Monday. No one wants to see an intranet article titled, "My Consultant Is a Cactus!"

I have the same problem. I've been on Accutane for about two weeks.

I tried pulling them out with tweezers as well, but my tweezers aren't very good so I haven't had any luck with that.

It may be satisfying to do it, but it's really best not to pick, even with tweezers. For most people, it takes a couple weeks for the stuff to push out and fall off.

wow, i've been on accutane twice and i never had this experience. have you tried just exfoliating your face really well when you're in the shower? if i don't do this, i get lots of flakey skin built up on my face.