Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Duckie

Are these hypertrophic scars?

Posted

I've had these on my chest for a few years now. I had pretty bad acne in high school and I took one course of Accutane over 5 years ago. The bumps on my chest just seemed to appear out of nowhere. For awhile I thought they were very hard acnes and tried to squeeze it. Bad idea. I came across this forum and found out about hypertrophic scars. I'm wondering if that's what the bumps on my chest are. I'm probably going to be seeing a dermatologist soon and I would like to do some research on possible treatments before scheduling an appointment. I'm hoping the bumps can be flattened and the redness will go away. I want to be able to wear low cut tops when I go to a nice restaurant or a club and I can't do that right now with all those nasty bumps. Even at work I have to button my shirts all the way to the top or my bumps will show. People always ask me why I cover up my chest and they think I'm really conservative. Well if they saw my chest they would probably be disgusted.

Sorry about the icky pictures. Besides acne, I think I might also have a mild form of hirsutism (which could be related to my acne; the increased level of male hormones/testosterone, etc.). My camera also has a very high resolution and takes very detailed pictures. :redface:

448518125vf.jpg410370955ac.jpg

Close-ups:

226735812um.jpg320921680ae.jpg418780012ow.jpg

This one is on my upper arm near the shoulder:

497229051hz.jpg

I think I also used to have a very big one in my earlobe. For the longest time I couldn't figure out what it was but now I realize it was probably a scar.

Posted

I hear ya 100%. I have two of em on my chest, dead center...and about ten on each shoulder...not fair, not attractive, fucking impossible to get rid of...

I am so sorry that it happened to you as well.

Posted

O, those are raised scars. But you can definately flatten them completely and make them less red with a cortisone shot.

Posted

Meh, I got cortisone shots...did very little....what did the most to flatten them was using wart remover...which hurt like hell and looked bad for awhile, but once it all healed they were noticeably flatter...

Posted

What kind of wart remover??

Posted

I just got a generic Walmart brand. It hurts like hell while it's drying, then it get itchy but just let it do its thing. Once the stuff peels off, your scar looks like it's been burned. Then that layer will peel off. My scars eventually got smoother and flatter. Not great, but it's something. And not on all of them, but most.

Posted

Was it the kind of wart remover that has salicylic acid in it?? What percentage?

Posted
I've had these on my chest for a few years now. I had pretty bad acne in high school and I took one course of Accutane over 5 years ago. The bumps on my chest just seemed to appear out of nowhere. For awhile I thought they were very hard acnes and tried to squeeze it. Bad idea. I came across this forum and found out about hypertrophic scars. I'm wondering if that's what the bumps on my chest are. I'm probably going to be seeing a dermatologist soon and I would like to do some research on possible treatments before scheduling an appointment. I'm hoping the bumps can be flattened and the redness will go away. I want to be able to wear low cut tops when I go to a nice restaurant or a club and I can't do that right now with all those nasty bumps. Even at work I have to button my shirts all the way to the top or my bumps will show. People always ask me why I cover up my chest and they think I'm really conservative. Well if they saw my chest they would probably be disgusted.

Sorry about the icky pictures. Besides acne, I think I might also have a mild form of hirsutism (which could be related to my acne; the increased level of male hormones/testosterone, etc.). My camera also has a very high resolution and takes very detailed pictures. :redface:

I don't remember if mine were so red as yours, but I'm loaded with white, light pink hypertrophic scars on my chest, shoulders and back. And, just like you, I'm confined to wearing clothing that covers me up. I've had these scars for 40 years. I'm currently trying laser treatments (pixel) and I've already had heavy-duty TCA peels done at the dermatologist's office, but so far there's been no change-at least I can't notice a change. One thing I can say so far about the laser treatments is that the scars are not shiny anymore. People that have clear skin have no idea what we've all gone through, physically and mentally. Take care.

448518125vf.jpg410370955ac.jpg

Close-ups:

226735812um.jpg320921680ae.jpg418780012ow.jpg

This one is on my upper arm near the shoulder:

497229051hz.jpg

I think I also used to have a very big one in my earlobe. For the longest time I couldn't figure out what it was but now I realize it was probably a scar.