Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Breal76

Blotting papers

What name brand do you use?

I was decided to give these a try. The only kind I could find was Clean & Clear at Walgreens, but then I saw Walgreens were a dollar cheaper so I got those.

I tried one when I got home, the blue paper turned clear. That was weird and yet neat all at the same time. Anyway just want to know if there is a better one out there.

I like ELF's blotting sheets. They work the same... and its either 50 or 100 for 1 buck. Plus, it doesnt look as gross as the clean and clear ones lol

lol, i used to use these things. i got sick satisfaction out of seeing the area where the oil got soaked up. eventually i became cheap though, and just resorted to a light dusting of powder to hide my gloss.

here's a recent thread all about shine & blotting papers. i use boscia (here's my post about that), which i love.

i don't like clean & clear b/c there's mineral oil in them. also, i don't like having a powder on the blotter sheet. i prefer to apply powder separately -- more control.

lol, i just remembered that i one read that if you forgot your blotting sheets at home and youre feeling thrifty, the sanitary toilet seat covers will also do the trick :lol:

i use the Clean & Clear kind right now..but i used to use the Mary Kay ones.. i like the Mary Kay ones b/c they are way bigger than CLean & Clears!!

i use body shop blotters

they have ones with powder- talc and kaolin clay- i hate those

and tea tree oil ones- i hate those

and plain nice ones and i love those :P

i use the Clean & Clear kind right now..but i used to use the Mary Kay ones.. i like the Mary Kay ones b/c they are way bigger than CLean & Clears!!

I like ELF's blotting sheets. They work the same... and its either 50 or 100 for 1 buck. Plus, it doesnt look as gross as the clean and clear ones lol

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

Those brown paper towels or the brown napkins at restuarants and fast food places are awesome. I actually took some out of my school's bathroom and put them in my purse.

i use shiseido blotting papers. only because they are so hard to find here... but they are very good at blotting and not taking the makeup off with the oil.

don't they just smear your make up off though? I've never used them.

Mary Kay. none of that funky white residue and they are affordable.

hey Ami... how do you buy yours? do you have a rep come to your house? how's it work?

hey Ami... how do you buy yours? do you have a rep come to your house? how's it work?

Hey C.D - what you can do is go to the MK site and they'll be a link to find a rep in your area. Find one and either call or email. They will either come to your house or send them to you in the mail. I love the shades and reps of MK but my skin doesn't tolerate many of their products..but I have been using the blotting sheets for years and years.