Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chacham

Embedding Video Into Posts

Would it be possible to somehow modify the boards to be able to insert video sources, such as YouTube, into posts? I think this would be a great idea, since it will enhance the boards tremendously. People, especially in the lounge, like to share humorous videos they find on the internet, and it's bothersome to have to make a jump through the posted link. I think everyone will agree that this will be an convenient upgrade. Thank you.

Chacham

I really want to make the whole site video-rific.

I'll check with Joel about this and I'll also check with our host to see what will happen with bandwidth.

Unless the videos were hosted elsewhere then the bandwidth would go through the roof and not justified in the least, if they're hosted elsewhere and the feature just allows you to embed external videos then it wouldn't effect the sites bandwidth.

IMO it's not a very important feature to add to the site, click the link and watch it on youtube ;)

it won't lag people, as you dont have to click the "play" button unless you don't want to.

YouTube's embedded video's don't auto-start.

I really want to make the whole site video-rific.

I'll check with Joel about this and I'll also check with our host to see what will happen with bandwidth.

i agree with the above post, i don't see how bandwidth will go up as youtube host the files on their servers.

If open up this type of option to members, you'll eventually open a vulnerability to the forum.

1) Being that someone may post an adult video

2) Being a security concern, there are ways to crash the thread with Flash player and other HTML scripting (One of the reasons why Myspace can leave a PC limping)

3) People will begin spamming.

If open up this type of option to members, you'll eventually open a vulnerability to the forum.

1) Being that someone may post an adult video

2) Being a security concern, there are ways to crash the thread with Flash player and other HTML scripting (One of the reasons why Myspace can leave a PC limping)

3) People will begin spamming.