Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JayC

My finished Accutane Journal....pics added.

lol you guys are jokes.

According to my derm it takes longer for redmarks to dissapear when on accutane compared to when off it. Mainly because during accutane more blood is rushed to the surface of ur skin.

hey Jay, if all goes as planned, my last day will be May 11.

But right now Im trying to figure out if I should be taking a dosage which I split in half (dose in morning and dose in night)

sup avgjoe (btw my sister was watching avg joe, the other day. this season is jokes - i felt like real gay fuck saying that, but its true!)

i start 80mg on the 31st and im gonna take them both in the morning with my toast, jam and milk!

I went to see my derm last week, she gave me the leaflets etc on accutane, and said that i should arrange a blood test. Anyway, after I read over the side effects, I decided not to go on accutane. Not because I was scared, but because of my girlfriend. My only acne that bothers me is my facial acne, but my back acne is a hundred times worse. I usually only get like one or two pimples every week, and the odd cyst on my face, so it doesn't really bother me at all. Then this morning, i woke up, and I had a spot on my chin, one that merges with my lip, and a huge red mark that hurts like hell near my nose (i think its going to turn into a cyst).

Anyway, I'm going for the bloodtest on monday, as I'm not putting up with my face looking like crap, i get really depressed over it, I don't mean to sound gay. Accutane doesn't scare me at all, the only thing i'm worried about is the breakouts when on it, those are going to be hell. Also my derm has put me on 60mg a day, but after reading up on it, i think i'll start low, maybe on 20mg for the first week, 40mg for the second, and 60mg for the rest of the course.

Good look with your progress JayC, and I hope mine goes as well as yours and other peoples has too. I'll probably start a thread like this when I start my accutane course.

Hey man,

Well you have made the right decision by taking accutane. I have heard that it has helped lots of people with the acne located on there back. Mostly because topicals arnt as effective. You might be as lucky as i was and not break out really bad, like some people on here this message board. Your derm is smart like mine, starting of low and then gettin higher. Doing this will almost guarantee you wont break out as bad, because its allowing ur body to slowly adjust.

Paitence is the key when on accutane. You will be clear.

Take Care and keep us posted.

Hey man,

Your derm is smart like mine, starting of low and then gettin higher. Doing this will almost guarantee you wont break out as bad, because its allowing ur body to slowly adjust.

Skunk,

Ye u were right about the dosage. He was given 60 mg to start. Atleast AnonCarl knows to start up slowly. Cause if he doesnt, hes gonna wake up one morning looking like a monster.

And about girlfriends. I was dating a girl 4 months ago but i broke it off with her. I didnt want her too see my like this, and most of all i felt really uncomfotable going places with her. She knew what was wrong with me. She isnt dating anyone right now because she still wants us to be together - so its like where taking a huge break until im comfortable again. Im doing this for myself. Im one of those guys, who gets acne once in there life and gets hit really fucking bad. So its really hard for me to deal with, meaning im always indoors.

I know people are gonna reply to this, and be like well if she cares for you, you shouldnt have to ditch her. Its not like that. The decision was completly mine. acne is a mother fucker.

I totally understand you man,

i haven't left my house in like over a month..lol..

as you said i am doing this for myself aswell....

I only leave my house if i really have too...but i cover my face with a scarf....

I went to get my photo taken to renew my medicare card, man i was not wanting to go. In the pharmaphy is soo bright, thank god they didn't have a camera, so i went to another place..anyway i took my scarf of and the guy lookked at my face..i did not like that...;-(

Stopped working at my job, stopped goin to the gym..everyhting, i do shit all fuckin day... !!!!!

i know it's bad to put your life on hold but, hey....i'm not going out feeling so self -consious.

It was wierd last night before i went to bed i washed my face and felt all these tiny bumps..

i woke up this morning to take a shower and as i was washing my face , i felt those tiny bumps come off, starnge...

i've been Accutnae for only 3 days now, it 's kinda making my face feel gressy or even oily....that normal in the beginning ?

These are pic before accutane, i was taken Doxcin and BP 10%, it jsut made it worse:

user posted image

user posted image

this is a pci of when i have normal skin during the summer.

user posted image

All my pimples have gone, i jsut have alot of blemishes, will the accutane get that out too ?

dont worry man accutane will clear us up, until then we will hibernate.

My face wasnt like yours. I probably had half of what you had. But i had a couple big cysts. Thank god ur on accutane now, cause BP cant not help ur conidition.

Im not too sure about the greasyness part, because i was born with very dry skin. My acne was caused by stress and depression. I had alot of personal issues besides acne. Where as most people have oily skin.

Montreal-ndg, back in school my face was ALOT worse than that, but back then it didnt really bother me, life was alla bout having a laugh, i didnt care how i looked basically, but nowadays, EVERYTHING is based on how you look.

Anyway, as for my girlfriend, I'm going to talk it over with her, and if she understands everything, then i'll keep seeing her, which will probably happen. I'm definetly going to take accutane, even though my cheeks are 100% clear. If i had a camera, i'd take a picture, and you people would think I was insane going on accutane. But, if theres a chance i'll have completely clear skin, i'm going to take it, over the past week or so, i've gotten like, 2 of those huge red things that form a pus filled white thing after a few days, and about 4 pimples, thats alot considering I hadn't had any for a few weeks, oh well, accutane here I come. Blood test on monday tongue.gif

f__kin right i'm gonna hibernate.

I to only started to get pimples of depression, broke up with my ex of 5 yrs....

but that was years ago.....

anyway, i have normally dry skin aswell.....jsut when i started this accutane my skin feels abit greesy and oily..

Dude go out with friends and such. My friends and I go and screw around all the time, like jackass stuff. I dont even think about girls or acne when I am doing it. Also, get a hobby. I usually play Counter Strike or read booking on theoretical physics when I am not out.

Oh don't get me wrong i still go to my frineds hosue but beside goin out clubbing and hitting the gym>

I also play counter-strike ...also do my exerices at home, with my wieghts here..sooooo...jsut not the same, but keepin gmyself busy.

Montreal-ndg:: First off all i guess you can consider my life heaven. I go to sleep at 4am. I get up at 1PM. I then pump weights for about an hour. Then ill watch a movie on my satelite. I then leave the house and go to my garage to work on my car. Then i come on the computer and play NFS underground for about 2 hours. Then watch TV for a bit and hit the computer again.

It may seem sheltered, but in my opinion its fucking great. Cheap, easy living is A OKAY for me.

matangeles:: Man i honestly am gonna knock on wood as i write this. My face is doing so good. I havent got a single zit in 2 weeks. All i have are redmarks. Like accutane is really working for me. I love it. The best part about staying home, is you dont look in the mirror soo much - cause ur not going out or anything. So after about 2 weeks, you look in the mirror and your like "JESUS - this is fucking great". I hope all u accutane users, will be like this soon. Cause it honestly feels great.

Hey JAyC, how u doing ?

I was wondering if you "ice" your face, i heard this is good, but i really don't knwo what it does for you ..?

do you know ?

Sorry to ask soo many question but i would like to know in the beginning of your treatment, like yorur first week..

..did u get alot of whitheads poping up ?

I'ts only my 5th day that i've been on it and it seems like i'm getting abit more pimples..this common, can it be my "initial breakout" ?

Sup Montreal,

Im doing good. Still no zits on my face.

When i had that huge peanut size cyst on my cheeck i did try ice and yes it did help i think, to bring it down. However, i only did it for 2 days so i dont know if it was the accutane or the ice. If i were you, i wouldnt try it. Just let accutane do everything for you. Patience is they key with Accutane, you will begin to learn that soon.

I used to get an average of 4 white heads per week. Like the big fat white ones. But when i washed my face they would instantly open up - cause my skin was very fragile.

Yes it is common to get more acne in the first couple weeks because ur body is adjusting to the accutane. I honestly dont believe i had a initial breakout cause for some people its really serious. Like waking up one morning with like 12 on there face. I never had to deal with that. Hopefully you wont either.