Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ltmike

cyst prone areas

do you guys have ceratin areas where cysts just won't go away? For me it is on the back of my jawline on both sides. Is there anythink I can do to make this area less cyst vulnerable? thanks.

My area is between the eyebrows, jawline (left and right), and very rarely my temples. I don't know how to prevent them from forming in that area, but since they are deep under the skin i think the only way to prevent them is fighting them from the inside out of your body.

My cheeks....and I mean my face!

My nose. And on the part behind the eyes. And my forehead. It's usually occasional but I get them REALLY big, and trust me, having a big cyst on the nose, added to the redmarks and few spots on the rest of the face is worst than any severe acne in my opinion. And I've got a freaking big on the nose right now. I'm doomed.

do you guys have ceratin areas where cysts just won't go away? For me it is on the back of my jawline on both sides. Is there anythink I can do to make this area less cyst vulnerable? thanks.

My cysts always congregated on the right side of my face. Never the left. Not that I wanted them there either, but I just thought that was strange. ;) But I've been clear since October!

My cysts have always formed on my jaw line. Very painful, and huge! to the point where I started having a man's jaw.

Sometimes they spread to my neck... or behind my ear...

My treatment went everywhere.. in 15 years it ranged from antibiotics, creams, gels, proactive, murad, more creams, liquids...and the latest...

ACUPUNCTURE!

I went to see an acupuncturist who believed that the "infection" on the inside NEEDED to come OUT!

therefore, she proceeded to poke me with needles and then use her FINGERS to SQUEEZE ...

for all of you with cystic acne you know how BAD even the slightest touch can hurt...

I sat through 2 treaments... cried both times .. no anesthetic.. just me, and a squeeze ball...

and the doc... my next appointment is on Monday.. I think I'm going to cancel.

They sure did heal faster with the accupuncture, but was it worth the pain?

So today, I signed up for Accutane.

if all goes well, I should be starting meds in one month.

I'm very scared though.

very.

Ive been on accutane for 2 months now, and so far so good. The side effects are very manageable and I think my face is improving a little. Still 3 months to go and I'm confident it will clear me. Good luck with your accutane TucsonDixie!

Great Link Strawberries!

Very cool!

The Acupunturist told me about my "stomach" and to drink lots of water...

to not eat peanuts..

and not drink coffee.

No Coffee?????? booooo

But thanks for sharing!