Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gushi21

How about just using a dove bar?

I am ready to give up and throw out all of my acne meds, I have been on various prescriptions for 3 years now and while they have worked somewhat, in a way i feel like they have made my skin worse and don't solve the problem. Of course I have also tried a billion over the counter medication. I have heard of people on this board and in real life having great success with a simple regime of just washing their face with a dove beauty bar, (which is not considered soap) Long time ago , that is what people used to use and acne was not much of a problem. Any comments, advice, or opinions would be great.

I gave up using acne products around two months ago. I started using just Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser every morning/night and shaving every fourth day. I broke out at the beginning, as usual, but then my skin started to imrpove. Then it kind of plateaued, so I went looking for something better. I stumbled upon this: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=28639 and have been doing it since, because I had sensitive, oily skin like the guy in the post. I wash my face once every two days using only water. I shower every day without getting my head wet (I run my wet fingers through my hair to get the bed-head gone hehe) and shave every fourth day with an electric razor. My two cents: you might be better off just using water than soap, think about it. And read through that thread too, it's a good one.

I gave up using acne products around two months ago. I started using just Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser every morning/night and shaving every fourth day. I broke out at the beginning, as usual, but then my skin started to imrpove. Then it kind of plateaued, so I went looking for something better. I stumbled upon this: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=28639 and have been doing it since, because I had sensitive, oily skin like the guy in the post. I wash my face once every two days using only water. I shower every day without getting my head wet (I run my wet fingers through my hair to get the bed-head gone hehe) and shave every fourth day with an electric razor. My two cents: you might be better off just using water than soap, think about it. And read through that thread too, it's a good one.

Thanks so much for you input!!! I think I 'll give it a try!

I just brought some dove cleansing towlets that cleanse+tone+mosturise............but they contain miniral oil......would that clog pores?

Any bar soap is supposed to be worse than liquid, because the ingredients that make it solid are not good for your skin. You might want to try using a simple liquid cleanser like Purpose instead.

gushi21, I know what you mean. It is very frustrating when you waste all this money in a drug store, such as Walgreens and then it doesnt even work. I have tried like five different cleansers in the past ten months and only one of them worked. I have mentioned this on other parts of the boards. It may work for you and it may not but you may want to try AcneFree.

Any bar soap is supposed to be worse than liquid, because the ingredients that make it solid are not good for your skin. You might want to try using a simple liquid cleanser like Purpose instead.

or you could try purpose which has a good reputation on this site.