Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Meera

Scar treatment on a budget - pls help a newbie

Hi everyone, I have been lurking on this board for three weeks, and the amount of information is AWESOME. I hope some of you scar-gurus will have some suggestions for me

I have recurring mild acne and some orange peel/rolling scars marks from acne-gone-by, mostly on my left cheek. I guess I would classify it as somewhere between mild and moderate. I read the FAQ and the thousands of posts on this board (have been reading obsessively for the past 3 weeks), and I am over-whelmed with info. ](*,)

So here's my question - as a scar newbie on a limited budget (recently unemployed), what order should I try these treatments for effectiveness? I have recently started using 10% mandelic acid serum. It has faded red/brown marks quite a bit, but has no effect on indentations. I probably cannot afford lasers (or will feel too guilty about spending the money on it). On the positive side, I have unlimited amounts of time for poking around with my skin, and except for rare interview days, I dont mind peeling or looking like a lizard lady. I am south Asian with darkish skin that hyper-pigments really easily - I swear if I sneeze too loud, I get a dark spot!

So, to cut my rambling short - in what order should I try treatments? Should I try aggressive peels (lactic, maybe?) Micro-dermabrasion? My friend swears by this microdermabrasion cloth she bought off eBay. Needling? The thought of needling makes me queasy, but I guess I could try it. TCA/Cross? If some of you experts were starting over, what order would you do these treatments?

Hi everyone, I have been lurking on this board for three weeks, and the amount of information is AWESOME.  I hope some of you scar-gurus will have some suggestions for me

I have recurring mild acne and some orange peel/rolling scars marks from acne-gone-by, mostly on my left cheek. I guess I would classify it as somewhere between mild and moderate. I read the FAQ and the thousands of posts on this board (have been reading obsessively for the past 3 weeks), and I am over-whelmed with info.  ](*,) 

So here's my question - as a scar newbie on a limited budget (recently unemployed), what order should I try these treatments for effectiveness? I have recently started using 10% mandelic acid serum. It has faded red/brown marks quite a bit, but has no effect on indentations. I probably cannot afford lasers (or will feel too guilty about spending the money on it). On the positive side, I have unlimited amounts of time for poking around with my skin, and except for rare interview days, I dont mind peeling or looking like a lizard lady. I am south Asian with darkish skin that hyper-pigments really easily - I swear if I sneeze too loud, I get a dark spot!

So, to cut my rambling short - in what order should I try treatments? Should I try aggressive peels (lactic, maybe?) Micro-dermabrasion? My friend swears by this microdermabrasion cloth she bought off eBay. Needling? The thought of needling makes me queasy, but I guess I could try it. TCA/Cross? If some of you experts were starting over, what order would you do these treatments?