Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sharp

my regimen + vita k log

Well i just got off minocycline and the same thing happend to me this time as the other 3 tims ive taken minocycline with a topical gel, as soon as i go off treatment my face clears up alot more then when iw as actually on the minocycline, however after a few months of not taking it I always end up breaking out again. This is where I'm at now, I'm starting to breakout now, but I'm starting Dan's regimen to help me out instead of just letting my face breakout like i did the past 3 times.

I'm makign this log more for myself than to help other people since there are a millioin regimen logs on this board, but i know if i make this log that I'll keep on the regimen and will evaluate my progress.

My derm has accutane waiting for me but with all the side effects I don't want to take it unless this doesn't work. I'm hoping this regimen will prevent breakouts, and continue to clear my face up.

my regimen is just dans regimen but instead of moisturizer im going to use Vita-K for red marks

Pre-Regimen :

I just started getting pimples again after a good two months of barely any zits and red marks fading. I have alot of faded red marks all over my face, and my left cheek just broke out with about 5 pimples. I see the begining of a breakout on the right side ( 1 pimple, little bumps) , which is why I'm starting the regimen so i can clear it up before it becomes noticeable. One big pimple on my forehead that's been there for about 2 weeks and is going away now.

Week 1 : 11/25/03

So far so good. After a week of doing the regimen, I've only had two pimples form around the left side of my mouth and the bp has helped to hold them off from becoming full grown, however they are noticeable. My entire face seems to have a very light pinkish tint i guess from the bp. The pimples on the left side of my chin have turned into flat faded redmarks, and the single pimple on my forehead has faded considerably, althought it is still noticeable. The vita k seems to be fading my current red marks which is also a good sign. My only problem is the vita K, which im using a moisturizer, makes my face look very greesy and wet after i apply it so i dont go out for atleast an hour after i apply it. This week I will try using a smaller portion of vita K.

Week 2 : 12/3/03

Well a day after my last post those two small pimples on the left side of my mouth turned into about five. Now, a week later they have already gone through the process that most of my zits go through and turned into a red mark and faded for the most part. I'm just hoping every pimple i get isn't going to be turned into a red mark by the bp cuz my red marks last atleast 10 months. Anyway, i been getting a few bad pimples around my mouth and cheeks and chin, id say prolly 5-7 pimples, and the red marks are still being faded by the vita K but still not gone.

So far nothing spectacular from this regimen just a few more red marks and a few more pimples than before i started, but who knows what my face would be if i wasnt using this regimen. I'll give it atleast a month like dan recommend's before i start looking for another regimen or going to my derm for accutane which he has saved for me in his fridge.

Week 3 : 12/8/03 Monday

Unfortunately my dad passed away last tuesday night and I haven't been doing the regimen at all for the past week. I don't think anyone is really reading this anyway so I'm just going to keep going with it so I can track my results. Starting tonight I'll be back on the vita k/bp regimen.

Anyway, I thought i got through the week with just a few huge pimples around my mouth and chin then i looked at my face before making this post and i have a million bumps on the right side of my jawline so hopefully I'll be able to stop it before it gets out of hand. No zits anywehre else at all on my face, just around the mouth, and i still have alot of red marks but they're fading still.

hey man, sorry to hear about your dad, hope that your coping ok with it.

the problem with the regimen is that once you start, if you stop the acne comes back!! hopefully within a few weeks back on the regimen, your skin will begin looking good again. all the best mate and keep the posts coming, people are reading them.

I was on Minocin for 6 months and was cleared for the period I was on it.I finished the course and have broken out worse than ever again,to a point where its worse than what it was before I went on it.

I've taken every drug under the sun including Roaccutane and nothing works.

I've recently statrted trying Allergenics face wash and was wondering is anyone else using this ?

ok im bringing this thing back now that i have time. Since my last post I've been doing my regimen once a day, and I decided that I am going to go back to twice a day and stay commited this time around. Doing it once a day has controled the acne but i want to get rid of it so im gonna do my weekly logs again.

1/15/04 :

My face is pretty much the same as it was, the red marks are very faded thanks to the vita K and arent very noticeable unless ur looking for them, but id still like to get rid of em all together ( a nice tan would prolly fix that ), i have some pimples but nothing really disgusting.

I feel like im a minute away from being clear if I just stick with it