Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
uncle buck

Swimming

Hey, i was wondering if i went swimming a few times in the middle of the day, would it have any effect on my face and its acne condition?

Im wondering this because i read its bad to wash your face more than twice a day, and if i go swimming that would count as washing my face, since my face gets wet, and i dry it afterwards.

Anyway, does anyone know if swimming effects acne?

i dont think it would really count as washing your face... your not really touching it which is what u do when you wash your face... when I went swimming I never really tried to touch my acne and went in the sauna or steamroom once or twice to work up a sweat it seemed to help my oilyness a bit... but wash your face after you go in the pool for sure

What cleared me exponentially.. was when I used to run the beach and jump in the ocean for a swim.. Now swimming in the ocean.. thats the ultimate acne killer.. A Truely Naturally Clean..

Thats interesting, ive been hearing that a lot lately, about how swimming in the ocean is really good for your skin.

I might give swimming a try, and i'll report back with results, if i notice any. smile.gif

Alright, here we go.

The Ocean: The ocean is a great place to get rid of your acne. Try taking up surfing or something. The water is pH balanced + a little sun on top of that kills acne quite well. You'd be surprised....Jump in the water for 2 hours and your face looks great! (well, unless you get sunburned)

A Pool: Chlorine can be good and bad for acne. If you're swimming for 3 hours every day of the week - that's horrible. It's very irratating and drying - ESPECIALLY if you're using a topical regime. If you're swimming around once a week for an hour or two that should be fine. You may see some improvements.

Don't go under water in the jacuzzi - your pores are open wiiiiide and there's plenty of dirt + gunk in the jacuzzi that are waiting to hang out in your pores + cause acne. I'd also watch out for Suana/Pool transfering.

the first day you go to the beach it will bring alot of that freakin acne to surface, what you have to do is go to the beach like everyday for a week or more to see a differece, and not burn ur dam skin, only makes skin and more oily and more acne after you peel. use to live in miami and had no dam acne, lived a block away from the beach, went every or everyother day, when i moved up north, in the inncer city, with pollution and no sun and what not had made me get acne and realy bad, but evertime i go back down to MIA for a while i go to the beach, first day it gets worse but later it gets really really good, my acne litterally goes away for a while. I remember back in the day some new kid moved arond my neighborhood and that kid was like a couple years older thatn me, and he had acne real bad. Took up a job renting jetskis or what not and his shit cleared up like gatdam, never would have guessed he ever ever ever had a thing. i doubt it was meds seeing as back then there wasn't shit.