Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
plateaukid

Anyone Here Get Facials done at Spas?

I was just wondering if anyone here go to spas for skin treatments instead of a derm all the time. It seems like a lot of these places will offer glycolic peels and microdermabrasion, for example. Some even offer IPL. Of course, then there's all sorts of facials they offer. I might go in soon one day and see if having one of these facials actually makes my skin look better. $50-$70 is worth it if you see a noticeable improvement. Hmm.... :-k

Try to make sure that whoever you go to uses a gentle touch, though. I patronized a skin care clinic a few years ago and the operator was so aggressive when squeezing out some blackheads from my nose that she created scars that are still there! (I remember wondering at the time if she had fought with her boyfriend the night before. Man, was she rough with me...even after I told her to ease up! Between her grunting and my grimacing, it was a real fiasco...believe me!! #-o )

So, just be careful!

Personally, I think you can get the same results at home. I've had facials, peels, and microderm done at the plastic surgeon's office, but have come to the conclusion I can get the exact same if not better results at home wth peels and PureDeming Gel.

Hi, Denise. Can you tell me what kind of peels you do at home and what skin problems they've helped. Also, how does the PureDeming Gel work - I ordered some, but not sure what to do w/it. Have you heard of the B-LiftX peel? Thanks so much.

Tarmik, I do the peels that everyone talks about; the lactic acid ones from homepeels or makeupartistschoice. I do a stronger salicylic acid peel also, but less often.

You can consult the PureDeming thread to read about what it does, and what people's experiences and/or comments are about it. That should give you all the information you want.

Personally, I think you can get the same results at home.  I've had facials, peels, and microderm done at the plastic surgeon's office, but have come to the conclusion I can get the exact same if not better results at home wth peels and PureDeming Gel.

I stopped using my MUA 30% glycolic peel aftter my bad experience. My face was burnt due to the sensitiveness from Differin and Clindamycin. I really want to use something to exfoliate but am not sure what to use. Any suggestions? I am looking for something not harsh. TIA.