Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hmm ok

many time i have heard people on this .org saying "i would feel more comfortable with a boy/girl friend that has acne or scars as opposed to someone completely clear and has been".

i have this same view but the thing is, i never meet any girls like this

i would feel so much more comfprtable, but instead i feel myself sort of hiding parts of my face or always facing my other side of my face to them when i talk, simply because the thought of them seeing my acne/scars/red marks and them not having any makes me feel awkward. most definitely psychological but still, its there

... where are you all? :doubt: this site has, like, i dont know how many members on it, so you must all be some where, just not where i am :rolleyes:

Hey Australian, I am in New Zealand lol!

Ya...I always feel uncomfortable talking to someone face to face. Although they seem to not looking at my face, but, still, I feel ashamed lol!

HOWEVER, when I talk to someone with CLEAR skin, I stare at his/her skin lol!

Don't know whether he/she notices this! HAHA...but, who cares, I will keep staring!

** We will have our CLEAR skin soon! Good Luck to all of us!

Dude everything you said is exactly how I feel!!!!! I mean 'for reals' how I feel. Damn you musta been riding my vibe since I first joined.

Guest T-Virus

I would actually prefer someone with clear skin who can accept me for who I am instead of someone with acne who only accepts me because we have the same problem.

as i said before, even if they did accept me for who i am, i wouldnt be able to if they had clear skin, it would make me feel uncomfortable to have a breakout, even if i be re assured they dont care..

hmm ok

many time i have heard people on this .org saying "i would feel more comfortable with a boy/girl friend that has acne or scars as opposed to someone completely clear and has been".

i would feel so much more comfprtable, but instead i feel myself sort of hiding parts of my face or always facing my other side of my face to them when i talk, simply because the thought of them seeing my acne/scars/red marks and them not having any makes me feel awkward. most definitely psychological but still, its there

... where are you all? :doubt: this site has, like, i dont know how many members on it, so you must all be some where, just not where i am :rolleyes:

I know where you're coming from mil0. It's real easy to get caught up in comparing yourself to others. You probably feel like you're not good enough for the person, and are embarassed by your acne/scars. Truth is you don't know anything about the other person. You can't place them on a pedistal like that, they are not better than you, they are a person, just like yourself. Try not to get caught up in looking at their physical features. They may have good looking skin on the outside and look nice, but inside that's not necessarily the case. Try convincing yourself that they are not any different than you, they just had better luck when it came to skin.

hmm ok

I know where you're coming from mil0. It's real easy to get caught up in comparing yourself to others. You probably feel like you're not good enough for the person, and are embarassed by your acne/scars. Truth is you don't know anything about the other person. You can't place them on a pedistal like that, they are not better than you, they are a person, just like yourself. Try not to get caught up in looking at their physical features. They may have good looking skin on the outside and look nice, but inside that's not necessarily the case. Try convincing yourself that they are not any different than you, they just had better luck when it came to skin.

good point erpatter, i do know it is psychological, and i do see myself putting some people up on a pedistal. thankyou for your advice, it is somthing i will for certain take on board