Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It's true. No matter how good I hide it I can't tell you how many times I've been told "loosen up" "why are you so nervous?" "I think you're afraid to go out in public" "what are you, self concious?"

argh...get off my back assholes! :mad:

Guest chipmunk_spunk

It's true.

Wanna fix this problem?

so many times, people don't think of what they say and the effects it has on a person....they either are trying to help or just being insensitive.

It's true. No matter how good I hide it I can't tell you how many times I've been told "loosen up" "why are you so nervous?" "I think you're afraid to go out in public" "what are you, self concious?"

ditto

People can't really smell fear. Dogs can. People can't. So they must be sensing it in other ways. Keep your hands out of your pockets, don't cross your arms, don't lean on things, stand up straight, smile, make eye contact (but don't stare, that's creepy), focus on your breathing (when people are nervous they tend to breathe funny), don't fidget, try to keep your voice steady, speak up (don't yell, but talk like you mean it). I think that covers the basics.

People can't really smell fear. Dogs can. People can't. So they must be sensing it in other ways. Keep your hands out of your pockets, don't cross your arms, don't lean on things, stand up straight, smile, make eye contact (but don't stare, that's creepy), focus on your breathing (when people are nervous they tend to breathe funny), don't fidget, try to keep your voice steady, speak up (don't yell, but talk like you mean it). I think that covers the basics.

I must say I am almost always guilty of leaning on things. :doubt:

I've only ever been pulled up on it once. the guy said to me, i had a wall up, and it was obvious from a mile away. it was nerves and consequently, fear, that made me scared so id avoid him, and whether he knew why i 'had a wall up', he knew i had a barrior up. it wasnt cause i was attracted to him either, i wasnt, he just made me nervous cause he was really confident and im quite insecure at times so he made me anxious. depends on who im with.

but yeah, i think even though ive been pulled up on my insecurities once ever, its very obvious to me, when someone realises. i feel obvious, so of course it would look obvious, and you just know when someone senses somethings up, you get a vibe, even when they dont say a word, the look, body language etc, are just as telling, which is probably how they realise too, my body language, look, tone, etc. i think just like you can tell most of the time when someone likes you, you can sense, when someones nervous or self-concious around you, uncomfortable, etc, just as easily. unless you hide it well. i do not lol.

I've only ever been pulled up on it once. the guy said to me, i had a wall up, and it was obvious from a mile away. it was nerves and consequently, fear, that made me scared so id avoid him, and whether he knew why i 'had a wall up', he knew i had a barrior up. it wasnt cause i was attracted to him either, i wasnt, he just made me nervous cause he was really confident and im quite insecure at times so he made me anxious. depends on who im with.

but yeah, i think even though ive been pulled up on my insecurities once ever, its very obvious to me, when someone realises. i feel obvious, so of course it would look obvious, and you just know when someone senses somethings up, you get a vibe, even when they dont say a word, the look, body language etc, are just as telling, which is probably how they realise too, my body language, look, tone, etc. i think just like you can tell most of the time when someone likes you, you can sense, when someones nervous or self-concious around you, uncomfortable, etc, just as easily. unless you hide it well. i do not lol.

I generally make it pretty obvious when I'm into a guy. Boys are often oblivious, they need a little help.

I generally make it pretty obvious when I'm into a guy. Boys are often oblivious, they need a little help.

May you please state what ''pretty obvious'' translates to?

There's this face I make that has been refered to as "the mae west look". I'll put my hand on his arm, lean into the conversation, whisper things in his ear that don't really require a whisper. Stuff like that.

Guest No Pride

There's this face I make that has been refered to as "the mae west look". I'll put my hand on his arm, lean into the conversation, whisper things in his ear that don't really require a whisper. Stuff like that.

I've had this happen to me at bars. The wide open eyes, smile, lean in, hand rubbed on shoulder. Told that I am really easy to talk to. Had pieces of paper thrown at me from across the bar with a number on it. Had bar ladies tell me that "she likes me". Compliments (nice teeth etc). The looks from across the room. Of course, like I should, I play it off and remain cool. Any sign that I am trying to come on to her and attraction is ended. I don't touch, dont lean into her, go off and do my thing time to time, talk to others. But I always catch glances and keep my stair until she looks away, sometimes talking by just moving my lips and no words come out..and see if she plays along. This one girl would play punch me. She was trying to figure out what song to play and wanted my help. I came up and said..play cry me a river by Justin timberlake. *PUNCH*..lol we ended up making out for a while.

I've had this happen to me at bars. The wide open eyes, smile, lean in, hand rubbed on shoulder. Told that I am really easy to talk to. Had pieces of paper thrown at me from across the bar with a number on it. Had bar ladies tell me that "she likes me". Compliments (nice teeth etc). The looks from across the room. Of course, like I should, I play it off and remain cool. Any sign that I am trying to come on to her and attraction is ended. I don't touch, dont lean into her, go off and do my thing time to time, talk to others. But I always catch glances and keep my stair until she looks away, sometimes talking by just moving my lips and no words come out..and see if she plays along. This one girl would play punch me. She was trying to figure out what song to play and wanted my help. I came up and said..play cry me a river by Justin timberlake. *PUNCH*..lol we ended up making out for a while.

in bars everyone acts like that with everyone. everyone's drunk. the "why don't you come up and see me sometime" bit is much more memorable in the language and travel section at barnes and noble.

I'm a lot like this too only I realized it isnt obvious, people actually think I am stand-offish instead of just shy & nervous. Really I am dying for people to talk to me but I am terrified to initiate anything.

I would prefer guys to be obvious cuz I can never tell if they are attracted to me or not; other people have to tell me. Yet at the same time I am terrible at sending clear signals myself cuz my first reaction to someone I find attractive is to run away; flirting through body language almost always comes off as awkward for me. The only kind of flirting I can do is verbal witticism & only if I am comfortable, which means I cant flirt with anyone I actually find attractive.

But enough about me....Ralazir, the fear thing is being detected through how you carry yourself & changing that is much easier said than done. You have to constantly be aware of it & force yourself through the fear. Sometimes you'll do great, sometimes you'll fail miserably, but keep trying.

Guest No Pride

in bars everyone acts like that with everyone. everyone's drunk. the "why don't you come up and see me sometime" bit is much more memorable in the language and travel section at barnes and noble.

That it completely false. Most guys are wwayy too into a chick because they now have the confidence to do it (drinking). Women sense this and they are turned off by it. You've already stated you do those things to guys you are interested in. That proves it more then anything else.

That it completely false. Most guys are wwayy too into a chick because they now have the confidence to do it (drinking). Women sense this and they are turned off by it. You've already stated you do those things to guys you are interested in. That proves it more then anything else.

You haven't said anything to prove I'm wrong. In fact, you said nothing that really had anything to do with that post at all. Gimme back my jacket. I said you could borrow it not have it.

You haven't said anything to prove I'm wrong. In fact, you said nothing that really had anything to do with that post at all. Gimme back my jacket. I said you could borrow it not have it.

Is that you in your signature?

Is that you in your signature?

which part?