Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da Real BucK

It is possible that bananas cause acne?

Bananas are like the only food I have included in my whole life, and diets, and still break out. Some places I have read about bananas causing inflammation or having fat causing dull skin and acne.

Guest max_powers585

i eat bananas all the time and theynever break me out.

I've always thought bananas made me break out. It's the only food i've ever found that I think makes me break out.

I  love bananas too :(

im about to stop eating them cause i cut out all carbs, dairies, and i still break out its insane. all i eat is like bananas, grapes, carrots, chicken, turkey, and water. and i just started eating carrots so theres nothing else to blame.

Guest Stu :-)

For me they do... Why exactly them i don't know..

Trial and error............

Did stop eating them clear you or not?

what in them could be causing it?

23g of carbs?

12g of sugar?

2.6g dietar fibre?

0.3g fat?

358 mg potassium?

no its not the bananas. puberty and increased androgens cause acne (increased oil production and growth of bacteria).

try accutane. u can do a low dose for oily skin or mild acne. probably 3 month course instead of 6. you will be cured for life.

i have gave this banana thing some thought...i stopped eating them about two weeks ago, and since then i havent gotten any more of these huge cysts i was getting! could be coincidence but i dont think so...

Bananas have a lot of sugar and thats why people can break out from eating them

If the foods that you listed is really ALL you eat, then you need to rearrange your diet. It doesnt seem that you are getting any good fats. Also green leafy veggies are a must for clear skin. Learn to like them and eat a salad everyday.

I wouldnt blame the carrots, but they do have a high sugar content for a vegetable. Carrots are a root veggie and therefore is the storage for the glucose so its high in sugar, but heck it has soooo many good things to it so eat them in a salad.

If you have any more questions just ask

Oh btw, good fats are such as

Salmon

Any type of seed/nut

olive oil

avacado

Did stop eating them clear you or not?

what in them could be causing it?

23g of carbs?

12g of sugar?

2.6g dietar fibre?

0.3g fat?

358 mg potassium?

yeh its pretty much as people have said its the sugar thats the main culprit. I may have a slight allergy, sometimes my mouth tingles a little when i eat them. Its just a pure and simple no no for me.

At the time it was hard to say whether just cutting them out that has cleared me. Until i found a diet where i didnt break out anymore then i could add things back in and see whats going on. I do know i have an sugar/insulin issue though.. you might be the same.

The green smoothies are a MAJOR plus .. get yourself a blender and go choppers on it

bananas only have about 12g of sugar, and its natural. nothing processed; i dont see why it would be bad. does that mean raw honey, grapes, pineapple and other fruits and veggies cause acne?

i actually have a cabinet full of accutane i squirreled away during my treatment. i calculated i have enough for 40 mg a day for 9 months!

lucky :surprised:

i actually have a cabinet full of accutane i squirreled away during my treatment. i calculated i have enough for 40 mg a day for 9 months!

good. how much ?? $$$$$$$$

:( I love bananas so much... first im giving up orange juice.. I dont think I could ever give up bananas..

Well Mandy do you know for sure if orange juice causes you acne? I drink orange juice all the time and i'm clear. But the second I eat a banana I break out. You have to test it out. Try not drinking orange juice for a while and see if your skin clears up.

bananas only have about 12g of sugar, and its natural. nothing processed; i dont see why it would be bad. does that mean raw honey, grapes, pineapple and other fruits and veggies cause acne?

[/quote

I don't see why eating peanuts are bad but some people swell up and almost die eating them...

I don't see why eating peanuts are bad but some people swell up and almost die eating them...

Peanuts are just one of the major allergens, so many people have trouble with them. Personally, I can't digest them and get bad stomach cramps if I eat them. I'm not sure if they break me out since I haven't had any since I was a child.

I've personally ruled out bananas as an acne link, I can't prove anything to you but take my word, if anything, a banana is beneficial.

As for OJ, I've recently decided OJ is actually beneficial. Some do not agree with me though.

The people here claiming all sugar is linked to acne are ridiculous...and Mandy, please do not give up OJ.

I will make a post refuting the acne-sugar link shortly. Refined sugars MAY have an affect on acne...sugars from fruit and fruit juices certainly do not.

-YC

Salmon

Any type of seed/nut

olive oil

avacado

nuts??? nuts make both me and my dad break out horribly. they're the only food that i've really noticed that does that.

im about to stop eating them cause i cut out all carbs, dairies, and i still break out its insane. all i eat is like bananas, grapes, carrots, chicken, turkey, and water. and i just started eating carrots so theres nothing else to blame.

The grapes are also high in sugar. As well as what Jen said, you also don't sound like you are eating much in the way of veggies, especially green ones. Do you want to try adding those in to see if you see an improvement?

I've personally ruled out bananas as an acne link, I can't prove anything to you but take my word, if anything, a banana is beneficial.

As for OJ, I've recently decided OJ is actually beneficial. Some do not agree with me though.

The people here claiming all sugar is linked to acne are ridiculous...and Mandy, please do not give up OJ.

I will make a post refuting the acne-sugar link shortly. Refined sugars MAY have an affect on acne...sugars from fruit and fruit juices certainly do not.

-YC

Good luck, Loren Cordain has already shown the link of acne-sugar and most fruit juices are just as good as refined sugar as they cause sharp rises in insulin, just like refined sugar.

Salmon

Any type of seed/nut

olive oil

avacado

nuts??? nuts make both me and my dad break out horribly. they're the only food that i've really noticed that does that.

Probably an allergy / hypersensitivity then. Otherwise, the oleic acid and vitamin E of nuts are pretty healthy.

Guest molly_jean_comments
Bananas are like the only food I have included in my whole life, and diets, and still break out. Some places I have read about bananas causing inflammation or having fat causing dull skin and acne.

That is one food where I break out horribly. I will have huge cystic painful areas around my lips. It happened everytime I ate one so I stopped eating them. I think it has somethign to do with the fact that they are high in potassium.