Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can you guys please share what brand and type of multi vitamins you are using.

I am looking for good quality vitamins that contain some of the neccesary vitamins and minerals to help acne.

Such as Vitamin B5, Zinc, Omega-3 oils, and so on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Make sure whatever multivitamin you choose does NOT have kelp added to it. Kelp and other high iodine foods have been strongly linked to acne flares.

Make sure whatever multivitamin you choose does NOT have kelp added to it. Kelp and other high iodine foods have been strongly linked to acne flares.

I have heard of this several times before. It is something I will keep an eye out for. Thanks for your help. :angel:

Hi,

Well I use oil of evening primrose oil, and this is brill if you suffer from hormonal acne, you can usually tell if you suffer from this as your spots tend to be on your chin and along your jaw line. This keeps your hormones at one level and it helps the skin too, therefore less spots and redness (well it works for me, but I take a very high dose of them)

Hey, i am a nutritionist and the best multi vitamin is a brand called metagenics. It is way better then those commercial brands.

Thanks.

Can anyone please tell me what brand or type of multi vitamins you are using?

My brand i use is called healthspan as I order them on the net. But supermarket ones are just as good!

i used to use women's one-a-day...im not sure if it contains any iodine or kelp, but it did seem like my face broke out a lot more when i was one them :confused:

I've scoped every bottle of multi vitamins in my house which is ALOT even still sealed bottles..all contain Iodine and no Vitamin B 5 ahh yikes! I am not having much luck finding what i'm looking for online but I think I have a better and easier chance online then in a store. :think:

i used to use women's one-a-day...im not sure if it contains any iodine or kelp, but it did seem like my face broke out a lot more when i was one them :confused:

I think Women's One a day does have kelp in it. It is hard to find a multi-vitamin without kelp or iodine, but I do think there are at least a few out there that don't have those ingredients.

I found one here: http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?produ...rentPage=search

It DOES NOT contain any Iodine or Kelp but it also doesn't contain Iron which is something I prolly need.

Also it only contains 80 mg of B5 and only 15 mg of Zinc, and I don't know if this is enough.

I guess if I can't find anything else that is only Iodine free, then this will have to do.

What do you guys think? :eh:

Um, most Multivitamins should contain B5 as far as I know.. look for Pantothenic Acid instead of B5, because that is what B5 is.

Look for something with at least 50mg of Zinc, but make sure it also has at least 2mg of copper, otherwise you may end up with a copper deficiency.

Um, most Multivitamins should contain B5 as far as I know.. look for Pantothenic Acid instead of B5, because that is what B5 is.

Look for something with at least 50mg of Zinc, but make sure it also has at least 2mg of copper, otherwise you may end up with a copper deficiency.

Thanks for your advice.

I thought finding an Iodine free Multi-Vitamin was hard!

I don't know if I will find one with 50 mg of Zinc and 2 mg of Copper.

Most seem to contain around 15-25 mg.

But I will keep looking and thanks for your help!

Thanks for your advice.

I thought finding an Iodine free Multi-Vitamin was hard!

I don't know if I will find one with 50 mg of Zinc and 2 mg of Copper.

Most seem to contain around 15-25 mg.

But I will keep looking and thanks for your help!

Btw, all of fresh start vitamins' daily packets have 50mg of Zinc and 2mg of copper except for the Great Start and Super Life formulas.