Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clear SKIN!!! Here I Come!

Nervous about starting accutane, but i need it :(

hey ya'll :D

well, i've suffered from acne since i was in the 6th grade..

i am currently in the 11th and signs aren't pointing to me clearing up..

each year i end up getting worse and worse, and my family constantly ask,"what's going on with your face?"

AND I HATE IT!!

i'm tired of avoiding mirrors, denying getting close to someone, or keeping my head down..

i'm a very outgoing, fun, crazy person, and i don't want to be held back by my skin...

if my skin was clear, i believe i can be my full potential..

but i am lucky..

because i have the best of friends..

they never talk about my acne, or judge me, or make me feel like i have a skin disease...

and on January 3rd i will be starting on accutane..

i am sooooo nervous and scared because of all the side effects i hear that may happen..

i don't know what to expect..

and then i keep feeling that this pill won't work for me because nothing has ever worked...

if theres an acne product in the market, i've tried it...

and since this is the highest, top of the line product, i will be deeply upset if it doesn't work..

i'll just pray to God, and keep my chin up i guess...

i just hope i can finally have that clear, smooth, creamy skin i once had...

love

steph

hey ya'll :D

well, i've suffered from acne since i was in the 6th grade..

i am currently in the 11th and signs aren't pointing to me clearing up..

each year i end up getting worse and worse, and my family constantly ask,"what's going on with your face?"

AND I HATE IT!!

i'm tired of avoiding mirrors, denying getting close to someone, or keeping my head down..

i'm a very outgoing, fun, crazy person, and i don't want to be held back by my skin...

if my skin was clear, i believe i can be my full potential..

but i am lucky..

because i have the best of friends..

they never talk about my acne, or judge me, or make me feel like i have a skin disease...

and on January 3rd i will be starting on accutane..

i am sooooo nervous and scared because of all the side effects i hear that may happen..

i don't know what to expect..

and then i keep feeling that this pill won't work for me because nothing has ever worked...

if theres an acne product in the market, i've tried it...

and since this is the highest, top of the line product, i will be deeply upset if it doesn't work..

i'll just pray to God, and keep my chin up i guess...

i just hope i can finally have that clear, smooth, creamy skin i once had...

love

steph

Hey hun its ok to feel nervous because it is a prety strong drug. However my strongest advice for u is to not think and concentrate on the ugly side effects bcoz it'l just make u feel and think negative. If u've tried everything out there and know that this is the last resort well then be content with ur decision and wait patiently until the course is over :)

All us accutane users are going through the same thing so atleast u can have comfort in knowing that u could always share/express ur concerns on here etc etc

Good luck :dance:

I have the same case. Very mild acne from 7th until 8th, then fresmen year I started getting cysts that were painful and it really hit me hard earlier this year. I mean hard. It affects me so much I sometimes think of killing myself (in addition to other issues) so I finally persuaded my mom to let me get on accutane.

I've been on Accutane since August and I must say it's the best decision I've made about trying to treat my acne. I don't get cysts anymore, I have no excess oil, and breakouts are very mild and sparse.

Of course there's side effects, but believe me, they are nothing compared to the results. Dry chapped lips, dry eyes, flaky skin, Initial breakout, back aches, I've experienced only these and it's been well worth it. The hardest time is the IB, but after it calms down it's not that bad at all. I wish I had done accutane earlier.

If I were you and nothing has worked, and it's affecting your life this much, Accutane was a wise choice.

Good luck I hope it helps you as much as it did me and tons of other people. :D

it's like i feel i'm the only one with this problem where i live..

my brother had acne, but it cleared up already..

and no one in my family here as acne..

they all have nice clear skin..

and none of my friends have acne problems..

i rarely see anyone with it so i feel like i can't talk to anyone about it, so i shrug it off...

but maybe it's better that way since i won't have to talk about how bad i feel..

i can pretend like i don't care..

and i hope it helps me to..

my derm said it would, but i was still pretty doubtful...

go look in the accutane galleries if you haven't already.

that is what convinced me. Seeing someone with SEVERE acne get nearly crystal clear on accutane, in addition to many others with severe acne getting clear on it. so my moderate/severe acne was a perfect canidate.

Your welcome Steph...

I started 2 months ago but had to pause last month bcoz i was sick and couldnt take the tablets...I've started again though just 2 days ago...I cant wait till its over!!!

Roaccutane and accutane are the same thing....just different names i think...or brand...not sure..

Yep i know the feeling...everyone around me has clear skin too and when im around them i pretend like i dont care about my acne but sumtimes i do talk about it and actually makes me feel better...does ur friends know that ur starting accutane?

Also just as "Ralazir" said..look in the accutane galleries...it really boosts u up! I always go in there when im running out of patience...cant get better proof then those photos :D

go look in the accutane galleries if you haven't already.

that is what convinced me. Seeing someone with SEVERE acne get nearly crystal clear on accutane, in addition to many others with severe acne getting clear on it. so my moderate/severe acne was a perfect canidate.

yea, i checked out the galleries..

they really inspired me..

i just hope that i can be one of the lucky ones to get great results like this ~

Your welcome Steph...

I started 2 months ago but had to pause last month bcoz i was sick and couldnt take the tablets...I've started again though just 2 days ago...I cant wait till its over!!!

Roaccutane and accutane are the same thing....just different names i think...or brand...not sure..

Yep i know the feeling...everyone around me has clear skin too and when im around them i pretend like i dont care about my acne but sumtimes i do talk about it and actually makes me feel better...does ur friends know that ur starting accutane?

Also just as "Ralazir" said..look in the accutane galleries...it really boosts u up! I always go in there when im running out of patience...cant get better proof then those photos :D

oh well good luck to you!!

when do you end your accutane?

but no, none of my friend no i'm going to be on accutane..

should i tell them??

yea, those pictures in the gallerie really motivate me..

especially the results of lara..

i'm just crossing my fingers!!

Good Luck! I've been through it twice and I got a lot of the BAD side effects...but I'd do it all over again (and that time may be coming soon :-0). I'd tell my friends because there are going to be times that you need the support. Your skin will get worse before it gets better and if it wasn't for everyone around me, I would have gone downhill fast. But you'll get through it and it'll be well worth all the worrying :)

I end my treatment next yr in may hopefully :)

Umm tell who ever u feel comfortable with about accutane...few of my friends know and my family...my sis isnt too happy about me being on it bcoz of the side effects but she's supportive anyway bcoz she knows how much acne has effected me...

A few of my friends have said that my skin is getting better and thats when i told them that i was on roaccutane...i havent told them all of the nasty side effects bcoz they're just going to say negative things and thats the last thing i need so maybe u could try telling a few close friends too..

Do have scars? thats what my main problem is...my derm said hopefully they would improve heaps on roaccutane and 6 months after i finish im going to get other treatment just for the scars and hopefullyyyyyy that'l b the end of all thisss....

Is your family supportive towards accutane?

Thanks Kel4848 for the advice..

i'm not to worried about it getting worse..

i'm just worried that it won't work and that it'll stay worse..

but i have to be optimistic ^^

and Thanks Name goes here for the encouragement ^^

I end my treatment next yr in may hopefully :)

Umm tell who ever u feel comfortable with about accutane...few of my friends know and my family...my sis isnt too happy about me being on it bcoz of the side effects but she's supportive anyway bcoz she knows how much acne has effected me...

A few of my friends have said that my skin is getting better and thats when i told them that i was on roaccutane...i havent told them all of the nasty side effects bcoz they're just going to say negative things and thats the last thing i need so maybe u could try telling a few close friends too..

Do have scars? thats what my main problem is...my derm said hopefully they would improve heaps on roaccutane and 6 months after i finish im going to get other treatment just for the scars and hopefullyyyyyy that'l b the end of all thisss....

Is your family supportive towards accutane?

I was afraid of it not working too. While my acne did come back both times, it was never as worse as the times before I took the Accutane, so that was pretty much a victory in itself. As for insurance, i'm pretty sure mine did not cover it. However, after turning 21 i've been on my own with a different plan, so maybe it just depends. But its going to be expensive...I think they do that to discourage its use as much as possible and it limit it to those who truly truly need it. I think with all the side effects and publicity they don't want just anyone taking it. But hopefully when I go to grad school, medical insurance is covered with my tuition waiver, so maybe they'll help with another round of Accutane. That would be fabulous.

Dont be nervous! I shit myself about taking roaccutane so i kno how you feel but it will help you. I tried all the products on the market too, their all rubbish! Be aware that it will make your skin worse to make it better. I have pics of what i went through with roaccutane in my old gallery, but look at my results at the end and how its kept me like that up to now. It changed my life and it will do the same for you. The only side effects i had was REALLY dry skin, try not to panic. Best wishes x

I was afraid of it not working too. While my acne did come back both times, it was never as worse as the times before I took the Accutane, so that was pretty much a victory in itself. As for insurance, i'm pretty sure mine did not cover it. However, after turning 21 i've been on my own with a different plan, so maybe it just depends. But its going to be expensive...I think they do that to discourage its use as much as possible and it limit it to those who truly truly need it. I think with all the side effects and publicity they don't want just anyone taking it. But hopefully when I go to grad school, medical insurance is covered with my tuition waiver, so maybe they'll help with another round of Accutane. That would be fabulous.

well then i guess i have nothing to worry about ^^

atleast if i get it back, God forbid, it won't be as bad as it is now ~

money!! money!! money!!

that's one thing i don't have :(

but i hope my insurance will cover it ^~^

so how many times have you taken accutane?

btw how much is accutane every month??

and does the insurance cover it??

Thats gr8 how ur family is supportive :)

I'm in Australia and i only pay $7 for my box of tablets each month....thats prety cheap compared to what others pay...and i also get most of the cash back which i pay for my derm visits...