Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sw cub

accutane preventing outgrowing acne

I have noticed a lot of people have to take further courses of accutane much later on in their life. It seems like a lot of people probably would have naturally outgrown their acne but accutane has somehow prevented them from completely doing that?? Does anyone know any research that has been done on this or have any opinions on this?

some people wouldn't grow out of acne anyway. it's called adult acne. my theory is that accutane puts alot of people who are "cured" for life into remission long enough that they would have grown out of it anyway, and some the people who get it when they are much older would have had adult acne anyway. if i do get it back when i am much older i'll just go back on accutane.

i've written this so many times now: tane by seba glandns involution changes ethiopathogenesis of acne! it means acne will be back anytime in the future... no predictable.

i've written this so many times now: tane by seba glandns involution changes ethiopathogenesis of acne! it means acne will be back anytime in the future... no predictable.

I don't quite understand what you are saying. Are you saying that it will always come back for anyone who takes accutane?? Because I don't think this is the case. The scientific jargon is over my head, I am just trying to figure out if its more likely that I'm going to have acne when I'm 40 because I'm taking accutane now.

I don't quite understand what you are saying. Are you saying that it will always come back for anyone who takes accutane?? Because I don't think this is the case. The scientific jargon is over my head, I am just trying to figure out if its more likely that I'm going to have acne when I'm 40 because I'm taking accutane now.

you're probably less likely to.

Bullshit, if your acne comes back many years later even as an adult it means you were still suppose to have acne, accutane can buy you time for you to outgrow acne! For example you took accutane at 20, and you were suppose to naturally clear at 22, and if accutane is still in effective, it bought you time and you'll be clear forever.