Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am thinking to order some free samples of Signature Minerals they sound really good ,

-has anyone have any bad reaction to it or broke out from it ?

-does it ship to the US and what kind of brush i need to get to use mineral make up?

i need a good brush and iam not sure which one to get sooo i need some help with brushes..coz i know brushes make alot of differences specialy with using powder make up...and what can i order ?

-also is the blushes and bronzers okay to use? i want something that will last all day and wont make me shiny and orangy like BE did and something to control my oil , also does it cover red marks and acne ?( i have tiny pimples and lots of redmarks) also how will it look with ice pick scars? will it make my skin look smoother ?

-Is it hard to apply it ? and whats the best way to do ?

Thanks all.

okay.. i can answer some of these questions. i love signature minerals! i have oily skin 2 and my face gets shiny but not w/ signature minerals. I havent had any bad reactions to this makeup. Yes it ships to the US. I didnt get a brush from signature b/c I already had one from joppa but I like the chiseled brush. Signature doesnt really have a big variety of brushes so if you dont want the Buki brush from there i think they sell brushes at other site..im not sure though. The Buki brush will give you more coverage..i think thats the different between the chiseled brushes and the Kabuki kind of brushes [everyday minerals have a good variety of brushes]. i dont wear blush and i havent tried the bonzer from them yet..i did get one in my sample kit though. To help control the oil and shiny appearance get a Finishing Veil. I have the Translucent kind [i like it a lot]. yes it covers up red marks. i use the mult-tasking concealer to help out w/ some spots.

its not hard to apply..everyone does it differently. theres instructions on some of the site also. On the left hand side on the signature minerals website click on "Foundation Tips" and it will show you how to apply foundation. Since the samples come in ziplock bags I pour my foundation on tin foil. i put a lil on my brush and tape excess off..i start on my jaw line and "buff" it on.. circle motions is what i use but some just swipe it on. Do one layer at a time.. and make sure you have some natural sunlight coming through the windows. some people actually go outside w/ a mirror and check their makeup. its cold in iowa right now so i dont do that! lol. i put on about 2 light layers of foundation, then i do concealer. some people put concealer on 1st but idk why..i like to put it on after foundation. [oh ya ur going to want to buy a concealer brush also..mines from joppa..] put a lil concealer on the brush and tap excess off and then use upward motions. after im done w/ concealer i put on the finishing veil..same way as foundation but i dont use 2 layers. i think thats all i do.. lol. im not an expert on mineral makeup yet but thats what i do.

http://www.everydayminerals.com/g?t=viewDo...aram=beauty_411 this link will show you some images of putting it on.

But buffing the concealer ontop of the foundation brushes away the foundation or the concealer away ?

Iam so thinking to order the free samples , looks pretty good and i want to make sure that there isnt any ingredient that might be harsh for my sensitive oily skin and my acne as well..

question , do they have a good brush ? or should i order the one from EM ? also to choose the "6" colors or samples from SM..means 6 of each the foundation , eye shadow , blushes and bronzer and Finishing Veils or only 6 samples total of any of these ? and if anyone can tell me what best veil/blush/bronzer i should order and for the foundation...what color you guys think will go better with yellowish skin with tiny pinkish..but more yellowish..., see my piccies in my gallery...

Iam thinking to order the um

2 Light

2.3 Light Beige

3 Light

4 Light

do i need to order some darker ones for my skin tones , or will that be just too dark ?

Thank you all :dance: iam excited to order it.

But buffing the concealer ontop of the foundation brushes away the foundation or the concealer away ?

Iam so thinking to order the free samples , looks pretty good and i want to make sure that there isnt any ingredient that might be harsh for my sensitive oily skin and my acne as well..

question , do they have a good brush ? or should i order the one from EM ? also to choose the "6" colors or samples from SM..means 6 of each the foundation , eye shadow , blushes and bronzer and Finishing Veils or only 6 samples total of any of these ? and if anyone can tell me what best veil/blush/bronzer i should order and for the foundation...what color you guys think will go better with yellowish skin with tiny pinkish..but more yellowish..., see my piccies in my gallery...

Iam thinking to order the um

2 Light

2.3 Light Beige

3 Light

4 Light

do i need to order some darker ones for my skin tones , or will that be just too dark ?

Thank you all :dance: iam excited to order it.

I read somewhere to put concealer on after foundation b/c when u buff on the foundation the concealer gets moved..idk something like that lol. some days i do it 1st and others after foundation...mostly after foundation [i like it better that way but others have diff ways of doing it]. you can 6 samples total. i got a concealer, finishing veil, a bronzer, and 3 diff foundations. i liked light beige for me. i like the translucent finishing veil b/c its for every skin tone. the other veils are for certain foundation colors so if i was u would stick to Translucent until u find the color you like. i havent tried the bronzer yet and i dont like blush so i cant say anything about that. im not very good with picking colors that match so maybe if u email the people from Signature minerals and send them pics and what not maybe they can help??

Oh okay thanks for your help ! but i dont see the free samples where i can choose the concealer xx;..., is it on the same page ?

it took me awhile to see it 2... look in the foundation section..its the last one..thats the only concealer

Oh okay thanks for your help ! but i dont see the free samples where i can choose the concealer xx;..., is it on the same page ?

it took me awhile to see it 2... look in the foundation section..its the last one..thats the only concealer

Oh lmao , i see it..thanks.., iam having hard time choosing the foundation shades :doubt: what best way to choose colors?

on the left hand side of the website click on foundations and scroll to the bottom. the chart might help u. i just picked colors i thought would match.. if you get something to dark or to light you can always mix them.

and theres another page on the site that says this:

Finding your shade:

It is very important that your foundation matches your skin tone very closely. Foundation that is too dark may accentuate fine lines and even give you an orangey appearance. Foundation that is too light may give you a greyish, chalky cast.

Because of the nature of minerals, the same foundation shade may look very different on different people. By the same token, many people find 2 or 3 shades that ALL work great! For this reason it is really best not to make a choice based on what looks good on someone else.

The best way to find your shade is to try smaller jars or samples of several shades in your range (light, med-light, med, deep) to see how they look on your own skin. Always try the foundation on your face, never try it on your wrist or forearm - it does not work!

If by some chance you don't find a shade that works for your skin tone, BLEND! Mineral foundation is actually intended to be blended, so don't be afraid to try your own recipes until you find the perfect signature blend for your complexion! Just dont forget to write down your recipies!

Ohh i see that , thats alot helpful..thank you :)..now i need to make up my mind and order hopefully either tonight or tomorrow..

By the way , their brush...is it good or should i order from EM ? and can i find those EM brushes in stores ?

also! does it give a matte finish? forgot asking this question

choicebrush.com and EDM both have great brushes at decent prices. the EDM premium kabuki is very soft and has a lifetime guarantee (all their premium brushes too, you can't beat that!) i would get a concealer brush as well, I don't buff in my concealer, I buff foundation and then use the concealer brush to cover spots. If I use a finishing powder, I only put it in the area where I didn't use concealer (for me, forehead, nose, upper cheeks) because that will move the concealer around too.

i don't think you can find the EDM brushes in the store. I'd order the brushes, then get some more samples from them to make your shipping even more worthwhile :). I ordered free samples from Ocean Mist and Signature for those "just in case" days...if I for whatever reason, couldn't order more EDM (though with the Everyday kit and the Everything Kit I've bought since September, I've got make-up coming out my ears).

i also wanted to say that EDM's intensive and matte formulas are the best. Intensive for more coverage/matte for less shininess through the day.

I also prefer EDM to Signature because I feel the 4.90 in shipping is a little ridiculous for baggies. 3.30 or so for the sample jars seems a lot more legit to me. :whistle:

Hey Cherry Bunny!

I love Signature Minerals!! It took me a long time to find the right makeup and this is it for sure =) The coverage is really great for me and it doesnt make me shiney!! My daughter has light skin and a good bit of acne/scars and the concealer covers the marks perfectly. The finish is very very nice matte and it lasts!

As for brushes, I love my Signature Buki!!!! It is really soft and you just cant beat the price. I definitely recommend it.

I emailed about my daughters colors and she was real helpful, we hit her shade right on with no problem!!

Oxynraven said:

I also prefer EDM to Signature because I feel the 4.90 in shipping is a little ridiculous for baggies. 3.30 or so for the sample jars seems a lot more legit to me.

i also wanted to say that EDM's intensive and matte formulas are the best. Intensive for more coverage/matte for less shininess through the day.

I also prefer EDM to Signature because I feel the 4.90 in shipping is a little ridiculous for baggies. 3.30 or so for the sample jars seems a lot more legit to me. :whistle:

EDM contains stuff that is harsh to the skin from what i read , signature minerals doesnt contain much of stuff and i like that about it , 4 dollar shipping isnt a big deal specialy when you get to order more colors/

really? what is the harsh stuff? i thought the ingredients were identical.

I read some bad reviews on makeupalley.com ? about somethign in the ingredients that makes the skin either itch or make some bumps appear...cornscratch? not sure, i can check.

what you are thinking of is zea mays, which is only in their finishing dust. you get the balancing dust. it is in none of their foundations, concealers, etc.

W00t! i ordered earlier tonight 4 foundations , concealer, the veil and the brush , now i will try those basic stuff then if i liked them i will try the blushes/bronzers and eye shadow =) hope they will turn out good.

W00t! i ordered earlier tonight 4 foundations , concealer, the veil and the brush , now i will try those basic stuff then if i liked them i will try the blushes/bronzers and eye shadow =) hope they will turn out good.

:clap: Oh great! Let us know which foundation works for you!! I think you are going to love it! And you got the buki. Yeah! I love mine. Exciting!!!

Hi CherryBunny! I so happy your trying Signature Minerals I just love it!! The coverage is wonderful and so are the foundation colors. The buki is my favorite brush its sooo soft against my skin. I have a feeling you are gonna love it too.