Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have decided, I will be a dermatologist when I get my degree. I have thought about this much, and I want to help people with all ranges of acne. I want to hear their problems and have them open up to me, and I want to find a cure...I'm already halfway through college, and I know I will have to go to med school, but I was going to anyway, and being a derm would totally be worth it. I kinda want to have the option for my patients to join counciling sessions too, just to talk about their feelings. I went through severe acne stages, and I think it would be good if my patients had something to relate to. :) Wish me luck in my new venture.

That's awesome. I wish you the best of luck!! You MUST come here and tell us first when you find the cure though ;)

=D I have a lot of respect for people who do health courses or health related jobs. I'm actually on a 2 year paramedic training university course but it is only a temporary thing because i didn't get into medical school last year.

I'm partway through my 2nd application attempt waiting to hear back from the medical schools. I too have been thinking about the dermatology field..

I have decided, I will be a dermatologist when I get my degree. I have thought about this much, and I want to help people with all ranges of acne. I want to hear their problems and have them open up to me, and I want to find a cure...I'm already halfway through college, and I know I will have to go to med school, but I was going to anyway, and being a derm would totally be worth it. I kinda want to have the option for my patients to join counciling sessions too, just to talk about their feelings. I went through severe acne stages, and I think it would be good if my patients had something to relate to. :) Wish me luck in my new venture.

derms do more then just acne!! good luck with that and don't forget to recommend them here so they can check out my profile. :)

Good luck with that! It really does help if the dermatologist has been through the same kind of thing as their acne patients, they can understand about all the emotional & confidence side of things too. I'd love to be a derm, would be nice going to work everyday knowing you're helping someone out

I wanted to do something like this at one point, but I couldn't face the school years of maths and chemistry! Best of luck - I think it's a really great thing to want to do.

Yeah, I figured there are a lot of shit derms out there, and the world needs a few really good ones who care about the patients and not just money...Plus, I think I could help alot of people, and that is worth the hard work......tehbarra, good luck with your med school app...btw, did you take your MCATS?

Yeah, I figured there are a lot of shit derms out there, and the world needs a few really good ones who care about the patients and not just money...Plus, I think I could help alot of people, and that is worth the hard work......tehbarra, good luck with your med school app...btw, did you take your MCATS?

UKCATS here in good old Britain - and nope :| I missed the test application deadline so i didn't get to do them in the year 2006 sitting. But i thought hey.. what's the point in not trying so i still applied - it only costs £15 in England to apply to 4 medical schools, quite cheap through UCAS (University and College Admission System or something :P).

I'm going to make sure i take it next year. I even had some schools get back to me asking whether i had taken the test, and didn't reject me until after i had told them no, so they were considering me till they found out :|

A couple i've applied for this year don't require you to have sat UKCATS anyway so heres hoping for good feedback..

That's AWESOME...I'm working towards the same goal, different path. I'm going to start grad school in exercise science and finally end with a Ph.D. in Kinesiology. I know for sure I want to research the effects of exercise and acne. Its a very poorly researched subject. Don't get me wrong, obesity studies are getting all the grant money for a reason...its an epidemic. But (and this is going to sound mean coming from a personal trainer) to some extent, people's actions are to blame for the majority of obesity cases. Acne has no discernable cause and obviously no cure in sight. Exercise has been proven to improve many aspects of mental health, as well as be beneficial additional treatment to a majority of illnesses and therapy. And really, our miracle drug comes with a suicide warning. There has to be something less invasive, with less harmful side effects and less expensive out there. GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!! hahaha.

That's AWESOME...I'm working towards the same goal, different path. I'm going to start grad school in exercise science and finally end with a Ph.D. in Kinesiology. I know for sure I want to research the effects of exercise and acne. Its a very poorly researched subject. Don't get me wrong, obesity studies are getting all the grant money for a reason...its an epidemic. But (and this is going to sound mean coming from a personal trainer) to some extent, people's actions are to blame for the majority of obesity cases. Acne has no discernable cause and obviously no cure in sight. Exercise has been proven to improve many aspects of mental health, as well as be beneficial additional treatment to a majority of illnesses and therapy. And really, our miracle drug comes with a suicide warning. There has to be something less invasive, with less harmful side effects and less expensive out there. GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!! hahaha.

Kudos to you, I almost went down the same path, and I still might!! Hey, mabey we will end up partners? haha.....anyway, I want to do something acne related, lets put an end to this madness!

Goodluck :D

Can i get free treatments? :D:D

this sounds like a good plan. It will be extremely challenging, because theres so many theories as to what causes acne, but scientific evidence isn't strong enough to confirm whats true and whats not.

i thought about becoing a derm. the only thing is how long it takes to get through med school. and also, id feel kind weird having shitty skin and going to derm school lol.

I feel the same way! I want to be a Dermatologist as well! :D