Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guest Sincerely_Me

Yes! I have. Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel. It is almost exactly like the Smashbox primer you get at MAC. It feels weird, and a little goes a long way, but it definitely works...and it doesn't break you out. You can even look at the ingredients, it has what primers in general have. I like it.

Guest Sincerely_Me
I think I may buy some =] do you know how much it costs?

Around 8 dollars I think.

Iam thinking to get it as well since someone said that it helps with covering the ice pick scars or fill them up , but i cant seem to find at drugstores...where else i can find it ? and will it be a prob using it on oily skin?

You can usually find it at Walmart / Target in the feminine products section. It's about $6.50, but open the box and you may find a $2.00 coupon inside. I like it, but I still get oily using it. I am still searching for the perfect primer!

You can usually find it at Walmart / Target in the feminine products section. It's about $6.50, but open the box and you may find a $2.00 coupon inside. I like it, but I still get oily using it. I am still searching for the perfect primer!

Have you buy any chance tried milk of magnesia as a primer? i've been using it lately and it really keeps the oilies at bay in my opinion :)

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

It's awesome stuff. Way cheaper than smashbox. I have a little bit of scarring and no it doesn't really work miracles, but my skin looks much smoother. THen again I've never really tried to cover up my scars. IT really makes my makeup look so much better. I went without one day and I looked horrible.

Have you buy any chance tried milk of magnesia as a primer? i've been using it lately and it really keeps the oilies at bay in my opinion

No, I need to do that. I think about it, then I forget. Thanks for reminding me! :) Does it make your skin appear lighter or is it transluscent?

Have you buy any chance tried milk of magnesia as a primer? i've been using it lately and it really keeps the oilies at bay in my opinion

No, I need to do that. I think about it, then I forget. Thanks for reminding me! :) Does it make your skin appear lighter or is it transluscent?

You just gotta be careful of not applying too much, or it will get chalky.. If that happens.. a little moisturizer takes care of that problem immidiatly.. I only appky a littke bit and it dries clear for me =]

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I never liked MOM for some reason I can't even remember now. I think it ws because I was looking for something that would make my skin look smoother too at the time. Or maybe it was because I was using benzaclin and my skin was a weird combo of dry and oily.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I'm pretty sure MOM just helps with oilies since it doesn't have silicone in it.

I use monistat with minerals and it works great. I'm not too sure about how it works with oiles since I was on accutane when I started, but my moisturizer would leave an oily sheen that the primer took care of.

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane , Dimethicone , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica , Tocopherol Acetate , Trisiloxane

Holy hell that's a lot of dimethicone. I'm surprised it doesn't make you guys break out.