Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CursedSkin

Help!!! What can i do to get rid of this!?!?!?!!??!(Pic inside)

i guess this is a cyst...

dsc03193fx5.jpg

whats the best thing to do? Get a cortisone shot? Is there anything over the counter i can use(besides bp which im putting tons on) i heard that hemroid cream can help?

I am so desperate, acne always seems to show up at the worst time. When i was sitting around doing nothing, my skin was fine.

Now that i might be going out in a few weeks, all of a sudden this shows up... :(:evil::evil::evil::evil:

Many on this forum will advise you to get a cortizone shot, however I will not. In my experience (I got something very similar just recently), I have just used DKR and consumed lotsa water, and mine has gone down heaps and has dried up. I'm expecting it to be healed by next week. Keep looking at my thread for updates and photos of mine, if you're not convinced. I'm telling you, forget cortizone shots, forget derms, just for once, TRY sticking with it. I know a lot of people will call you crazy and brave (believe me, I've been called that :rolleyes: ) but this is actually working out for me. I'm assuming that photo is of your nose?

it takes A LOT of time to let it heal with topical meds but it will work. sometimes shots arent guaranteed to make it shrink fast. if you're gonna use a topical med like bp, apply it religiously as directed, wait for a few days for the zit to feel tender and pussy to gently pop, then pop it and continue to treat it with something soothing or w/ the topical med u used to dry it out. :)

do u get cysts and nodules all the time? and in many areas? derms would usually prescribe accutane for that type of acne.

EDIT: many times with big cysts/nodules, i had to do the treating-waiting-popping-treating repeatedly until all the pus have been drained out and the lesion is almost flat.

Hi,

I only have one or two cysts during time of the month, but mine doesnt look like that. Yours isnt red where mine is, but yours is bigger than mine have ever been.

Have you tried your head over some boiling water?

Yes, that is a pic of my nose.

I dont normally get acne like this, its the result of using this topical which contained Retinyl Palmitate a.k.a VITAMIN A!!!!! :evil::evil:

i hate vitamin a, i used a topical vitamin a last year and it caused a bump similar to this on my nose last year, which lasted for a long time.

I think im going to get a cortisone shot...It looks worse in real life than it does in that picture. Its very noticable.

okay, i made a derm appointment this saturday.

My insurance doesnt cover the derm, so its going to run me about $150!!!!!

But desperate times call for desperate measures.

Damn, a freaking pimple is going to cost me $150. I WILL NEVER USE ANOTHER PRODUCT WITH VITAMIN A IN IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

I had one in exactly that place last summer. I left mine alone for a while and it didn't go away. I was desperately putting hot water on it to get it to come to a head, don't do that!!! Mine became twice as large as what you have now and I didn't leave the house for two months! One of my worst cyst stories ever. I wasn't having any luck getting into a derm's office so I would if you can get a shot! Most of my cysts are large than that on average and I'm on tane now.

okay, i made a derm appointment this saturday.

My insurance doesnt cover the derm, so its going to run me about $150!!!!!

But desperate times call for desperate measures.

Damn, a freaking pimple is going to cost me $150. I WILL NEVER USE ANOTHER PRODUCT WITH VITAMIN A IN IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Yea, I would have recommended a shot by a good dermatologist. Hopefully if there's something in there to drain, he'll drain it. As for the cost, when you go in, tell them you don't have insurance and have to pay cash and ask if they have any discount available for paying cash. Sometimes they'll reduce the price because they don't have to do all the paperwork. Good luck.

have you tried buying some cheep asprin and letting it dissolve in a little bit of water and making it into some paste and appling it to your face for about 15 min and rinsing it off then moisurizing? or go to merle norman and get some stuff called miracol. it is a face mask and it is bright pink. it smells pretty bad but it really has helped me with my cystic bumps. it's only $16.00. I try anything before I go to a derm because nothing they have ever gave me has worked.

I used to have cysts like that on my nose 2 or 3 years ago, but a bit bigger. Be glad you didn't squeeze it like I did, now I'm stuck with a permanent (until I find a solution) red bump IN FRONT OF MY GODDAMN NOSE, and a flesh coloured bump on the right side of my nose, and they're BIG. Those damn derms are always busy busy busy, fuck it. Hope he'll find a solution for my problems, and good luck for yours.

I used to have cysts like that on my nose 2 or 3 years ago, but a bit bigger. Be glad you didn't squeeze it like I did, now I'm stuck with a permanent (until I find a solution) red bump IN FRONT OF MY GODDAMN NOSE, and a flesh coloured bump on the right side of my nose, and they're BIG. Those damn derms are always busy busy busy, fuck it. Hope he'll find a solution for my problems, and good luck for yours.

yeah trying to bust them is the worst thing you can do...its best to just let them run its course.

but its hard to leave it alone when its staring at you right in the face!

UPDATE:

Okay, just call this the $150 pimple.... :evil::(

dsc03210ce2.jpg

I just got a cortisone shot(which was painless) and this is how it looked after it.

Now i just have to wait and see how long it is before it goes down.

Its pretty embarrassing to fill out the patient form and write "bump on nose" as the reason youre there, lol.

It does look a little smaller in comparison to five days ago. (The first pic)

No christmas shopping for me this year. :(

THANKS ALOT ACNE!

Ill keep you guys updated.

OMFG THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME WHEN I WAS ON RETIN A! Like I never got that many cysts until I was on Retin A. I have 3 scars from Retin A treatment. OMFG I stoppped it and thank the lord I did. I had sooo many cysts when i was on it!

OMFG THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME WHEN I WAS ON RETIN A! Like I never got that many cysts until I was on Retin A. I have 3 scars from Retin A treatment. OMFG I stoppped it and thank the lord I did. I had sooo many cysts when i was on it!

topical retin a/retinyl palmitate/vitamin a is not for everyone. some people have good results with it, then you have people who just get nothing but cyst from it.

i learned my lesson. i will never use anything with vitamin a as a ingridient ever again!

something about it, i guess the way it brings all of your skins "impurities" to the surface or whatever, cause me to always get these crazy cysts.

this is three days after the cortisone shot. It has definately flattend, there is some discoloration around it...its still visible, but i guess i can live with it for now. i know its going to take a long time to completely go away.

dsc03237an2.jpg

this is three days after the cortisone shot. It has definately flattend, there is some discoloration around it...its still visible, but i guess i can live with it for now. i know its going to take a long time to completely go away.

dsc03237an2.jpg

I'd put some of your sisters or mom's makeup on it if you're going out someplace.. I've used it before when i had special occassions that I didn't want to be embarrassed in.

dsc03237an2.jpg

I'd put some of your sisters or mom's makeup on it if you're going out someplace.. I've used it before when i had special occassions that I didn't want to be embarrassed in.

There's a thread somewhere on men using concealer - some good hints and discussion on how to do it without being obvious that you're using "makeup".

To the photo poster - thanks for posting the photos. It was very interesting to see the progress. I've had a lot of injections. Often they work even better than this, making the cyst go away completely or nearly so. Often they do what yours did, which I always considered a success as well - it turned a big, obvious bright red lump into a MUCH more subtle thing that (a) is not nearly as bothersome (much less self-conscious) and (b) can be concealed a little bit pretty easily. I was always happy to get to that stage, even though it wasn't perfect.

i guess this is a cyst...

dsc03193fx5.jpg

whats the best thing to do? Get a cortisone shot? Is there anything over the counter i can use(besides bp which im putting tons on) i heard that hemroid cream can help?

I am so desperate, acne always seems to show up at the worst time. When i was sitting around doing nothing, my skin was fine.

Now that i might be going out in a few weeks, all of a sudden this shows up... :(:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

try this because it helps...to reduce the swelling put a warm compress on it several times a day.....i know it sounds simple but it helps..it does not make it go away but it speeds up healing a little! good luck..

UPDATE:

dsc03340gyq0.jpg

Guess what guys...After paying 150 bucks to get a cortisone shot, ITS STILL HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dammit i hate this shit so much. This thing is invincible gotdammit!!!!!

Ive thrown everything but the kitchen sink at it, and its still here!

What do i have to do, drop a nuke on it to make it go away! damn!

Im at my wits end. Im convinced that i just have to get it drained or something.

I might just get one of those lancets you guys were talking about and drain it. I can take anymore!

BTW i didnt go out for new years anyway :(

Guess what guys...After paying 150 bucks to get a cortisone shot, ITS STILL HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dammit i hate this shit so much. This thing is invincible gotdammit!!!!!

Ive thrown everything but the kitchen sink at it, and its still here!

What do i have to do, drop a nuke on it to make it go away! damn!

Im at my wits end. Im convinced that i just have to get it drained or something.

I might just get one of those lancets you guys were talking about and drain it. I can take anymore!

BTW i didnt go out for new years anyway :(