Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan

New Page on Acne.org

Thanks for that Dan. I just did the survey. :D I like it. It gives great, thorough, information. :dance: This will help alot of people! :D good job!!!

Great survey, Dan.

One suggestion: For the question, "When did you last tan?," it doesn't apply to me, so perhaps a "No" option could be added?

Cool, I got the personal advice! So informative.

1. Ya, the 'tanning' question, I needed to choose "Never"!

2. Why there is no question regarding redmarks?

3. Should I be asked about my cultural background, i.e. Asian?

4. Do we need to provide info about 'how long" have we been suffering acne?

ooh just did it! thanks tis good! a lot of the answers I already knew since been on the boards a while but really good for people when they first find the org!

it told me to give up dairy though - I'll never give up my dairy!!!! :hand:;)

thank you for developing that.... I'm sure it will help a lot of people.... I have a few suggestions though:

wayyyyyyyyy too many questions on diet. I understand that some people think diet and acne is related, but it shouldn't be the main focus on advice for acne!

also, being a woman doesn't make my acne hormonal.... as the "advice" seems to point to.

and lastly, my make up (mineral) is GOOD for my skin and helps my acne, so a follow up question like "is your make up mineral or other" should be asked instead of immediatly saying that make up can cause acne.

I think the "use cosmetics" question could be modified to distinguish between cosmetic use on areas that won't break out (eyelids/lips) vs. cosmetics that are actually on acne-prone skin...there's a pretty big difference between usually wearing just mascara and lip gloss and having a full face of foundation, powder, blush, etc.

Perhaps some questions about the locations of facial acne would be helpful? I know you already have one question that gets at this idea about localized acne, so maybe you could just list more possible causes in that advice blurb, whatever makes most sense. Acne on the forehead can be from bangs, acne around the sides of your face from shampoos or hair products, mouth acne from fluoride toothpastes, you know, rather common problem areas.

and lastly, my make up (mineral) is GOOD for my skin and helps my acne, so a follow up question like "is your make up mineral or other" should be asked instead of immediatly saying that make up can cause acne.

Even mineral makeup can aggravate acne in some people, so I think mentioning that makeup has the potential to cause problems is fine.

I think there needs to be an option under the type of acne for people who get mainly inflamed pimples (papules & pustules) and little to no whiteheads & blackheads. I have no whiteheads, very few blackheads, but mild to moderate inflamed acne.

Very cool, but, there needs to be a "never" option at the question regarding your next mensis. I mean if I have another one I will kill someone! :surprised:

Great survey, Dan.

One suggestion: For the question, "When did you last tan?," it doesn't apply to me, so perhaps a "No" option could be added?

yup i was thinkin' the same. noticed a couple typo's too :P

Hey dan, i really liked that survey because all the answers it gave me back were very accurate to what i should do or have been doing. very well done. i'm going to send this to a friend of mine since it gives VERY solid building blocks to start getting rid of acne.

just fyi, not picking a fight here, but someone in this thread said that the survey focuses a lot on diet and acne and it was unnecessary? the reply said something like that. anyway, all the topic you covered are dead on for diet. before i did the paleo diet i was telling you that i was eating a ton of sushi and thats when i had acne on my back. and the paleo diet is 100% effective im my case and yours too i believe so...everything you talked about with diet is all true and people should try doing those things to help with their acne. great job dan

Ok, thanks. I'll get with Joel tomorrow if possible and make the suggested changes.

Where are the typos!? Please tell me stuff like that. I hayte typoss.

this statement (personal advice) appears twice in mine:

# Acne and genetics are strongly linked. If your mother and father had acne, chances are very good that you will as well. If one parent or grandparent had acne, your chances are still pretty good that you will develop a problem. The great news is that we have much more advanced ways of handling acne than we had in previous generations.

I'm trying to relax after vigorous studying and testing so I'll definately do it when I'm not so lazy. :D Thanks Dan.