Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My acne is not do to my hygene, or what not, cause I wash my face, I use lotion and I use a mask, acne still there, Doctor had me on pills to clean my system, acne still there, Doctor decided it was cause of my Over Active Hormones producing so much oil, He prescribed acutane, didn't go for it, too many side effects don't want to be another statistic to acutane, but I did find something out that didn't truely clear me up, but it's no where as bad as it was... Sex... I found that when I was in my last relationship, me and my g/f had sex at the least 3 times a week.... I started clearing up after about two weeks into the "hot and heavey part of the relationship... After we broke up, the sex slowed to a stop for the last month and now, the acne is back in full swing, it sux... I am not telling people to go out, and have sex with people just cause they feel as if it might work... But hey, it's a win win situation for me, but not all people are the same..

I can tell you one thing, no one here is ever going to think you have acne because of bad hygiene. We all know that has nothing to do with it biggrin.gif

Your problem sounds mainly stress caused.. because of all the sex, you had no stress or anxiety.. Its opposite with me.. If I recieve no sex or masturbate in a week.. I clear up.. so Im holding off the jerk sessions for a while.. Im a follower of Christ now temporarily.. lol

man this always makes me paranoid. half of the world says sex/masturbation causes acne, the other says it doesn't. so i'm confused and i don't know which to believe.

if it *is* a rumor, then it's one of the more believable ones since there is an obvious connection between sex/testosterone/hormones which we know is a main cause of acne.

for now, i'm 100% clear off my regimen for once in my life, and i am scared to test it cause i don't wanna ruin a good thing. so just in case, i try to keep the snake in the pants most of the time.

BUT

the on the other hand, tayrayuf makes a great point which i have wondered myself at times. sex/masturbation is a huge stress/tension reliever, which could HELP in theory. maybe stress and cortisol has a play in acne.

but if you're walking around extremely horny all the time, that makes me think your testosterone levels are high to make you feel that way, which is a hormone problem in itself. maybe if you just released the stress every now and then, your testosterone levels would go down?

frustrating not knowing though.

Well I was almost clear when I wasn't masturbating and now that I am again, it's all come back horrible. I guess I'll try stopping again starting now... Wish me luck...

Nicefellow:: good luck man.. Mine stayed whether I rubbed one out or not. I'm not a generally stressed person, so I don't think that had any effect on me. Good luck to you and your ventures! It'll be tough!

I can honestly say that masturbating only once a week has helped cleared me.. its not a coincidence.. I notice if that I masturbate twice in one day.. I will develope pimples.. so It definetly plays with your hormones and its also good to keep it down for self-control and a stronger libido.

i cannot even imagine beating off 2 times a day! i don't think i've ever done that, and i'm 23! been through the "horny teens" already. if i am particularly randy, i will do it as much as once a week.

i think when i was like 18 or so man i was the horniest thing on this planet. i would do it every day if i remember correctly.

i suppose i could test the theory and go at it every day for a while, but i wouldn't want to test it really and i don't think i have enough motivation to do it so much.

now, sex.. give me a hottie and i will have sex 2 times a day, no problem. my hand just isn't as appealing anymore i guess. sad.gif

but my weenie was there for me in the times i needed it. we've gone through the thick and the thin. the hand and the poontang. a blowup doll. a watermelon.. haha.. i'm just kidding. i think i saw a picture of a guy banging some sort of fruit once.