Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oakes55555

can a pediatrician prescribe accutane

just wondering if a pediatrician can prescribe accutane. Hes my good friend too, more then just doctor he was my soccer coach for 10 years and I am really good friends with his son and him. Also I am 23 and still go to him don't know if thats wierd but whatever hes a great doctor.

that reminds me of that episode of friends where ross still goes to his pediatrician, lol.

anyway, yes. they can prescribe accutane, as long as they are registered with ipledge.

iPLEDGE is a very restrictive risk management program to prevent pregnancies. it's basically a set of steps you have to do every month in order to get your medication. you need to sign forms, see your doctor every 30 days, get a preg test every 30 days, pledge to use two forms of birth control (they will be entered into the iPLEDGE system), take a quiz online every month about birth control, and get your prescription filled within 7 days of seeing the doctor. if you don't do all of these steps or there is a problem, iPLEDGE will lock you out of your prescription and you will have to wait a month without treatment.

even if you are a guy you need to be registered in the iPLEDGE system, you don't need to take preg tests or do the birth control quiz though, obviously.

damn thats lame so what does a guy have to do on this site each month???? ipledge sound like bullshit it seems a few shitty docs have ruined it for the good ones.....

damn thats lame so what does a guy have to do on this site each month???? ipledge sound like bullshit it seems a few shitty docs have ruined it for the good ones.....

men don't have to do anything on the site, the doctor takes care of it, we just have to make sure we keep our appointments every 30 days and get are prescription filled on time.

it's such a stupid program, but you have to go through it to take accutane.

Thanks bro, I did a round of tane when I was about 15 but the last three years my acnes been creeping up on me like a drunk kid at a party that I dont want to talk to and niether will go away. So here we go again and I would go to the same person I got the accutane from first but different location now. january I get insurance again I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!