Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WhyImIDoingThis

Proactiv Solution - Is It Worth It?

Alright, like I stated in 1 or two of my posts, my acne isnt that bad, then again, it isn't that good either :(

Even if I get 1,2, or even 3 major breakouts in a month, I still feel weird about myself. Trying to hide myself from the outside world. That's how self conscious I am about myself...

I was just thinking of trying out the ever-so-popular "Proactiv". My question is, Is it worth it? I've visited the site, read everything possible on it, and it says it does work wonders for the skin. But clearly states that it varies from person to person.

I want some opinions from people about this. Whether it's right for me. I don't mind spending the money needed for a couple of months.

And if anyone does use the solution, how is it working out for you? How fast are the results, if any? Thank you in advance. :clap:

well i used proactiv about a year ago. unfortunately, i dont remember if my skin improved much, but i do remember that it dried it out. now, several different products later, im trying it again (this time using plenty of moisturizer). i plan to try it for a week or two and if it doesn't start clearing up, then im going to move on for good. i'll let you know how well it works for me.

Well, I was on it for about 4 years and my results were just so-so.

Now I'm on dan's reg and drinking ACV (apple cider vinegar)

and it's working much better for me than proactive did. It took about

a month to see results with proactive, but I've been on my new

regime for about a week and have already seen a significant change.

Why don't you try it for a couple of months to see, it might work wonders for you!

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

I did it for about 4 weeks then stopped. The cleanser is TOO harsh and felt like i was rubbing sandpaper on my face twice a day. Also the toner irritated me I think. I wouldnt waste the money, honestly.

i used proactive constantly for 6 months and saw very little improvement. My dermatologist said that its best for small acne cases. you know the ad w/ Jessica Simpson? acne like that.

Guest lookingforsunlight

Well, I tried it about a year ago.....and I have mild acne. I didn't really see any amazing results from it, and I don't really think it's worth it, but your skin is different than mine and everyone elses so if you want to try it for just a month or two...I say go for it. That way you'll really know whether you've found what works for you or not. :dance: