Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So my mom looks at my skin today... And she says "I know you dont want to hear this, but you have alot of scars on your face, you should look into getting them peeled off with a chemical peel or something, because they won't go away."

I didn't think they were that noticable...

And i thought they'd heal by themselves!

:cry:

IM so sick of this, my skin finally stops breaking out thanks to accutane, but now im stuck with scars and redmarks and all this shit... its never guna end for me :cry:

And I can't get a STUPID ass chemical peel because i still have 2 months left of tane

Don't be sick. I'm sorry, but your mom actually was kinda telling the truth. Your scars may take time to fade away. But you won't be stuck with them forever; that's a very long time. You only have to wait six months after the two months for you to be able to get a chemical peel or laser. Than it will all be over. You should be so happy that Accutane worked for you! Your on the right path.

Everything will work out. It's begun already if you have stopped getting acne.

:)

Yeesh, that's a pretty harsh thing for your mom to say to you.

I know how it feels to have scars and redmarks though. At least you have no acne. They probably look worse cause you're on accutane. I'm sure they'll get better after you get off it.:comfort:

For someone who supposively has bad skin, you sure take a lot of flicks with some pretty Hot females. How do you do it? :think:

Stay Strong...

I know, we all know, redmarks suck!

yes they dooo!

Don't be sick. I'm sorry, but your mom actually was kinda telling the truth. Your scars may take time to fade away. But you won't be stuck with them forever; that's a very long time. You only have to wait six months after the two months for you to be able to get a chemical peel or laser. Than it will all be over. You should be so happy that Accutane worked for you! Your on the right path.

Everything will work out. It's begun already if you have stopped getting acne.

:)

i guess im on the right path... I hope

Yeesh, that's a pretty harsh thing for your mom to say to you.

I know how it feels to have scars and redmarks though. At least you have no acne. They probably look worse cause you're on accutane. I'm sure they'll get better after you get off it.:comfort:

thanks zippo! i hope to god your right

For someone who supposively has bad skin, you sure take a lot of flicks with some pretty Hot females. How do you do it? :think:

by not being interested in them, lol ;)

I think your mom was trying to help out. But like others have said after accutane your scars should be better since your skin is very thin right now ;)

What does your mom know? You have 2 months left of accutane. And you can't have any intensive scar procedures done for six months after. Your battle is not over yet...why are you even getting upset, saying it will never end? You have two months left of tane and loads more time for the marks to heal and scars to fade. Then you can start getting down on yourself again and maybe consider procedures.

So my mom looks at my skin today... And she says "I know you dont want to hear this, but you have alot of scars on your face, you should look into getting them peeled off with a chemical peel or something, because they won't go away."

I didn't think they were that noticable...

And i thought they'd heal by themselves!

:cry:

IM so sick of this, my skin finally stops breaking out thanks to accutane, but now im stuck with scars and redmarks and all this shit... its never guna end for me :cry:

And I can't get a STUPID ass chemical peel because i still have 2 months left of tane

Don't call your mom a female dog. At least she is straight up about it. I'd rather have her say that than say, "oh those scars are hardly noticeable, no one sees them" and then find out later that you like like a pancake. Case closed.

:ninja:

hey just live. "Nobody Cares" about minor scarring and what not. just live today and who cares. Besides some scars do get better after tane, so time will only tell.

I've been trying real hard to obtain this sort of mindset

<333333

red marks suck :wall:

indeeeed

I think your mom was trying to help out. But like others have said after accutane your scars should be better since your skin is very thin right now ;)

her intentions were good, but it really backfired lol

What does your mom know? You have 2 months left of accutane. And you can't have any intensive scar procedures done for six months after. Your battle is not over yet...why are you even getting upset, saying it will never end? You have two months left of tane and loads more time for the marks to heal and scars to fade. Then you can start getting down on yourself again and maybe consider procedures.

yea, but this seems like forever

Don't call your mom a female dog. At least she is straight up about it. I'd rather have her say that than say, "oh those scars are hardly noticeable, no one sees them" and then find out later that you like like a pancake. Case closed.

:ninja:

i dont actually think my mom's a bitch lol, we're very close, i just didnt appreciate the harsh reality, and took it out on her... plus i think i'd rather hear the "oh those scars aren't bad"

I should learn to accept myself, not be told I need more procedures and more medications etc.

I dont need to hear that I'm too skinny, too this, too that

I dont need to be analyzed by my friends and my family

I want to get out from under this "microscope"

now do you see why i took this so hard?

Your mom might have thought she was being helpful, but over time your scars and red marks will fade without an invasive procedure. I think she could have handled herself a little differently than she did.

Dude you knew how long your course was going to be, stop bitching about it being forever. Your acne goes away you have marks. Accutane makes your skin thin and scars more apparent, they will fade when you're done.

Until then keep a positive attitude and be realistic.

rightok, i appreciate the 'get ahold of yourself' the slap in the face, but it isnt going to happen, im going through alot of shit and a positive attitude isnt realistic

i'll just wallow in my sorrow, thanks

There are better ways of saying "it's not that bad" than "get over it you pussy."

Support from acne is what we aiming for in this forum. Thanks!

That WASN'T a slap in the face. You started a treatment, you knew (or should have) about what you were facing, and now you're letting remarks from your mother, who clearly doesn't know what accutane is all about because she's recommending you get scar procedures, make you feel the need to call her a bitch. If you can't be positive at least be realistic, it will get better.

dude your acne is gone thanks to accutane, be happy that it worked for you! it doesn't work for everyone!. fuk the redmarks they will fade plus theres plenty of stuff out there you can do to help with redmarks/scarring just look around the forums. i think your mums just trying to help, i know i'd prefer it if my parents told me the truth anyways.

Guest Locked In Grace

Accutane slows healing and thins the epidermis, scars will appear worse at this stage. Once you have the Accutane out of your system, the Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (red marks) will fade considerably faster.

I understand that you're feeling low at present, but perspective is a very practical tool. Acne causes scars, the best way to avoid scarring is to remove acne, and prevent its recurrence, and that's exactly what you're doing.

Take a psychological step back, realise that you are on the right track, and don't listen to your Mother regarding acne and scarring again. Negativity will only weaken you.

i think dogde just wanted to vent. it's okay, let the anger out lol.

just stay positive b/c IT WILL get better.

we know more about acne then our parents. you should of said mom... stfu i know what to do about it :D.

Wow, what a completely ignorant thing for your mom to say.

A chemical peel won't do a thing for scars. It might help with RED MARKS, which are NOT scars, but it won't do anything for real scars.

A chemical peel won't do a thing for scars. It might help with RED MARKS, which are NOT scars, but it won't do anything for real scars.

I think some people think that scars are the easiest thing to get rid of, when the fact is, they're not. You can spend a lot of time and money trying to fix them, and really see no results.:wall:

I think some people think that scars are the easiest thing to get rid of, when the fact is, they're not. You can spend a lot of time and money trying to fix them, and really see no results.:wall:

Yeah. A lot of people on these boards I notice like to call redmarks "scars". It gets confusing sometimes.

I've already estimated i'll end up spending around $10,000 just to fix my scars. And even then, there is no guarantee i'll get results.