Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soadfan1

Getting the runs from eating so much fruit n veg

Topic title says it all, as my previous diet spots have stated I eat anything from 5 to 10 pieces opf fruit a day and a lot of veg including cucumbers.

However sometimeas I find that I gert the runs from this.

I dont think its illness since I dont unwell at all.

I was just a bit concerned that having the dioreah would negate all the vitamins and minerals that i'm eating, or will some of them still get absorbed by the body?

-Rob

Limit fruits to 4-5 a day, try to get more soluble fiber in your diet as well, and eat some fermented foods like kefir, plain yogurt or sauerkraut. Could be not enough good bacteria in your gut, could be the excessive fruit intake. I don't think the vegetables are doing it unless they're contaminated.

I think I should be eating a few bananas as well. as I said I dont think its inless runs because I dont feel ill. Would I still be absorbing some of the vitamins and minerals from the fruit though?

-Rob

Possibly, but you're still flushing out electrolytes and other things you need. Get some organic yogurt ASAP!

I heard diareha was from your body not getting enough nutrients. I know its caused by the colon not absorbing the water properly, interesting topic haha

yup I used to get massive water poo comming out of my butt when I used to be a health food freak. Eating really healthy does help to make the overall appearance of the skin look good but never really cleared me up.

Possibly, but you're still flushing out electrolytes and other things you need. Get some organic yogurt ASAP!

Yes, diarrhea can be somewhat dangerous. It can be dehydrating and it strips the body of needed nutrients, as R.S. said.

Please keep yourself healthy.

I get diarrhea quite freqnetly and it always concerns my doctors.

Really new guy and soadfan, please go out and buy organic yogurt, kefir, or a probiotics supplement. The fact that you are both getting a lot of diarrhea makes it seem pretty evident that you guys don't have enough good bacteria in your gut and things have gone awry.

RS is giving you guys good advice.

Probiotics cure diarrhea so often it's amazing.

1. Order a good quality probiotic like Probiotics Plus or Flora Source (search for them on Google).

2. Reduce your fruit and veggie intake. Some people require more fruits and veggies while others require less. If you are eating too much fiber (fruits and veggies) for your individual body, you will have an increased number of bowel movements per day and possibly diarrhea. Modify your fiber intake until you are having 2-3 bowel movements per day.

Buy some good sauerkraut. Every city I have ever been to there are farmers markets year round or the equivalent. Get some homemade sauerkraut if you like, it probably has less salt.

Don't get expensive probiotics unless you are really defecient in it. The amount of organisms in those things is overkill IMO. A good quality sauerkraut, yoghurt, or the like will give you all you need.

Blackbirdbeatle, did you what the ratio of what's in a probiotics pill to what's in your intestines is? There's like... 4 billion organisms in a few capsules, and 800 trillion in your intestines.

If he has diarhea and it's not food poisoning, it sounds like he's pretty deficient.

Its funny you say the fiber intake is different for everyone because its sooo true

My diet consists of a ridiculous amount of fiber and I take probiotics and triphala and I still occasionally have trouble going!

R.S: I recommended the triphala to my friend that was having incredibly horrible bowel movements, were talking a week per movement. Shes been taking it (so she says, who knows) 2 pills a day twice a day, and she said its not working.

But then again who knows if shes really consistant with it everyday, I just find it unbelievable when she tells me its not working... maybe she needs a couple months

The rule of thumb is to never eat fruits on an empty stomach.

Why is this? I thought thats how you were suppose to eat fruits because it digests so quickly