Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kanmi

Just can't stop crying right now

If chemical meds isn't your thing. Look into homeopathic medicines. Acupuncture, massage therapy, yoga groups, mushrooms, etc. Occupy yourself with productive hobbies like gardening. My shrink said growing plants is a wonderful healing experience because you have something to wake up to everyday and see the growth of your labour. If you have a backyard, I would consider going to Home Depot, OSH, etc and have them teach you about gardening.

Surround yourself with positive people which means away from these scums on acne.org because you won't get anywhere exchanging selfpitying diatribes. Usually your city's community center should offer night classes or activities you can participate in such as weaving, bingo, painting, dancing, etc. A lot of these people may not be of your age, and may seem a lot older. However, once you're drawn in these activities, the communal aura of sincerity and warmth will heal you. Put away your ego, go out and be part of the community.

You won't feel any better asking for advice on acne.org because the forum itself is a poisonous blackhole. You think these people understand you because they're going through the same thing you are. But they really don't. They really don't care about you. I don't care about you. You're living in a fantasy if you really think someone who replies to your thread gives a shit about you. Only you know yourself. What I just told you is what my Ivy League shrink told me so if you're looking for an "expert" advice. There it is.

hm.. That was a bit depressing though. I think a lot of the people here have some type of concern for one another because either they actually care or for the reason that they also want support themselves. I think maybe you're concentrating too much on seeing yourself through other people and not through yourself. I agree with the people who mentioned that it doesn't seem that your scars or your acne are a problem. I also think you look quite nice. ::Dances with Miss Kanmi:: As othrs have also mentioned, it is better to try to take care of the acne first before becomming concerned with any scarring, especially if you're still taking acctuane.

They're not going to be able to help me. They never could. I've been to at least 20 different therapists/psychologists in the past and they were all a waste of money.

You're right. Only you can help you. one day something will change and you'll come out of it. You just have to get through this part. :wub:

Jaymi, number 1 i still got zits my final month, and my skin still wasn't so good. now 4+ months after my skin is good, when it looked like there was no hope.

2nd off, its just acne, theres people out there whose faces have been completely destroyed in accidents and what not. Accutane is just doinjg its job, your skin will improve the most in the months following tane. Just give it time and be patient.

Like I said,people have really had their faces fucked up in accidents and what not, and they had their faces fixed via surgical procedures. So if they were able to get that damage done, im sure you'll be able to easily get any minor little things left over from accutane fixed down the road.

Just be positive.

Guest Sincerely_Me

The thing is Kanmi, the point of a therapist is not to help you, it's to help you help yourself...and some people are looking for a miracle, but nothing is a miracle like that.

I do believe you need a therapist because they do help people, and they will help you, but I think you're a lot like me, which is why it may not be doing the trick. And you can't dispose of them after just a few sessions, progress takes time.

If you have insurance, or health insurance at least, it should cover psychiatrists and psychologists. If not, you need to talk to your parents and you need to find a new company.

A journey of a thosand miles begins with one step.

People have to believe truely deep in their hearts believ that they are capable of change. I see so many peopl ei here saying that they can't and it saddens me cause I know we all can, but it doesn't matter if I believe it, what count sis if you personally believe it. I'll reassure all of you as much as I can, but we area ll capable of change.

Kanmi, you are beautiful, and I know how you feel :( Your skin is ten times better than mine though. I have lots of red marks and am embarrased to go outside. YOu WILL get past this though. And I'm hoping I will too... some peopel clear up AFTER taking accutane, you never know, just try to keep up hope.

Kanmi, you are beautiful, and I know how you feel :( Your skin is ten times better than mine though. I have lots of red marks and am embarrased to go outside. YOu WILL get past this though. And I'm hoping I will too... some peopel clear up AFTER taking accutane, you never know, just try to keep up hope.

I honestly wish I only had redmarks.

I hope you feel better soon kanmi! And your skin is really not that bad, but I understand how frustrated you feel because I feel the same way over my skin. Acne really sucks indeed!! Cheer up, you're gorgeous.. one day all of your acne and scars will be gone, you'll see. Just hang in there. :)

kanmi, do you have insurance?

Yes.

Money problem? Get a job. Face problem? Stop stressing and get Xanax. Depression problem? Get anti-depressants. Depressants arent working? Up the dose.

Already told you, I can't get a job, I can't go outside. And i'm not going to take any pills. I don't want to be dependent on pills for the rest of my life. Or ever. Xanax is what low lifes take to get fucked up.

It took guts to write this but, here goes nothing.........

If you took an anti depressent, get it from a psycholigist, and you wont become dependent. It will get you through the tough times, and once you have somewhat of a social life, apply make-up well, you may not be so obsessed. You are very pretty, and I hate to say this but make the most of now. I dont you to regret it later. Noone is perfect, some people are flawless on the outside, but very shallow on the inside. Guys really want a nice gal, the only reason they say stuff on here is because they are obsessed themselves and sick of it themselves.

I notice a lot of good looking guys with real fat chicks, here and everwhere. This tells me they would prefer a woman of integrity, who is comfortable with themselves, and has a good personality, and realizes the "model types" are sometimes quite shallow, and only think about themselves.

I mean your perfect idea of a man is OK. But what if he took up all the bathroom time and kept looking in the mirror admiring himself, only talked about himself and how he is the best.

Most good guys go for alot more, take it from me, I think my husband liked me better before all this.

Trouble on the dark side here........

And I have not changed a bit in personality. If so I am more insecure.

I see lots of beautiful gals with scarring, and they are with beautiful men.

Get a guy a bit older, they see you for the whole package, and yours is just fine.

But don't stereo type them as well, once you click, you click.....so go out more, and Hee, hee, if a guy has some muscle and you discard him, (I know you dont like that), but test it out. Perfection is nothing compared with shared interests and things, and just plain old trying to fit in to yourself right now.

I hope I have been of help, because being scar-free is not the answer to totally happiness with a man, or with yourself.

So, I fixed most of it, and look better, but I have other more important issues.

Take some time out to read something, for others like : "Suzannes Diary For Nicholas", by James Patterson.

I am not as bad, but I worry........read it.

Sure my issues are like yours, were, and still the same I dont know if I will ever feel good about myself, but I feel lucky for tomorrow.........

Read the book Kanmi.......and be thankful for your health, and just keep on using make-up to your advantage, even "perfect" people wear more than us.......

The 5 balls, name them whatever you like, some bounce back others dont.

I remember being the hospital many times, too many to count, noone believed me then my heart rate took off so bad, they had a hard time bringing it down I amlost died, they had to use the "cart".

Well I lived through a heart attack, (no I dont like to bring it up), I am doing this just for you.

Others please dont speak of it or Pm me, unless you have similiar.........

Please feel happy, like in the book, I feel lucky for tomorrow, and hope I wake up fine.

I hope I helped somewhat, but I will feel exposed for bearing my soul, but I read your posts, and I just tried to put things in perspective. You can hide your scars, you can wear makeup to bed under BP. YOU can do whatever you like. But you cant change your health.

Anybody who reads this..this movie was on tv, my friend bought it for me but it will not come before Feb/07.

Anyone who would like do do me a favor if you can find it I will like it NOW. Please PM me..........

Back to Kamni,

try to live in the meantime, you don't know what lies around the corner........take it from me please, cause I know........just learn to use make-up for now to your advantage, and take one step at a time.

All I can say.....

Kanmi, im only 13 and my acne is severe enough for me to be scared of what will happen for me in the future. Youre not alone in with your pain, alot of ppl are suffering the same as you or even greater than you. Im afraid i will waste my teenage years of fun from acne.....i really am

Thank you so much Betty for bearing your soul to me, and thank you for your advice. I will look the book up, I promise. :angel:

Kanmi, im only 13 and my acne is severe enough for me to be scared of what will happen for me in the future. Youre not alone in with your pain, alot of ppl are suffering the same as you or even greater than you. Im afraid i will waste my teenage years of fun from acne.....i really am

i just went to my family doctor today and he said i shouldnt be on Accutane yet. But instead he gave me these other antibiotics which i dunno the name of... and yeah i really want to enjoy my teenage years even with acne because your teenage years is what you will look back to when you grow up. Time seems to pass by so quickly and my acne hasnt improved a bit. Sometimes i wonder why acne chose me and when i look at my friends clear foreheads im so jealous i just want to be alone. The doctor said ill have to wait 4-6 months to finish the treatment and i cant wait that long. Everyday i find myself checking the mirror more often and i feel obsessed. When i asked my doctor if i should go to a derm or not he said even if i go to a derm the medicine they give me will be the same and that it doesnt really matter. Im lost...

i just went to my family doctor today and he said i shouldnt be on Accutane yet. But instead he gave me these other antibiotics which i dunno the name of... and yeah i really want to enjoy my teenage years even with acne because your teenage years is what you will look back to when you grow up. Time seems to pass by so quickly and my acne hasnt improved a bit. Sometimes i wonder why acne chose me and when i look at my friends clear foreheads im so jealous i just want to be alone. The doctor said ill have to wait 4-6 months to finish the treatment and i cant wait that long. Everyday i find myself checking the mirror more often and i feel obsessed. When i asked my doctor if i should go to a derm or not he said even if i go to a derm the medicine they give me will be the same and that it doesnt really matter. Im lost...

Aww, I'm so sorry your skin is bad and you're only 13... you don't deserve that, anybody don't, but such a young age...

You shouldn't feel lost, though, because actually you did something to solve the problem. The treatments that your doctor gave you would be the same of a derm, I agree with that, so just be positive and try them out for the time they say you. Why wouldn't they work? You never know if you don't try, and if they don't work the best, in some time the doctor will give you Accutane (now maybe you are a bit too young)...

So don't stress about it. You have done what you were supposed to, now relax, put your treatments on as they told you, and have fun.

I really liked your message because I'd want to think like you, I mean don't care about acne, and having fun anyway, because it's true, when you will remember young times and the fun you had, it will be beautiful...

Kanmi,

I know how you feel, as you are afraid Accutane won't work, but I honestly tell you that I used to break out even on my 4th month... I completely cleared up only AFTER having finished the course, in the next 2 months...

Don't let it take away your smile... I know it's hard, but this WILL work, just have faith... And remember that most cases need a second time (so your situation is normal), and that's the one... most cases after the 2nd course are completely cured, or much much improved (like getting 1 pimple at month), so just don't give up and try to be positive...

i agree with everyone else... you're very pretty. i bet if you went out you would have no prob finding someone. you look so beautiful when you smile.