Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
persiandudepf

Im not Ignorant, im just TIRED OF HOLISTIC CRAP!

Ok, let me begin by saying Im very gullible and becuase of this I tried EVERYTHING. For two months I wasted my time with Holistics and alternative sciences.

What a mistake.

I stopped using all chemical products and cut out all the unhealthy stuff. I took a one week juice fast. I took a week of colonal ENEMA's for fucks sake and it hasnt worked. I used pretty much every herb. I tried colloidal silver, acidophilus, and herbs. I stayed away from tap water. I didnt microwave foods. I read Natural Cures THEY dont want you to know about (complete SHIT!). I ate stool softeners, laxatives, and colon cleansers. I took a hole detox regimen. I bought an EBOOK! that said ACNE FREE IN 3 DAYS and ate nothing but apples for 3 day straight. I rubbed all these weird oils into my skin.

NONE OF THESE WORKED!

how can you people honestly keep advertising you products when you know they fail? You prey on the hopes of gullible people and leach of their wallets and detract from their comfort. Ill tell you one thing, ENEMAS SUCK!

but i tried them and now at least i could put it behind as i take month 2 of accutane.

best thing is, i dont even need to maintain a diet. One month of tane including the initial breakout did better than all those things i tried.

Save your money, your time, and dont buy into this shit.

As I said, im not ignorant, PROVE TO ME THAT HOLISTICS WORK. becuase I wish they did. Give me some pics of before and after holistic treatment and enlighten us, im probally gullible enough into believing that those are really you and becuase of what you say anyways.

Ok, let me begin by saying Im very gullible and becuase of this I tried EVERYTHING. For two months I wasted my time with Holistics and alternative sciences.

What a mistake.

I stopped using all chemical products and cut out all the unhealthy stuff. I took a one week juice fast. I took a week of colonal ENEMA's for fucks sake and it hasnt worked. I used pretty much every herb. I tried colloidal silver, acidophilus, and herbs. I stayed away from tap water. I didnt microwave foods. I read Natural Cures THEY dont want you to know about (complete SHIT!). I ate stool softeners, laxatives, and colon cleansers. I took a hole detox regimen. I bought an EBOOK! that said ACNE FREE IN 3 DAYS and ate nothing but apples for 3 day straight. I rubbed all these weird oils into my skin.

NONE OF THESE WORKED!

how can you people honestly keep advertising you products when you know they fail? You prey on the hopes of gullible people and leach of their wallets and detract from their comfort. Ill tell you one thing, ENEMAS SUCK!

but i tried them and now at least i could put it behind as i take month 2 of accutane.

best thing is, i dont even need to maintain a diet. One month of tane including the initial breakout did better than all those things i tried.

As I said, im not ignorant, PROVE TO ME THAT HOLISTICS WORK. becuase I wish they did. Give me some pics of before and after holistic treatment and enlighten us, im probally gullible enough into believing that those are really you and becuase of what you say anyways.

I totally agree that most holistic stuff out there is horrible. I also can't believe that some people will sell you that crap and tell you that it works. Because 99% of the stuff simply doesn't work.

However, I have also gone down the holistic path, but I found success. It took me over 5 years of research and experimentation, but I came out the other side with completely clear skin. I'm going to post some before and after pictures soon to show everyone and especially people like you who are skeptical that natural health techniques can completely clear your skin.

I'll post them within the next few days.

One needs moderation even in the cures you try

You did too many things at one time, haven't been consistent with them (in my experience 5-6 months are necessary to resettle the body and have stressed the body with too much of this or that

Remember that tane works only for 80% of individuals so nothing works for everybody

The only way is experimenting and the best way to experiment is to choose one approach and stick with it for long enough not making a stressful mess with all kind of cures, products, approaches and so on

Of course it's not only a matter of what works better but also what is less harmful long term for the body

Your interest in holistic medicine should go beyond whether it works quickly or not, the difference about industrial pharms is that they may appear to work quickly but at an expense

Holistic medicine is more individualized than allopathic medicine as such it's less easy to find something that works for you. Allopathic medicine is for lazy brains but holistic medicine require one (maybe for the first time in his or her life) to think for himself or herself, to put some effort in thinking that goes way beyond learning by heart what you read in a school textbook

Remember also that just because you tried something from people who just cared about your money that doesn't mean you have tried everything, tried the right non-hoax things, the right approach or stumbled upon what might work for you. If you go out looking for truffles in the woods and you can't find them, it doesn't mean they don't exist or truffles are a myth ...

I'm TIRED OF ALL THIS MEDICAL CRAP.. I did every single medical treatment available to no avail! I took about 15 different creams that burned my skin to hell, benzoil peroxide, acid this, acid that, all bullshit. Over the counter creams, I took them all, wow those companies are really trying to screw me over. Wow, I even did the damn proactive and then I took pills... antibiotics that a dermatologist prescribe! And that didn't even work!

So THEN i did Accutane for 3 months (or was it 6, I would have to check my medical records) on the strong dose! Wow what a mind job that was, it screwed up my body so bad, I still felt the side effects a year later.

I did all these things and my acne just came back, worse every time.

Now, I finally went down the holistic path, researching everything I could, finding out why certain things work, and why others don't. I found out WHY the remedies worked for some people, and had absolutely no effect on others. Then I built my own personal remedy from the things that were the most efficient for me. And I now see more results with the holistic method than any other method before.

Save your time, your money, don't buy into the medical shit.

PROVE TO ME THAT IT WORKS, I'D LIKE TO TALK TO PEOPLE WHO DID ACCUTANE AND SEE HOW THEY ARE DOING 2-3 YEARS LATER. (Not immediately after, give it 1-2 years)

Usually I don't post in this tone of voice, but I'm sure anyone with half a brain will understand why I did.

Boy, sounds like you did a lot of focusing on the colon. Sounds like you got sucked into a lot of the stuff that indeed IS crap, too, like the 3 day apple diet.

Sorry to say though but with all your stuff you merely touched one piece of the entire holistic health puzzle, which is to say it's pretty ignorant of you to stereotype/generalize an entire thing because you got a taste of it.

Did any of those sites/methods/e-books cite any scientific references to back its claim?

Here is a site that uses scientific references that uses human biochemistry to come to its theory on how diet is related to acne.

There is nothing to buy, no money to spend, just science to build facts on.

Good Luck.

I agree that holistic medicine is a load of crap. Medicines have to be officially approved as safe and effective. There are no safeguards to make sure holistic medicine is effective or even safe. People assume that "chemicals" are bad and "natural" is safe but this isn't necessarily so. There was a lot of publcity a few years ago that parabens (evil nasty chemicals) might disrupt people's hormones but after loads of research they were shown to be safe. More recently lavender and tea tree oil (lovely natural and safe) were shown to disrupt the hormones of young boys. If people who fall for every new "holistic" remedy want to put hose pipes up their bums and drink their piss that's up to them but personally I'm sticking to a healthy lifestyle and medicines that are proved safe and effective.

Holistic remedies bugs me. Well more the connotations behind the name bugs me. Regardless of what anyone says you can't convince me that there are more snake oil peddelers in mainstream medecine than alternative medicine. It's astounding to hear people say how docs are quacks and they only want money by putting you on all these things. Well that may be true in some cases but what about the super detoxing colonoscopy that gets rid of cancer, aids,etc... through injecting peroxide up your bum? People here spend thousands on alternative treatments that would have done the same thign as nothing. You could have spent that money on a vacation of some yoga classes and reduced your stress which would have improved your health far more. Coincidentally these are the same people that decide it's a great idea to screw the man and stop an antibiotic round before it's over, instead if quitting after all the medication is done.

That being said there are plenty of legit holistic treatments but they get lost in the garbage out there and boy there is a lot of garbage. I think that in a few decades modern medicine will have moved from treatment to prevention as it's primary focus. Of course there will always be treatments for diseases and whatever ails you but they will become experts on preventing them as best we can first. It seems to me that we have a lot of the answers already but not many companies devote the research to seeing which of these alternative procedures are good and which aren't. Eg. Liver flushing. It wouldn't take a lot of money to conduct a decent test and put the issue to rest. I think that inthe coming years we will have discovered that some of these alternative practices are legit, except for a more scientific reason than your body is acidic or you have extra heat(Really, you can't change ph hardly any without dying and I fail to see what parts you can with food).

I think that if we just stick to less stress, more healthy relationships with friends and family, regular exercise, a diet that is low in refined foods(Things like alcohol are exceptions), we wouldn't need much of the things modern or alternative medicine has for us. I don't think you can go wrong with this lifestyle. It's what all the cultures with people that live long and happy lives do. Doesn't matter if it's whole grains, unpasturized milk, wild rice, whale blubber, sake, butter, etc... Things you thought were unhealthy but were natural and not refined are constantly being proven to be healthy after all. Hell who thought saturated fats or alcohol comsumed in moderation were good for you, not only good for you but better than if you never ate them at all? Milk is unhealthy? Unnatural? Tell that to the Scandinavians or the Swiss or the French who if they follow thier traditional diet will probably end up healthier than you. I felt stupid becasue the studies were there all along, I just listened to the wrong ones.

I think we are just coming out of a short period I call the dark ages of healthy living. It's the 80s and 90's that ruined it I think. Demonizing otherwise good foods like butter, not dealing with stress management or healthy relationships, or a simple, regular exercise program. Instead it focused on fads. Food fads, exercise fads, retarded books on how to live your life when they did more harm than good. It's mostly nonsense. Our grandparents knew far less about the total effects of their lifestyle on their health but they seemed to be doing a lot more healthy things anyway.

Wow that got off topic. I just think that the secret to a healthy life is simple. Everythign I believe has a simple answer at it's core. Acne to me is no different. It just seems complicated because people live such screwed up lives that they have to rearrange so many things in order to go back to simple, healthy living. It doesn't help that in conjunction they also take about 50 different kinds of alternative treatments and praise althernative living for curing them. I'm pretty sure you don't need liver cleansers, colon cleansers, alkeline diets, apple cider vinegar, salt water facial steams, 20 cups of burdock root tea, and putting pee on your face every day in order to get clear. Besides, even if you did get clear how would you know what did it? I highly doubt everythign happened by fate to work synergistically together to combat it. Sure all of these things serve a purpose but if you really needed every one you would be in far worse shape than you are now.

Did any of those sites/methods/e-books cite any scientific references to back its claim?

Here is a site that uses scientific references that uses human biochemistry to come to its theory on how diet is related to acne.

There is nothing to buy, no money to spend, just science to build facts on.

Good Luck.

There's really not much that's deeply scientific about Wai's hypothesis. "Dirty proteins" is not really accepted as science and it forms the basis of his hypothesis.

P.S. I agree with blackbirdbeetle's post for the most part. Well-thought out. And yeah, would it really be so hard for someone to do studies on liver flushing? It seems like medical science is just so biased in one direction.

Another thing - people talk like holistic health is expensive. I haven't found this to be so. Medical insurance and prescription medicine is expensive - one example, I had to pay 40 or 50 dollars for Retin-A back when I was into the whole "I'll just go see the derm" thing. That's bullshit. I don't see the benefits of paying medical insurance and prescription costs to see a doctor for 10 minutes, barely have him listen to what I'm saying, then get some bandaid treatment that only hides the true underlying cause. And then people wonder why someone would want to go seek alternative means... When I was seeing an accupuncturist / nutritionist / Chinese medicine practitioner, I would pay 75 dollars (since it's not covered by insurance) and see them for an hour and a half and actually feel good about it afterwards. Compare that to 100's of dollars for insurance a month and relatively little time with an MD.

I think for the most part the actual treatments of holistic health are not expensive, and if you're getting conned into expensive ones then you're falling for a scam. I mean, the main policy of holistic health is an improved diet - that's probably the most expensive part, but well worth it.

What a mistake.

NONE OF THESE WORKED!

honestly, all that stuff you tried was really pretty crappy. Come on, acne free in 3 days. If you are seriously basing an opinion off that crap then you truly are gullible. Most of the people here, at least the regulars, don't advocate these things. I'll give you the whopping secret formula of this forum:

1. Good diet.

2. Regular exercise.

3. Adequate quality and quantity of sleep.

4. Stress management.

Crazy, right? It seems like a regimen from another planet. Most of the things you tried were one week this or 3 days that. It's all about a consistent sustained lifestyle.

I'm TIRED OF ALL THIS MEDICAL CRAP.. I did every single medical treatment available to no avail! I took about 15 different creams that burned my skin to hell, benzoil peroxide, acid this, acid that, all bullshit. Over the counter creams, I took them all, wow those companies are really trying to screw me over. Wow, I even did the damn proactive and then I took pills... antibiotics that a dermatologist prescribe! And that didn't even work!

So THEN i did Accutane for 3 months (or was it 6, I would have to check my medical records) on the strong dose! Wow what a mind job that was, it screwed up my body so bad, I still felt the side effects a year later.

Now, I finally went down the holistic path, researching everything I could, finding out why certain things work, and why others don't. I found out WHY the remedies worked for some people, and had absolutely no effect on others. Then I built my own personal remedy from the things that were the most efficient for me. And I now see more results with the holistic method than any other method before.

PROVE TO ME THAT IT WORKS, I'D LIKE TO TALK TO PEOPLE WHO DID ACCUTANE AND SEE HOW THEY ARE DOING 2-3 YEARS LATER. (Not immediately after, give it 1-2 years)

Usually I don't post in this tone of voice, but I'm sure anyone with half a brain will understand why I did.

:clap::dance::D:clap:

I agree that holistic medicine is a load of crap. Medicines have to be officially approved as safe and effective. There are no safeguards to make sure holistic medicine is effective or even safe. People assume that "chemicals" are bad and "natural" is safe but this isn't necessarily so. There was a lot of publcity a few years ago that parabens (evil nasty chemicals) might disrupt people's hormones but after loads of research they were shown to be safe. More recently lavender and tea tree oil (lovely natural and safe) were shown to disrupt the hormones of young boys. If people who fall for every new "holistic" remedy want to put hose pipes up their bums and drink their piss that's up to them but personally I'm sticking to a healthy lifestyle and medicines that are proved safe and effective.

A lot, ALOT of holistic cures out there are a big rip off. However a lot LLLLLOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTt of medicine that is "proven" safe is not. Many medicines cure one thing and cause damage to something else. I see where you're going that it would be safer because they are tested and most holisitc remedies arent but it all comes down to research and making informed decisions not buying into myth cures from either the medical or holistic side. There is no magic holistic pill out there, there is also no magic medical pill. Its a whole big picture. Also generally speaking based on the first posters comment none of us on here that Ive come across are trying to sell or buy into any specific products Most of what has helped so many of us is not one or two or 7 products either its more of a big picture. Good luck with whatever path you go on.

honestly, all that stuff you tried was really pretty crappy. Come on, acne free in 3 days. If you are seriously basing an opinion off that crap then you truly are gullible. Most of the people here, at least the regulars, don't advocate these things. I'll give you the whopping secret formula of this forum:

1. Good diet.

2. Regular exercise.

3. Adequate quality and quantity of sleep.

4. Stress management.

Crazy, right? It seems like a regimen from another planet. Most of the things you tried were one week this or 3 days that. It's all about a consistent sustained lifestyle.

That's what i was going to post but couldn't be bothered. :dance:

One needs moderation even in the cures you try

You did too many things at one time, haven't been consistent with them (in my experience 5-6 months are necessary to resettle the body and have stressed the body with too much of this or that

Remember that tane works only for 80% of individuals so nothing works for everybody

The only way is experimenting and the best way to experiment is to choose one approach and stick with it for long enough not making a stressful mess with all kind of cures, products, approaches and so on

Of course it's not only a matter of what works better but also what is less harmful long term for the body

Your interest in holistic medicine should go beyond whether it works quickly or not, the difference about industrial pharms is that they may appear to work quickly but at an expense

Holistic medicine is more individualized than allopathic medicine as such it's less easy to find something that works for you. Allopathic medicine is for lazy brains but holistic medicine require one (maybe for the first time in his or her life) to think for himself or herself, to put some effort in thinking that goes way beyond learning by heart what you read in a school textbook

Remember also that just because you tried something from people who just cared about your money that doesn't mean you have tried everything, tried the right non-hoax things, the right approach or stumbled upon what might work for you. If you go out looking for truffles in the woods and you can't find them, it doesn't mean they don't exist or truffles are a myth ...

The thread should have ended with this post. It is pure gold. Accutane gave me a receeding hairline. I have three older brothers who havn't touched the stuff and they all have dense hairlines.

Blackbeetle gets my vote for the best (and most balanced) response to this thread.

For two months I wasted my time with Holistics and alternative sciences.

For two months I wasted my time with Holistics and alternative sciences.

I don't think you can base your judgment's on just two months. Even Accutane doesn't work for most people in just two months.

That is so very true!

Another thing - people talk like holistic health is expensive. I haven't found this to be so. Medical insurance and prescription medicine is expensive - one example, I had to pay 40 or 50 dollars for Retin-A back when I was into the whole "I'll just go see the derm" thing. That's bullshit.

Unfortunately you're coming from the point of view of an American. Most people in the UK are able to go through the National Health Service. I believe that people under the age of 18 (or is it 16 - not sure, its been a long time since I was either of those ages!) get doctor's appointments, prescriptions and even derm referrals for free. Over that age the cost of the prescription is around GBP7 - around US$11. My trips to the nutritionists cost on average GBP80 for an hour and the price of all supplements recommended exceeded that.

What a mistake.

NONE OF THESE WORKED!

different things for different people, for some medicines do work and hollistic stuff doesn't and for some people medical stuff doesn't work

as for people being off accutane for years, i know two people (the only 2 i know personally who took accutane) who had complete remission for years (5-6 years), and still have no acne.

I just wanted to say how impressed I am with how civil everyone in this thread is being! Let's keep it that and show the rest of Acneorg that this can be done! Thank you guys so much!

I just wanted to say how impressed I am with how civil everyone in this thread is being! Let's keep it that and show the rest of Acneorg that this can be done! Thank you guys so much!

uh-oh, someone mentioned civility...that's the kiss of death.

Another thing - people talk like holistic health is expensive. I haven't found this to be so. Medical insurance and prescription medicine is expensive - one example, I had to pay 40 or 50 dollars for Retin-A back when I was into the whole "I'll just go see the derm" thing. That's bullshit.

Unfortunately you're coming from the point of view of an American. Most people in the UK are able to go through the National Health Service. I believe that people under the age of 18 (or is it 16 - not sure, its been a long time since I was either of those ages!) get doctor's appointments, prescriptions and even derm referrals for free. Over that age the cost of the prescription is around GBP7 - around US$11. My trips to the nutritionists cost on average GBP80 for an hour and the price of all supplements recommended exceeded that.

Yes, but you're also paying for that through a chunk of tax money so it all equals out either way.

Yes, but you're also paying for that through a chunk of tax money so it all equals out either way.

OK, but you pay the tax whether you visit the doc or and whether you visit a holistic practitioner or not.