Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Laura123

Hypopigmented ice picks?

After studying my face in the light I have realised that every one of my ice picks, around 8 of them (all caused from chicken pox not acne) have hypopigmented bases to them, even if they don't seem to until stretched. My smaller acne scars (more like box ones) some are still red but these too seem to be slightly hypopigmented. My ice picks luckily tend to be near the sides of my face or on my forehead where I have a fringe/bangs BUT now I'm worried about having fraxel as I planned to do next year. Do you think fraxel would be more risky for someone who seems to hypopigment?

After studying my face in the light I have realised that every one of my ice picks, around 8 of them (all caused from chicken pox not acne) have hypopigmented bases to them, even if they don't seem to until stretched. My smaller acne scars (more like box ones) some are still red but these too seem to be slightly hypopigmented. My ice picks luckily tend to be near the sides of my face or on my forehead where I have a fringe/bangs BUT now I'm worried about having fraxel as I planned to do next year. Do you think fraxel would be more risky for someone who seems to hypopigment?

Welcome to my world, except it's my scar areas that have hypopigmentation. At least the silcone injections have dramatically leveled the scar depressions. I am going to have a scar "tattooed" with skin tone ink to see what happens.