Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justaguy

Acne/Diet Confusion - Some Light

In almost every post I see two comments come up again and again:

"I eat perfectly healthy and still get acne I'm so mad!!!"

"My friends eat whatever they want and they don't get acne, diet means nothing!!!"

The reason for this is that people's bodies deal with bad foods in different ways. Let me give you an example. Some people can eat 4,000 calories a day and not gain an ounce. Others who eat that much are insanely obese.

Here's the thing:

Just because you don't see an outward sign that their bad eating is having on their body doesn't mean bad things aren't going on internally!

People get obsessed with external appearance. Trust me, when they are having heart attacks at 35 because they never changed their diet they are going to wish they had acne to let them know something was wrong with their body. You've got to start seeing acne as a blessing. Once you have your acne cleared I guarantee you will be thankful for the experience. You'll know a ton about health. You'll be humble - you'll realize you don't know everything. You'll be able to have the rest of your life in a relatively healthy state because you'll know what to do when you are sick and what caused that sickness in the first place.

Here's the critical thing about diet and acne. All acne is caused by improper diet. In fact 99% of diseases in modern coutries are due to poor diet. Here's the kicker and the important point: Just changing your diet does NOT solve your problems!!! All that bad eating has slaughtered your bowels, your kidneys, your stomach, and especially YOUR LIVER! Even if you change your diet it doesn't matter in the SHORT RUN because your liver is not functioning correctly! In the LONG RUN diet makes sure to keep your internal organs functioning properly! Diet is primarily a PREVENTATIVE against disease, not a CURE.

Perfect liver = no acne guaranteed.

You've GOT to restore your liver to proper functioning! This is done by LIVER FLUSHING. MANY times. That means 15+ every two weeks. Not once and say "oh it made me feel bad"

Every liver flush gets easier. After 20 flushes I can drain a half a cup of olive oil/ grapefruit juice with no problems whatsoever. No nausea, no throwing up (never did that actually), and easily go to sleep right after. I can even wake up and have a full day the next day with absolutely no problems.

I guarantee if you do that you will have amazing skin.

A little note about diet. Everyone freaks out about things to cut out for a while. I did too. Just get rid of the hydrogenated oils, cut out the big sources of refined sugar (CANDY and SODA have to GO - soda forever), and the regular pasteurized milk and more importantly - CHEESE.

Meat is just fine. Meat just doesn't cause acne. Add cod liver oil capsules. Carlson's is like 100 caps for $6. If you can, get raw butter from organic pastures, http://www.organicpastures.com

Cod oil + that butter = best fats in the world. You must get a good intake of good fats.

Carb problems are due to a bad liver. Try to get sprouted breads though. At least unrefined breads.

The LIVER is the key to getting rid of acne. Diet is the key to keeping acne away! Once your liver is functioning properly t hen you'll see how effective changes in diet can be!

I agree for the most part. There's some things I disagree with but the main message is right, though I also believe you're making some sweeping generalizations that aren't necessarily true.

However, I've done 8 flushes and it's improved my condition. But it seems to me that I have liver flukes and need to get rid of them in order to get the full benefit out of liver flushes (I've been seeing these flukes in the toilet most of the time I flush). I think that's the missing piece as to why some people clear up off liver flushes in half the flushes I've done.

I agree with your main point that the body deals with things in different ways.

For instance, fish allergies.

Personally, fish causes huge, painful nodules that take weeks to months to clear. Even 1 fish oil capsule a day was enough to cause mutliple nodules.

Other people have different reactions. Maybe it's hives. SOme people have more severe reactions like their throat swelling up, which is possibly fatal. Yes, nodules suck but they are pretty benign compared to my throat closing off.

I have high cholesterol due to taking accutane 2 months ago. I would like to be nice to my liver now, how do I do a flush?

This is a very good post. I agree with almost everything... except that it's not guaranteed that everyone who does 20+ liver flushes will be clear. It doesn't work for everyone... although I think it would work for many people. But some people also have to deal with Candida overgrowth, metals toxicity, etc. But liver cleansing and flushing are definitely very very imporant.

I agree for the most part. There's some things I disagree with but the main message is right, though I also believe you're making some sweeping generalizations that aren't necessarily true.

However, I've done 8 flushes and it's improved my condition. But it seems to me that I have liver flukes and need to get rid of them in order to get the full benefit out of liver flushes (I've been seeing these flukes in the toilet most of the time I flush). I think that's the missing piece as to why some people clear up off liver flushes in half the flushes I've done.

Whats a liver fluke?

Whats a liver fluke?

Oh yeah I wanted to ask you, RS... what do liver flukes look like? I think I've seen some with some flushes but I'm not sure.

And do you mean that there's something else besides flushing that gets rid of liver flukes?

Whats a liver fluke?

Oh yeah I wanted to ask you, RS... what do liver flukes look like? I think I've seen some with some flushes but I'm not sure.

And do you mean that there's something else besides flushing that gets rid of liver flukes?

Liver flukes look like red triangular tomato skins... I've verified this from asking Humaworm / others on curezone, looking at diagrams on the internet and looking at a few pictures. This is exactly what I see in the toilet - you'd have a very rough time arguing that these things are "created" from olive oil, ES and lemon juice... they have to come from inside the body. According to people on curezone, it gets red from your blood, over time.

I guess the way to kill them besides flushing is to take the anti-parasitic herbs (cloves, wormwood, black walnut hulls), though I'm allergic to the last one so I'm going to substitute oregano oil instead. I need to get the first and second ones soon, or just find an anti-parasitic formula that doesn't have black walnut hulls (haven't had much luck).

Also, I haven't done a liver flush since August, which is why I haven't talked about them much. I've been meaning to do one this weekend after Thanksgiving though... it's so hard to find the time in the school year!

Yep, I've seen things that look exactly like what you described. I asked about this on CureZone before and was told that it was just grapefruit pulp... but that's impossible because I strain the grapefruit juice...

Yeah see, I don't even use grapefruit, plus there's too much of it in the first place... well, it'd probably be a better idea to ask the parasite forum as opposed to the liver flush forum.

Acne has probably made more people aware of their decadent internal health. However, I don't advocate any one philosophy or technique. I don't push snake oil. Now that you're aware of your internal health, do research and find out for yourself.

A healthy liver is the key to everything. But so is healthy kidneys, healthy lungs, a healthy heart, a healthy brain, etc. Your body is a complete system and no one part of it is less essential than another. So while liver dysfunction may be the case, it certainly isn't the case in everyone and it certainly isn't the cause or cure of acne.

Guest ThereIsHope

Then how come there are people out there with HORRIBLE livers and the clearest skin ever? It doesnt make sense. If they have the same eating problems we do they should have acne. I just dont see the difference.

People get obsessed with external appearance. Trust me, when they are having heart attacks at 35 because they never changed their diet they are going to wish they had acne to let them know something was wrong with their body. You've got to start seeing acne as a blessing. Once you have your acne cleared I guarantee you will be thankful for the experience. You'll know a ton about health. You'll be humble - you'll realize you don't know everything. You'll be able to have the rest of your life in a relatively healthy state because you'll know what to do when you are sick and what caused that sickness in the first place.

I agree completely with this part

Then how come there are people out there with HORRIBLE livers and the clearest skin ever? It doesnt make sense. If they have the same eating problems we do they should have acne. I just dont see the difference.

Lol. Did you actually read the post? The entire thing was mostly about this question. SOme people exhibit internal problems through their skin, some don't. In a way, skin problems are a good thing because they can be a barometer of internal health. I can tell by my skin what foods agree and disagree with me by the reaction it causes in the skin.

Those people that eat like crap may not have skin problems, but they may have a heart attack at 37 because they didn't see any negative consequences like acne.

If not acne, then diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, obesity, PCOS etc. etc. Person A may develope acne, Person B may develope heart disease. Person C may develope both if they don't take steps to try and imrpve their health. Acne can be a crappy blessing in disguise.

Is it really a total accident that the Western World has the worst diet and lifestyle and has the highest (by far0 rate of acne, heart disease, diabetes etc.? They are all connected. By saving yourself from one (let's say acne) you may be preventing another (heart disease?) down the line and be better off for it.

R.S What do u think about this "one day cleanse liver & G.

http://www.lifeevents.org/gall-bladder-cleanse.htm

One Day Gallbladder & Liver Cleanse

Gallbladder and Liver Cleanse Intro

You may clean your gallbladder and liver with this simple, non-medicinal procedure in less than 24 hours. Schedule a time when you have a holiday from work or a light workload. You will start your cleanse at 2pm and finish by late morning of the following day. Make sure your bowels are clean. If you need, take a natural bowel cleaner (i.e. senna or garcinia) the day before this cleanse.

Gallbladder and Liver Cleanse Shopping List

1. Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 4 oz (equal to 125 ml, ½ cup)

2. Limes, Lemons or Grapefruit - 4 oz fresh juice

3. Epsom salt - Magnesium Sulphate MgSO4 - 4 tablespoons

Day 1 Afternoon

2:00 pm Stop eating and drinking. Mix all of the Epsom Salt (MgSO4) with 1 liter (4 cups) of water. The saltwater may be chilled if you find it easier to drink.

6:00 pm Drink one cup (250 ml) of saltwater.

8:00 pm Drink one cup of saltwater.

9:45 pm Mix Olive Oil and Fresh Juice in a glass. Finish all evening chores and get reading for bed.

10:00 pm Drink the whole Oil/Juice mixture standing next to your bed. Immediately lie down on your left side and raise your right leg up to your chest. Do not move for at least 20 minutes. Try to go to sleep in this position.

Liver and Gallbladder Position in the Body

Note Gallbladder in Green

for location within the body.

Day 2 Morning

6:00 am (or anytime after 6am) Drink one cup of saltwater

8:00 am Drink your last cup of saltwater

10:00 am Start to drink - any fresh fruit juice.

10:30 am Eat fruit.

11:30 am Eat regular food, but keep it light. By late afternoon you should feel recovered.

What Benefits to Expect from Gallbladder & Liver Cleansing

Of course, you may feel nauseous drinking saltwater and the oil/juice mixture (we think it taste like Italian Salad Dressing.) The saltwater will get your bowels moving and open your bile ducts to prevent any pain. You may feel a train of stones traveling along the bile ducts like marbles. See the detailed picture below for help with visualization while you are cleaning.

Liver and Gallbladder Cleanse: Plumbing Detail

Expect diarrhea in the morning. Count your stones. They will look like green and tan peas (there are plenty of pictures on the internet if you want to look for them, but we'll spare you here.) The cholesterol inside makes them float. You may also have crystals, sand, and cloudy white residue; all this is usual.

You may repeat this cleanse every two weeks. Don't cleanse while ill or recovering from illness.

Tips for good Gallbladder health

* Eat light

* Avoid Fat Meat

* Avoid Deep Fried Food

* Avoid Spicy Food

* Avoid Heavy Milk products

I'm glad a bunch found the post helpful.

I've never heard of anyone doing 20 liver flushes and not having clear to nearly clear skin. Yes it is a whole internal body thing for sure. All the organs need to be healthy. But a clean liver means that liver can purify the blood, and so purify the rest of the organs.

Candida is also helped by a liver flush. As for parasite stuff, I've used MH at curezone's parasite formula and it seems to be very effective.

If not acne, then diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, obesity, PCOS etc. etc. Person A may develope acne, Person B may develope heart disease. Person C may develope both if they don't take steps to try and imrpve their health. Acne can be a crappy blessing in disguise.

Is it really a total accident that the Western World has the worst diet and lifestyle and has the highest (by far0 rate of acne, heart disease, diabetes etc.? They are all connected. By saving yourself from one (let's say acne) you may be preventing another (heart disease?) down the line and be better off for it.

Actually, a person came around this board not too long ago with liver cirrhoisis or some other liver disease talking about how they noticed a complete correlation between their liver function and acne - everytime function went down, breakouts occured. In my own experience I think this is pretty much on point, whether or not there's medical trials to back it. And yeah, different people manifest their problems in different ways just like someone else said.

What is a simple liver flush I can do?

Eat apples 5 days straight??? :cool:

Jen: refer to Melfice2k's post he just made. That's basically the "classic" liver flush. It's not easy, it's not fun, but I think it's effective.

Melfice2k: Yes, that's pretty much the classic liver flush that everyone is talking about when they refer to liver flushing. The thing is I think it's only necessary to drink epsom salts twice - once at 8pm the day of the lemon juice / olive oil, and the next morning. It's way too taxing to your body / unnecessary to do all 4 doses. Also, while you're not eating from 2-10pm, I think it's important to drink dandelion root tea, as it increases bile production which means more pressure to push things out of the liver.

The problem with the "everyone manifests internal problems differently" argument is that it suggests that if you don't cure your acne problem by fixing the internal problems that are creating it you will by definition continue to have those internal problems which will eventually lead to some other disease - like diabetes, liver disease, heart attacks etc. However, I don't think that are any generally recognised studies that suggests that acne is a precursor to some other disease (although it is a recognised symptom of certain diseases like PCOS).

I've never heard of anyone doing 20 liver flushes and not having clear to nearly clear skin.

I have, unfortunately. I know of at least 2 people. I have done 13 flushes and I'm not clear yet. I was really clearing up around my 5th or 6th flush... but things went a little downhill sometime after that. I am still doing them, but I don't know if it will be my cure.

The problem with the "everyone manifests internal problems differently" argument is that it suggests that if you don't cure your acne problem by fixing the internal problems that are creating it you will by definition continue to have those internal problems which will eventually lead to some other disease - like diabetes, liver disease, heart attacks etc. However, I don't think that are any generally recognised studies that suggests that acne is a precursor to some other disease (although it is a recognised symptom of certain diseases like PCOS).

Ok, that's an interesting point. Here's the thing though. I'm not saying acne is a guaranteed precursor to another disease. It's not "If you have acne from 13-20, then you will have heart disease by 50" It isn't that simple. But here's the thing - acne IS a sign of an internal problem. That's not something anyone can argue with. Acne is not a problem just the result of "bad skin" It's the result of the conditions of the body inside (bad food, toxic medicines/vaccines, mercury etc. etc.)

Now, if someone uses, for example, the BP regimen and gets clear skin, then do they still have an internal problem? IMO, Yes, yes yes! That's the whole argument.

And you're right - there's no "scientific studies" on this. (which are useless anyway). This is from personal experience and reading the stories / seeing people with these same problems thousands of times over. We don't need cooked up science to teach us what we can observe on a daily basis.

Here's some observations: (THese are GENERAL, understand, I know there might be 3 people who have it differently) I'm talking about teenage acne here, the adult-onset version is more complex.

- When people start getting acne, it's the only symptom of sickness they have.

- Acne starts here and there and gradually progresses to a more advanced from. (Basically universal, except in the case of people who use strong prescription medications and often start getting crazy large random breakouts)

- Now take a look at the person who has strong acne after 8+ years of it. The chances that at this point the acne is their ONLY problem is basically zero. They've likely got many other things: digestion problems, lots of food allergies, constant colds, poor eyesight(something that is seen as "normal" for kids age 8-20 to need glasses), the "bulking up" of the abdomen area which to an untrained eye just looks normal to us today, but is actually the internal organs ballooning in size, especially the colon, sleep problems, drowsiness, candida, and I could go on and on.

Even all of the above listed things aren't very serious - YET. But are they much more serious than acne? Yes, most definitely.

As for the study linking acne to more serious diseases later, that would be pointless. 85% of people get acne at some point. That's basically everyone. To try and create a scientific link between the two would be impossible.

Later diseases aren't linked to acne. They are linked to bad eating habits which result in improper functioning of the internal organs. Acne is one of the first signs of malfunctioning internal organs.

No one's first symptom is cancer.

^ ^ ^ Have you thought that maybe you have liver flukes reproducing inside?

Me? Yeah... like I said, I did flush some out so I suppose there's still more. I never took it that seriously but I guess that could be causing some of my problems.