Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tazorac

some of the dumbest or bad advice that youve heard about acne

1.some people think sweating helps acne (exercising) that is dumb and its false...sweating makes acne worse!! it clogs your skin and results in inflammation

1.some people think sweating helps acne (exercising) that is dumb and its false...sweating makes acne worse!! it clogs your skin and results in inflammation

really? i thought that sweat had no effects on acne.... or maybe thats just back acne or something?

some random guy on the street told me that urine was good for it. and me like a bloody idiot, willing to try anything to see improvements, did it. BS!!!! now, im thinking that *sshole (pardon) did it to skrew me over! :evil:

About 80% of what I read here is somewhat ridiculous. The "just eat healthy & drink water & dont stress" theories are irritating! That advice is based on a typical stereotype: people with acne must live off fast food & eat tons of junk & drink only soda :rolleyes:

Or the "just stop everything & it will go away" theory...uh huh....everytime I've tried that in the past I end up worse than ever.

Also: I dont think sweating is good or bad for acne, but healthy excercise is good for your body & your skin is an organ in your body. Cant hurt it. If your face is gross & sweaty from a workout then wash it! Try not to wear makeup when working out. Kind of common sense, right?

About 80% of what I read here is somewhat ridiculous. The "just eat healthy & drink water & dont stress" theories are irritating! That advice is based on a typical stereotype: people with acne must live off fast food & eat tons of junk & drink only soda :rolleyes:

Or the "just stop everything & it will go away" theory...uh huh....everytime I've tried that in the past I end up worse than ever.

Also: I dont think sweating is good or bad for acne, but healthy excercise is good for your body & your skin is an organ in your body. Cant hurt it. If your face is gross & sweaty from a workout then wash it! Try not to wear makeup when working out. Kind of common sense, right?

Exactly what I was thinking! Yes, water IS good for you, yes exercise is GOOD for you but they are not the only cure- if you integrate many things they will work together- take care of your body to get rid of toxins and to be healthier AND take care of your face! This will make things easier so you are not relying on one or the other with no real results and lots of frustration.

Umm I dance twice a week and it doesn't make my acne worse, you just have to wash your face when you get home!You can't give up exercising over acne.....I have never noticed sweating affecting acne at all, as long as you wash it off and so it can't mix with make up etc and clog your pores.

Worst is by far the do nothing method.....I mainly now have comedonal acne, I didn't touch my forehead for ages to see what would happen (I have a fringe/bangs) and it just became full of blackheads and whiteheads. So much for doing nothing, so I never tried it on my whole face. Anyway I got acne when I used to do nothing so how would that help now!

really? i thought that sweat had no effects on acne.... or maybe thats just back acne or something?

some random guy on the street told me that urine was good for it. and me like a bloody idiot, willing to try anything to see improvements, did it. BS!!!! now, im thinking that *sshole (pardon) did it to skrew me over! :evil:

You randomly started talking to some random guy on the street and he randomly told you to try URINE and you DID IT?

...wtf? :wall:

Dude.. :naughty:

Umm I dance twice a week and it doesn't make my acne worse, you just have to wash your face when you get home!You can't give up exercising over acne.....I have never noticed sweating affecting acne at all, as long as you wash it off and so it can't mix with make up etc and clog your pores.

Worst is by far the do nothing method.....I mainly now have comedonal acne, I didn't touch my forehead for ages to see what would happen (I have a fringe/bangs) and it just became full of blackheads and whiteheads. So much for doing nothing, so I never tried it on my whole face. Anyway I got acne when I used to do nothing so how would that help now!

im not saying sweating/exercising makes your acne much worse..but it dam sure dosent help like some people have said....ive heard people on here say exercisng helps you "sweat out toxins" what the hell does that mean..thats ridicolous

the worst or stupid advice? on these boards actually....

the 'dump your meds/products and dip your face in water only' thing.

worst

advice

ever.

use proactiv, my brother said this when i was going to go on accutane, first of all i already tried it and it didn't work. just because it worked for him doesn't mean it will work for me.

use pee

eat some soup my dad, he made soup and told me to eat it because i needed to fix my skin. he was just trying to get me to eat his soup.

don't eat grapefruit.

get off all chemical products

use pee

yeah, this one is at the top too...... and yet some people keep dredging it up for some strange reason?

it's obviously a joke that has gone too far, I feel really bad for those who try it.

OH OH!!!!!!

the 3 day apple/enema acne cure scam.... all those people, I feel bad for them too!

Guest Locked In Grace

Sweat glands do release toxins when you perspire. And there is nothing in sweat that would clog pores. Perhaps the high salt content could slightly irritate the skin, resulting in the possibility of exacerbating acne.

Rinsing with cool water after heavy perspiration should alleviate the problem somewhat.

You randomly started talking to some random guy on the street and he randomly told you to try URINE and you DID IT?

...wtf? :wall:

Dude.. :naughty:

:lol: :lol: well not exactly like that. i mean i had heard in the past that urine was a very useful tool for all sorts of problems (and i actually beleieve this is true) and then him telling me that led me to try it for acne. Granted the man had the demenor of a doctor, not just some random guy. i know thats not enough to trust him, but alas i was younger....had more faith in human kind.... i mean the old fart was coming out of a church for crying out loud....

"just don't pop your pimples. leave them alone." sorry but huge cystic pimples with giant white comedones just waiting to burst don't just heal up over night.

• "using toothpaste clears acne"
  • "masturbation causes acne"
  • "drinking milk causes break outs" - (in my opinion, food should never be taken into account to treat your acne. some people do extreme things like starve themselves and that's just stupid)

• using toothpaste clears acne
  • masturbation causes acne
  • drinking milk causes break outs - (in my opinion, food should never be taken into account to treat your acne. some people do extreme things like starve themselves and that's just stupid. milk is very healthy for our bones.)

[*]"using toothpaste clears acne"

ummmm, it doesn't clear you....... but it does help spot treat if you are in a pinch and don't have anything else.... and it works!

the worst or stupid advice? on these boards actually....

the 'dump your meds/products and dip your face in water only' thing.

worst

advice

ever.

when i read that thread that that guy made about the "dip method" i was a little interested. i mean i know just dipping your face in water wouldnt help but i liked the way it made my face feel so i started doing it w/ all my other stuff. i recently stopped the CSR [DKR now?? i dont remember] and i like the way my face feels now. i cant stand having that icky skin that comes with loads of BP!

Once I was hanging out with this girl who had pretty bad acne, and then she told me that once a lady insisted that she put blood on her face to clear up acne... not just any blood either--the blood she got from her "time of the month" if you know what I mean.

SOME PEOPLE!

Once I was hanging out with this girl who had pretty bad acne, and then she told me that once a lady insisted that she put blood on her face to clear up acne... not just any blood either--the blood she got from her "time of the month" if you know what I mean.

SOME PEOPLE!

:X That is disgusting.

SOME PEOPLE!

thats nasty!!!!!!!!! :sick: :sick:

ugh cant really think of anything to top that! that dip regime made me giggle though!

SOME PEOPLE!

thats nasty!!!!!!!!! :sick: :sick:

ugh cant really think of anything to top that! that dip regime made me giggle though!

yes, i've been told the same thing and i was like "NO WAY!!!" and people who say that don't even have acne so what do they know

SOME PEOPLE!

holy crap!! :wall:

This one girl on a forum said that she cant understand people with acne , " they dont know how to wash their face or dont wash their face at all" i wanted to slap the hell out of her BUT IT WAS ON A STUPID FORUM...damn people.