Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crxsi777

My last day on Accutaine is today

So I started Accutaine may 15th and today is my last day - nov 21st

for the first 3 mnths I took 40 mg 1 day, 60 the next day

for the other 2 mnths I took 80 mg a day

for the last mnth I took 120 mg a day

My skin is pretty clear now, just some red markes left, I just got back from the derm, I asked if I could have an extra mnth, but she said I realy dont need it all it would do is make my skin more irratated.

Then all she said is that I should gently wash my face and thats all, nothing else!

From those of you who finished accutaine, after u were done, what kind of expereince u had and did u do anything at all with your face or left it alone?

my doctor said to leave it alone too....... which I am not going to take that advice.

I will be getting green cream and/or some kind of retin A topical. My skin is clear, I want it to stay that way!

I think using a topical retinoid to maintain is the best approach. Derms are mixed, some agree with me, some disagree. My derm was in the disagree camp, so i went with Green Cream which is an effective, gentle, over the counter retinol which i am very happy with and recommend for people post-Accutane to keep the pores clear.

what is this green cream? how do u use it and what does it exactly do? whats the full name of it if i go to pharmacy for it...

I do nothing. I shave every other day, wrinse my face with cold water twice a day, and wash with a gentle mild cleanser 1-2x a week. And my skin has remained good in 4 and a alf months being off tane. Last week and then again today, I got my 1st and 2nd pimples after being off tane, but they were extremely tiny ones, so nothing to worry about yet.

I do nothing. I shave every other day, wrinse my face with cold water twice a day, and wash with a gentle mild cleanser 1-2x a week. And my skin has remained good in 4 and a alf months being off tane. Last week and then again today, I got my 1st and 2nd pimples after being off tane, but they were extremely tiny ones, so nothing to worry about yet.

i shave every day, and i was wondering, i wash my face same thing - 1 - 2x a week with cetaphil, but mostly just when i shower with water. but thats on the taine, i guess now that im off it, i dont want ot break out

i shave every day, and i was wondering, i wash my face same thing - 1 - 2x a week with cetaphil, but mostly just when i shower with water. but thats on the taine, i guess now that im off it, i dont want ot break out

Washing my face for some reason makes my face look worse. It feels much better and clean and smooth and great after i wash, but it looks red spotty and dry. I haven't broken out, just a tiny tiny lil spec, but they went away quickly so all is still good. Just i hope these specs aren't the warning sign of whats to come.

what is this green cream? how do u use it and what does it exactly do? whats the full name of it if i go to pharmacy for it...

It's an over the counter topical retinoid in a gel formulation with special packaging that prevents it from coming in contact with light and air which keeps it active.

You don't buy it at the pharmacy. It's sold by skin care professionals in person and via internet. I get mine at www.lindasy.com. You can learn more about it and find distributors on their website www.greencream.com. There is also a very long and informative post about it in the Over the Counter meds forum.

It's an over the counter topical retinoid in a gel formulation with special packaging that prevents it from coming in contact with light and air which keeps it active.

You don't buy it at the pharmacy. It's sold by skin care professionals in person and via internet. I get mine at www.lindasy.com. You can learn more about it and find distributors on their website www.greencream.com. There is also a very long and informative post about it in the Over the Counter meds forum.

How soon after accutane did you start treating yourself with the Green Cream?

Did you start with level 6?

I started with level 3 because i have pretty sensitive skin. I started i'm thinking a couple weeks afterwards, when i felt my skin could handle it, but then i stopped because i started peeling and i was about to get married and didn't want it to interfere with my makeup for the wedding. I re-started when i got back from the honeymoon a few weeks later. After using level 3 for two bottles i moved up to level 6, but i think i could have done so after 1 bottle of level 3 with no issues. For a more exact timeline, check the log in my sig, back a page or so from the end.

Basically, i think you're the best judge of when's a good time for you to start. When your skin doesn't seem all dry and irritated anymore - should be between 1 week and 4 weeks after for most people.