Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kimberlydoll

rubbing BP in

Im just wondering, because the past couple nights Ive been so tired when I come home I havent been rubbing it in for very long, so it just kinda sits on top of my skin, is this why Ive gotten a couple new zits? (Ive been on CSR with good results for 5 months)

yea i think rubbing it in is the whole point of the regimen. that's why it's stressed so much in the videos that u have to take your time and rub it in very very gently for it to work properly.

Im just wondering, because the past couple nights Ive been so tired when I come home I havent been rubbing it in for very long, so it just kinda sits on top of my skin, is this why Ive gotten a couple new zits? (Ive been on CSR with good results for 5 months)

i was under the impression that you were barely supposed to rub BP in...that you are supposed to let it asorb itself into your skin.

I very lightly rub mine in.

You have to rub the BP gently on your skin :angel: If you watch Dan's videos, you'll see that you have to take your time and let your skin absorb it. If you want to see results, then I suggest you follow the regimen's steps closely. Good luck! :D

I have noticed when I was lazy & did not rub it in much that the BP kinda dries on top of your face & flakes off. So rubbing it in makes sure it absorbs & doesnt dry on top of your skin.

Also, you rub it in gently so you dont irritate your skin.

It seemed to me that in the videos Dan was getting proper bp absorption, but it didn't seem like he was getting enough benzoyl peroxide. It looked like it was getting absorbed into his hands considerably and was being spread thinly. Is this all it really takes? And is it good to be touching your face with your hands for minutes at a time?

I have been wondering the same thing. I put on about a finger and a half of BP every night but I only rub it in long enough so that there isn't any gobs of BP visible on my face...this takes about a minute or two. Now (possibly because of this) I've noticed that I'm still breaking out quite a bit for almost 3 months into the regimen. Maybe I need to start rubbing (obviously not RUBBING but rather gliding?) the BP in more...

Dan uses quite a bit of BP, infact he uses the right amount of BP and he rubs it in for the right amount of time.

When your hands and face are clean, rubbing BP in helps it all absorb AND it will stimulate your circulation which can only be a good thing.

Any other time touching your face will spread bacteria because both your hands and face will not be perfectly clean.

Just follow what it says and you'll do good ;)

I have been wondering the same thing. I put on about a finger and a half of BP every night but I only rub it in long enough so that there isn't any gobs of BP visible on my face...this takes about a minute or two. Now (possibly because of this) I've noticed that I'm still breaking out quite a bit for almost 3 months into the regimen. Maybe I need to start rubbing (obviously not RUBBING but rather gliding?) the BP in more...

youre using a FINGER and a half?

thats a lot of BP.

if youre only rubbing a minute or two, then youre definitely not doing enough.

youre using a FINGER and a half?

thats a lot of BP.

if youre only rubbing a minute or two, then youre definitely not doing enough.

This is good news. I was getting kind of annoyed and starting to go back and search to see what I was doing wrong...:)

Maybe I'm not rubbing it in for long periods of time, but I'm using a finger amount worth and going super slow and my face just sucks it in.

Tips of the fingers are the only part of my hands I use.

Should I go even slower?

i find that jojoba oil on my face before bp allows the bp to not only absorb deeper, but faster too. plus, you know when it's completely absorbed, well because you know how bp feels "tacky" when it's almost absorbed, well with jojoba first you still feel that, but then it just goes away completely and your left with only some jojoba on the top that's how you know it's all in there.

I think another reason why rubbing the bp in is so important is because it gives the bp an opportunity to release oxygen directly into the pore. If left on the skin to absorb, the oxygen released by the bp just goes into the air.

I've been on the regimen for 5 weeks now with good results, but since I've been actually been sliding and letting the bp absorb into my skin, it's been about a week since I've been doing this, I've noticed that really deep pustules have been finally been coming to the surface. Which is a good thing, because these pustules are healing rapidly, and no other one's are taking their place.